[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need advice...what to do at TE?

MikeFL25

My team (8-1, first place in league, standard scoring) is in my sig, with the following exceptions:

I dropped McKinnon and added Cam Newton for this week's game and I dropped Doug Baldwin for a kicker. The only open slot left is at TE, both Gates and Allen are out. Here's the dilemma I am in, I would appreciate advice.

I don't want to just drop Allen, he is a good TE and some weeks I start him over Gates if the matchup is favorable. The TE WW is pretty barren with not much talent, so I don't want to drop him as someone else will surely scoop him up. I sent out a trade offer to the second-place team in our league, Allen for Olson. He initially said yes, then realized I have 5 players out on bye, and then said no, because he wants me to lose. I can't really blame him, but it still sucks lol.

The challenge is not so much what to do for this weekend, but not wanting to gimp my team for the playoff fun by having to sacrifice players on a tough bye week. I have already had to drop two players and will need to replace them next week after all the byes.

Now I'm left with four options, as I see it.

1. I can trade Allen to someone for less than his value and get someone like Daniels, who won't be needed after this week and I'll likely drop next Wednesday.

2. I can try to trade Allen for someone like Bennett or Graham, but that would be stretching Allen's value, and those teams would be far less likely to accept the trade.

3. I can get creative (desperate?), and offer to trade Gates, who is ranked as the #2 TE in the league right now. This would allow me to trade for every other TE, but then I lose Gates as a weekly starter for the remainder of the season.

4. I can just stay put with my TEs, play the long game, leave the TE slot blank and hope for the best.

What would your advice be? Sorry for the long post, but your input is greatly appreciated!

Edited by MikeFL25

I hate having to give up talent (either waivers, or trades) to just get through one week, it's maddening. I would try and trade one of them for another decent TE who can play, but failing that I would just keep both and suck it up this week

• Like 1

After checking with all the owners, I only have one option for a trade. Trade Allen and receive Bennett. I personally think Allen is going to have a better ROS than Bennett, especially with Luck looking to him as the #1 option in the red zone. Bennett is a great TE and he will improve if Chicago's offense can get back in sync. There's no guarantee that the owner would accept the trade, he said he would consider it.

I have another standing offer from a 3-5 team in my league, I would receive Witten/Daniels + Matt Ryan but I would have to trade Allen + one of my RBs. I'm not taking that trade because I don't need Ryan after this week and I would be giving away Allen AND a RB. Not really in the cards for me.

So should I go for Bennett? If not, should I just keep my TE slot open and hope for the best?

Edited by MikeFL25

If you think you can win without a TE I would just go without. I am 8-1 in one of my leagues as well. I have been jockying Miller, Ertz, and Wright in and out of TE spot all season. Point being with the number of weeks I've gotten either a 0 or 1 pt from my TE spot I basically have been playing without a TE all year.

• Like 1

The team I'm facing also has bye week players, but is actually projected to win by 3 points right now. Their team:

QB: Kaepernick

RB: Forte, Jennings

WR: D. Thomas, Hilton

TE: Graham

Flex: Miller

K: Dawson

D: Broncos

Bench: Romo, Morris, Stacy, Vereen, Djax, A. Johnson

As of right now, he is starting a benched player (Hilton) as a WR2, and his other WRs are on bye, so he will have to drop a player to add a WR that can play this week. He might also adopt a strategy of just staying put and hoping for the best with 1 open slot.

So would you try for Bennett, or just say eff it and go without a TE?

I'm sure you understand that those projections mean nothing. Zach Ertz has been projected for 10-11 pts every week in my league and never come close to getting that. NFL.com uses madden simulations for their projections.

Can you afford to take a loss? If you can't you better do something. If you can than I would stick with what you have

Edited by Finn5033

Yeah the projections are never something I take very seriously. I think as long as he is also starting a bye week player, I might as well stay put. I will inquire further about the Bennett trade, but if its not meant to be then so be it. I really don't want to drop any more players because of a bye week.

I am in the #1 spot right now at 8-1, but the #2 team is 7-2 and most likely going to win. 3rd place is 6-3. So there's really not much of a gap between me and second place.

So a loss wouldn't kill me, I would likely still be in 1st place but the 2nd place team is probably going to win this week, resulting in a tie for first with both our teams being 8-2.

So whats the best plan here? Try to make a trade for Bennett, or keep Allen, have an open spot on the lineup this week and hope for the best?