[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade advice to updgrade TE…

JustinH

12-team, standard scoring league. I'm currently 5-1 but would like to upgrade at the TE position for ROS.

The offer: I trade away Zach Ertz and Keenan Allen, and receive Travis Kelce and Eddie Royal.

No other owners in my league are into trading, so this is pretty much my only option. (Well, one other owner proposed giving up Giovani Bernard and Clay Harbor for Greg Olsen and Montee Ball, but I hate the idea of giving up Bernard's scoring.)

What do you think of the Ertz/Allen for Kelce/Royal deal?

Here's my squad:

QBs: Romo, Cousins

RBs: Forte, Giovani Bernard, Tate, Crowell, (Just lost Knowshon to injury)

WRs: Jordy Nelson, Michael Floyd, Rueben Randle, Keenan Allen, Josh Gordon

TEs: Ertz, Clay Harbor (streaming during Ertz's bye week)

K: Gostkowski

Just traded Ertz and Gordon for Kelce and the #2 WW slot. Ertz has been having some real stinkers while Kelce has been at least delivering some midrange games. If you REALLY hate to part with Allen, I'd stand pat as I think Harbor might have some big games and playing matchups can work out nicely. Your team is good enough to afford doing this trade, though If I were you I'd try to get Carson Palmer off the wire (if he's still there) as Cousins is your true weak link...

I'm definitely not against parting with Allen. I'm not convinced that he's going to take a huge upturn in production with all the receiving options Rivers has in San Diego. A lot of people think he will, but they're basing it on a single year in the league—he's not a proven commodity yet. He's playing fairly well in real life—good blocking, getting looks, etc—I'm just not convinced of the translation to fantasy this season.

In terms of Cousins, I know in real life I'd never rely on him to win games, but in fantasy he's putting up something like the 13th most fantasy points for QBs. Except for one sub-10 scoring outing, he's been hovering around 20 points every game he's played. Do you think he's really that bad of an option as a backup QB?