[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AJ Green Or Julio Jones going forward?

rahyde88

Who would you rather have going forward and especially for the fantasy playoffs? 1/2 point PPR. I am thinking about making a trade for a RB and possibly including a swap of Julio for Green in the trade. Trying to set myself up for the stretch run. Here is my team:

Yahoo! 10 Team, 0.5 PPR League, 6 point pass TD's, 1 keeper per year with forfeiture of corresponding round draft pick.

QB- Stafford, Cutler, Tanehill

RB- Foster, Hillman, McKinnon, Ball, Matthews, Dixon, Brown, Sims

WR- D. Thomas, Julio Jones, Garçon, Evans

TE- Reed

Starting Positions 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 1D, 1K

Record 7-2 2nd Place (6 teams make playoffs, 1&2 get bye week)

With all the offensive line issues with the Falcons this year, if swapping Julio for Green improves your rb situation, I'd do it. It just really depends on what else you get back with Green.

Would really like some thoughts on mine:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/430897-need-to-trade-gronk-to-save-my-season/

You're taking a gamble either way. I have both and they both come with their fare share of strings attached. Julio is amazing, but the Falcon's offense has really struggled this season. Julio is often in double-coverage and when he isn't, Matt Ryan is under pressure and the o-line is collapsing, so Julio's production has suffered as a result.

The Bengals have basically come out and said that Green's toe issue is going to be one that lingers for the rest of the season. How that will affect his performance...who knows. But Green has only played in 4 out of the Bengals' 8 games so far this season. He might put up solid points when he plays, but its possible he will continue to miss a game here or there if he re-aggravates his toe in practice. And with Sanu playing at a very high level with or without Green, I think the Bengals will ere on the side of caution and bench him in those scenarios where his readiness is questionable.

For what its worth, I would stick with Julio. He may be less productive because of the Falcon's offensive issues, but ATL has a very easy stretch to end the season with favorable matchups for Julio, Matt Ryan might be bad one week but throw for 5 TDs the next, you never know. At least Julio is healthy (for now).