[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roddy White and Josh Gordon - ROS

stonychavez

I dropped Rueben Randle and Cordarelle Patterson this week to stash Gordon and grab Roddy.

My other WRs are Brandon Marshal and Brandon LaFell. I know I made the right choice, or at least I hope, but do you think both Brandon's and Gordon can all 3 be legitimate WR1s the rest of the year?

Also, I have a feeling Roddy has the potential to come back and be a high upside WR2 ROS, is this likely?

Roddy is going against a Bucs defense that is begging to have big plays scored against it, so he's definitely a receiver you should start this week. In terms of ROS, that's a tough call. Gordon was pretty much the best fantasy WR last year in many formats, but that doesn't mean it will translate to this season. He's definitely worth the add just based on the possibility that he might return in a big way.

Roddy has been rather disappointing all season, but the Falcons enjoy some good matchups in the second half of the season, which is good news for Julio and Roddy.

If nothing else, I think you made the right choice to add those players. How much they will pay off...who knows, but its definitely worth investing in them just to see what happens.

Edited by MikeFL25

would you trade away roddy white to acquire josh gordon? i am really only concerned with weeks 14, 15 and 16...

Yeah I probably would. I have Roddy in my work league, he is alright and scores good points against the Bucs, but he has been very inconsistent and generally takes the back seat behind Julio, and that's when the Falcons actually manage to throw the ball. Gordon is going to have better matchups in those weeks also. If it was my team, I would probably do it because it seems like a risk worth taking.

Most people that added Gordon got him after they had drafted a starting WR corps. So barring injury he will be starting in the WR3/flex spot which is a great added bonus. Granted he is an unknown for this season but I feel certain he will give you numbers that will surpass the position he will take in your lineup even with what would be considered a modest performance judging by Gordon's standards. I have Nelson, Sanu as starters with T Bryant rotating flex with some marginal RB's based on matchups so I am expecting Gordon to be a great complement at the very least which will give me a nice showing down the home stretch.