[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help a girl out? Trade advice...

jhenn222

So I play in a standard league. I am 5-2. Need to take this thing home and make some moves to improve my overall team for the rest of the season. Here are my RB's and WR's.

Gio

Lamar

Mckinnon

Forsett

Khiry (he will be hitting the waiver wire soon)

Dez

Torrey

Crabtree

Beckham

QUESTION: Should I trade away Gio for Jordy Nelson as my receivers could use an upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Trading Gio away would bring the level of your RBs down to a scary level. Forsett can't keep this up. No way. Miller is too hot-and-cold and is an injury risk. McKinnon is a boom-or-bust kinda guy.

You already have Bryant (a stud WR1) and Crabtree who's a solid WR2. Smith has been quieter with the addition of the "other" Smith but could be used in a pinch, and Beckham's an up-and-comer.

Yes, adding Nelson would be nice, but not at the expense of your RB1. You'd be starting Miller and some wildcard at RB every week. Scary.

I'd look to trade a guy like Forsett or McKinnon paired with Smith to a team that's hanging on for life to get yourself a WR upgrade.

Don't trade Gio.

• Like 1

If this guy is so hard up for a RB, I'd first tease him a bit with McKinnon and Smith (who you could pass off as a WR2) for Nelson straight-up. He'll probably say no, but can't hurt to try. He has to give up value to get value, and McKinnon could be better than any RB he may have.

Now, if the no comes, maybe you "upgrade" him from McKinnon to Forsett, citing Forsett's stats to date and the fact that Pierce sucks and the team appears reluctant to use the rookie Taliaferro. Forsett's value is MUCH higher in PPR formats but hopefully he won't realize that. He'd still be getting a decent WR back in Smith, and the very startable RB he desires.

If both of those deals are nixed, then you're back to the drawing board for a lesser WR. Maybe a Michael Floyd or Pierre Garcon type.

Trading Gio away would bring the level of your RBs down to a scary level. Forsett can't keep this up. No way. Miller is too hot-and-cold and is an injury risk. McKinnon is a boom-or-bust kinda guy.

You already have Bryant (a stud WR1) and Crabtree who's a solid WR2. Smith has been quieter with the addition of the "other" Smith but could be used in a pinch, and Beckham's an up-and-comer.

Yes, adding Nelson would be nice, but not at the expense of your RB1. You'd be starting Miller and some wildcard at RB every week. Scary.

I'd look to trade a guy like Forsett or McKinnon paired with Smith to a team that's hanging on for life to get yourself a WR upgrade.

Don't trade Gio.

+1 minus Crab being a solid WR2