[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How would you have handled this situation?(money league)

Brooklyn718

So it's an 8 team league of friends which all know eachother..

Anyway.. things began to snowball when Team A decided to deal Dez Bryant.. trade was

Dez Bryant for Garcon, Spiller, Crabtree

Which doesn't sound too bad at all but still for the fact it happened 3 weeks into the season it was a bit premature of a trade and now it's looking pretty bad. I initially wanted to cancel the trade.. not because Team B was going to get much better.. but because everyone was going to use this trade as an example why their "rape trades" should be allowed. Anyway... I ended up letting it go thru because I didn't want to be a dictator.

We also have two brothers in our league.. one of which who has picked up players for his brothers team. He tried a trade where he literally signed Big Ben and tried dealing him for Eli the same day(a few days after he lit up the Redskins.. as you can already see I'm in a league with a bunch of overreactors) and I denied that trade.. not because it would have made him better because it wouldn't.. but because I didn't want him to get comfortable with being able to try to use a smoke screen of doing a "trade" to get the player he wanted. After I declined he threatened to log onto his brothers account and release Eli to sign him to his team no matter what because he said both teams were actually his. (yesterday he actually dealt Antonio Gates to his brothers team for an injured player.. which I accepted because at this point I gave up) and then messaged me to reverse the trade so he gets Gates back because he said he'd rather use Gates for his team this week. (what type of crap is that?)

Now.. I posted another thread where a team(the team who dealt away Dez) dealt (Team A)Demarco Murray/Frank Gore/Marques Colston for (Team B)Russell Wilson/Chris Ivory/Ahmad Bradshaw.. my problem with this trade is that the dude who dealt Murray to bring in Wilson has Aaron Rodgers.. so now he has 2 QB's. It's a 1 QB league. So we all expected that he had a deal in place to move Rodgers.. no he didn't and doesn't plan on moving Rodgers either. He plans on keeping both. This is where things get more annoying and head spinning. I messaged the kid and asked him if he had a plan for this move or why he did it.. which he said he doesn't need to explain anything to anyone. So I told the other team who received Murray that I will cancel this trade because the whole league is vetoing the deal and this is where he began to say that if anyone vetos the deal he demands his money back. This is where the Dez trade comes into play because he immediately mentioned that trade and how if that deal went thru this one should too. So he screen shots the convo between the two of them to show the two aren't colluding(I don't understand how that would prove anything but anyway)... in the convo it showed that Team A didn't even want Chris Ivory in the deal.. so the original deal was Murray/Gore/Colston for Wilson/Bradshaw. Like.. even if the dude wants to deal Rodgers for another player(which makes no sense because he's basically just trading a QB for a new RB and his RB for a new QB) everyone knows the trade deadline is November 6th in our league and will wait till he's desperate and offer him horrible/mediocre deals for Rodgers... especially in a 8 team league as is Rodgers isn't as valuable as a RB anyway.

So what would you have done/what have you done in a situation where a team asked for their money back? because I honestly gave up/giving up on the league. I plan on returning everyone's money back because I'm a pretty stubborn and petty person and when someone threatens me with an action.. I will just mess things up even worse. I know I had a previous thread but what would you do about the Murray trade?

Sorry for such a long post but just venting...

Jesus. Being a league manager in that league sounds worse than being a member of the hapless Oakland Raiders.

There is no point in negotiating, or bartering. I would veto the Murray trade since it makes zero sense - the dude has Rodgers and Murray, which would be downgrade to Bradshaw.

If this cannot be done, just give people their money back and get the hell outta there. Lots of leagues, and lots of fantasy to be played. Fantasy where you are kicking yourself for starting the wrong player is infinitely better than fantasy where people are kicking you for their money. Good luck buddy.

Jesus. Being a league manager in that league sounds worse than being a member of the hapless Oakland Raiders.

There is no point in negotiating, or bartering. I would veto the Murray trade since it makes zero sense - the dude has Rodgers and Murray, which would be downgrade to Bradshaw.

If this cannot be done, just give people their money back and get the hell outta there. Lots of leagues, and lots of fantasy to be played. Fantasy where you are kicking yourself for starting the wrong player is infinitely better than fantasy where people are kicking you for their money. Good luck buddy.

Agree. I was not even halfway through reading the problems when I said to myself "they ought to just fold." And you guys are friends.

I don't have a big issue with any of the trades...except the trade between brothers where he is admitting his is running the other team...As the commish you should take over that team...and just set a lineup for that team each week...no trades or WW....I see no reason really ever to veto a trade...unless it Peyton Manning for kicker...something just stupid...but Dez for Garcon, Spiller and Crabtree is a fair trade. One could argue that at week 3 of the season the team getting Crabtree and Garcon and Spiller got the better deal...

Here is the thing as Commish...You cannot determine how one owner values a player....You cannot determine what a owner thinks they need for their team. Its not your job. Your job is to make sure the league is ran properly and everyone follows the rules yall have set. Do you have a rule that all trades are to be fair. If so who determines that? I hate a league veto because some owners will veto because they didn't get a player that was traded. If there is no rule about fair trades, and there shouldn't be then you at veto a trade....

again I would send a message to all owners saying you are gonna take over that one team and tell everyone why and if they don't agree give them their money back.

I read and commented on your thread regarding that whole Eli / Ben / brother debacle. Sorry to be blunt but it sounds like you are the commish of a league full of idiots. I see no issue at all with the Dez trade. I agree the Murray trade makes no sense but as others have said if you can't prove collusion then you can't block the trade. If I were you I would finish this season out, and then wash your hands of this mess. These guys sound like more of a pain than they are worth.

What a cluster. I agree, the first Murray trade seems fine to me, different people value the same players differently. However, the threats from the one brother would piss me off and infuriate me as far as running both teams, which is NONSENSE. And yeah, the team that received Wilson in the 2nd trade seems like he was colluding with the other since two QBs are a waste, and his reaction seems very defensive, like he knows he's full of crap.

I would hit the reset button on this season and give everyone their money back, HOWEVER if you decide to try again next year I would definitely include a clause stating certain trades, colluding, or controlling another person's team (regardless of relations) will not be tolerated and that their money will be forfeit, etc

To me the brother trade is total collusion, and should be addressed. Especially with the trade back BS. As far as the other trades go, unless collusion is present, you should let them go. The veto should only be used for the stopping of cheating.

I would also run from this league as fast as you can