[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odell Beckham OR Jordan Matthews in trade

kwolf68

I am in negotiations that allows me to pick either Beckham or Matthews. Matthews was first offered me, I countered with Beckham which was accepted contingent on tonight (the player must get through game healthy).

I'd rather have Matthews IF he was #2, but he's behind Mac and freaking Cooper, who is ordinary at best. Still, they keep him in there sapping up possible targets.

Beckham is now in the starting lineup with Cruz done for the year.

The deal is multi-player and I would be sending out Golden Tate (I believe his production will slide back to normalcy when CJ comes back). I want to minimize how much I lose at receiver.

Thoughts? Who would you take?

Edited by kwolf68

It was done last night. I traded Lynch (and backup) and Golden Tate for Charles (and backup) and Beckham

I wasn't even looking to trade. The guy originally wanted Julio Jones. I had no interested in moving JJ. I said JJ and A.Brown are not available. He was like, "you'll trade Tate?" as if he was shocked. I said possible (I am thinking especially for Charles). I also said I wanted Beckam and not Matthews. He liked Beckham a lot and he was not happy he moved him, but we did the deal.

This owner is a GREAT owner. It seems every move he makes is the right one. But I couldn't find anything wrong with it from my side. YES, Tate has been a beast of late, but Megatron is due back and will absolutely slice into Tate's numbers. Charles is better than Lynch. If Beckham can get the 7-10 targets a game I suspect he will be getting he has a real chance to in the least match Tate down the stretch. Also, because I am 9-0 right now I am looking good for playoffs so I looked ahead to week 15 and 16 (our playoff weeks) and Charles has Oakland and Pittsburgh versus Lynch having 49ers and Cardinals. My other RBs (the Denver guys, Giants guys) are a bit spotty, but I feel safe with Hillman as RB-2.

I just don't know why this other owner was so hot for Tate and was willing to package a deal involving Charles.

He did jerlane. We swung that deal while the game was going on (after his long catch even). I wonder if we'd have closed this trade after the game. With 10 targets Beckham flirts with WR-2 status I think. I hope I got a steal with this kid. He's sitting this week against the Legion of Boom, but he may be in soon after.