[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Ball for Gore (I also have Hillman)

ball also said he's lost 12 pounds, and felt much more elusive in practice today. Hillman's been getting banged up lately, and I'm really not sure how Gore will pan out. If San Fran make the playoffs, I'd expect a lesser workload for Gore heading to the playoffs.

I actually just picked up Ball myself, and hoping the lighter bodyweight will work out like it did for LeVeon.

I hate having handcuffs. Is Ball definitely a handcuff? Or is there a chance he reclaims the starting spot sometime this year?

Once he is deemed to be 100% again, he will definitely see playing time. However, will he do enough to warrant being a starter? I doubt it. Hillman will continue to get the vast majority of touches, the Broncos will very likely bring in Ball as a 3rd down or change of pace back for a few snaps before putting Hillman back out on the field. Ball is a better blocker so on passing plays he might see a few targets go his way, but Hillman is still the definitive #1 in Denver.

Edited by MikeFL25

Hillman is not the definitive #1....ball saying that means absolutely nothing. Lots of players say things like this, it's just in respect to his teammate. But it's all up to the coaches and how they want to use him

Ball is tier pass protection, goal line and between the tackles runner. He is NOT the change of pace back. That is hillmans job. Ball will see more playing time I think the question is how many touches

Manning throws just as much as any nfl team. Their pass protection rb and consistent runner will be in there the most. Not just as fumble and injury prone small change of pace back...aka Ronnie hillman

I think on the right team and situation you can easily drop ball. I have forte/Murray so I don't really need multiple other backs. So I'm deciding between ball(possible starter or bust) sims( also possible starter or bust) and Sankey who just has not done anything really in his playing time. But at least the starter.

I love picturing ball coming back and at least splitting time with hillman, but it's not just up to how ball or hillman performs now. It relies more I think on their situation during games who they want to use

Hillman is not the definitive #1....ball saying that means absolutely nothing. Lots of players say things like this, it's just in respect to his teammate. But it's all up to the coaches and how they want to use him

Ball is tier pass protection, goal line and between the tackles runner. He is NOT the change of pace back. That is hillmans job. Ball will see more playing time I think the question is how many touches

Manning throws just as much as any nfl team. Their pass protection rb and consistent runner will be in there the most. Not just as fumble and injury prone small change of pace back...aka Ronnie hillman

Hillman looks like nothing more than a slower Bobby Rainey to me... Dont see how people think hes that good hes small shifty and caught some big holes..

I dont want to keep going on about Monte Ball but I just traded Jerrod McKinnon for him for a reason..

The kid looked MUCH better than Moreno did last year in Denver.. the only problem last year was he couldnt hold on to the ball..

He was a stud at wisconsin and will be fine here moving forward. It's safe to say Hillman knows its his starting job right now but we all know Ball is in for Pass protection and no more Thompson or Hillman near Goal line

Ball did not look much better than Moreno last year. Ontop of fumbling issues, Moreno was also a much better pass protection rb. Ball was a liability in that area last year, but made it a purpose to significantly improve that this year. He knows now the only way to get on the field is to play it safe and protect manning

Hillman looks like nothing more than a slower Bobby Rainey to me... Dont see how people think hes that good hes small shifty and caught some big holes..

I dont want to keep going on about Monte Ball but I just traded Jerrod McKinnon for him for a reason..

The kid looked MUCH better than Moreno did last year in Denver.. the only problem last year was he couldnt hold on to the ball..

He was a stud at wisconsin and will be fine here moving forward. It's safe to say Hillman knows its his starting job right now but we all know Ball is in for Pass protection and no more Thompson or Hillman near Goal line

I'd really like to know what you are smoking. Must be some good stuff

• Like 1