[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julio Jones for G. Tate?

MikeFL25

Would you make this trade as a Julio owner? A straight-up trade Julio for Tate? We are stitting at the halfway mark of the season, I am 7-1 and in first place of my league. My QB, RBs and TEs have been spectacular, Gostkowski is one of the best kickers in the league and the Lion's defense (except for this week) doesn't disappoint.

I have a lot of talent at WR but Julio has been really inconsistent this year. Alshon and Julio are in the same boat...tied to an unstable offense with a QB who just isn't making the plays, but Alshon has been more consistent. I could never get a trade for Green right now as he has only played in 3 games this year. It looks like he will play this week and hopefully can stay healthy down the stretch.

Julio still has big name value. Do I try to trade now, or stick with him and hope that his production rises?

Tate has been spectacular and has been the go to option for stafford, but with megatron coming back Tate takes a backseat to him...Tate will still get looks and be a viable starter but if you have the depth at wr you may wanna look at holding onto Julio as inconsistent as he's been behind that aweful o-line play in Atlanta..

Thanks guys, I think I will hold on to Julio in the event that he can bounce back despite the awful Falcon's o-line and a shaky Matty Ice.

I do have a trade offer I am considering, just came in this morning. The offer is:

I give: Julio Jones, Dwayne Allen

I receive: Maclin, Heath Miller

Would you take that trade?

I like it for two reasons...Allen is great but my #1 TE is Antonio Gates, he and Allen both have week 10 bye weeks. Miller plays on week 10, giving me a viable starter next week at TE. Maclin may not have the 25+ point games that a healthy explosive Julio might, but he seems to put up more consistent numbers this year.

Edited by MikeFL25

I wouldn't do it because you have to think, what are you really gaining? You have Gates, but you're only wanting Miller for the bye meaning you are counting on production for only one week from him. Maclin is good, but still not as good as Julio. Essentially the trade is Jones for Maclin in my eyes and I'd hold on to Jones.

At first glance it seems like you are giving too much, but you don't need Allen and Julio is a question mark because of Atlanta's struggles. Maclin has clearly been the eagles #1. If someone offered me that I would take it. Maclin is going to be more consistent because he plays in a much better offense. He already has 6 TDs to Julio's 3 even though he's had his bye already.

Edited by Finn5033

I wouldn't do it because you have to think, what are you really gaining? You have Gates, but you're only wanting Miller for the bye meaning you are counting on production for only one week from him. Maclin is good, but still not as good as Julio. Essentially the trade is Jones for Maclin in my eyes and I'd hold on to Jones.

At first glance it seems like you are giving too much, but you don't need Allen and Julio is a question mark because of Atlanta's struggles. Maclin has clearly been the eagles #1. If someone offered me that I would take it. Maclin is going to be more consistent because he plays in a much better offense. He already has 6 TDs to Julio's 3 even though he's had his bye already.

You both have very good points. Julio is by far the better playmaker and the better player overall, plus Matt Ryan tends to play his best football near the end of the season, so for that reason keeping Julio is a plus. On the other hand, Maclin has been far more consistent this year in fantasy football and does have more TD's than Julio, due to him playing in a better offense.

As far as the TE's go, I really only need Miller for week 10, I don't really see myself ever benching Gates after his bye. However, I don't just want to drop Allen, he is a great TE but I also don't know if I can get good value out of him in a 8-team league where pretty much everyone has a good TE.

Any other thoughts? I really appreciate the input!

I have Maclin in all 3 of my leagues. In one league I have Maclin and Julio so I watch their games a lot. I am going to keep playing Julio and hope that his production returns to usual levels but If I had to choose one to keep right now it would be Maclin

Edited by Finn5033

What you are asking to do is trade for Tate at his absolute highest value for JJ's lower/lowest value.. JJ is incredible don't let ATL and Matt Ryan's woes cloud who the better upside player is... Tate is definitely a talent and doing well now, he is not in the league of JJ.

Weather the storm for a couple more weeks for sure everyone takes a hit when Megatron is back and Detroit has been able to win with defense and allow him to come back near 100% for sure Tate will remain relevant but JJ on any given week is a game changer as well.

Consistency is nice but Atlanta's schedule lightens up a bit and Jones will be better. It seems like you are thinking about taking it because you want to solve the TE bye problem and Maclin being a bonus. Not saying you should drop Allen but maybe find someone who's TE is either struggling or not Allen good and trade for their TE straight up. That way you have a bye week fill. Or pick up a TE off waivers.