[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mark Sanchez ROS

LosGatosEnFuegos

Wanted to get people's feelings on Sanchez moving foward.

I was happy with his performance Monday night. Could have had a better game if the DST hadn't scored two TDs or if that catch at the 1 was a half yard longer. But he also flashed a couple mistakes and a lower completion percentage than I'd like. He had success over the middle but very little on the outside and wasn't really asked to throw anything deep.

Schedule is middling the rest of the way. Nothing too scary but nothing as easy as the Panthers again.

Personally, I lost Foles and now Palmer. I'm looking into a trade for Romo because I don't want to hitch my season to this guy's wagon. I don't have the confidence that he can be an every week starter. Good so far, but I think I'd need 2 or 3 more solid weeks to really trust him.

System will make him starter caliber for fantasy squads

Whoa Nellie...

If all it took were a system than Oakland would be undefeated. All teams have a system. There are so many other variables in play. Granted, Kelly's system can be prolific but it's the talent within that makes it click. I want to see Sanchez demonstrate his own level of talent for more than one game. A game was not even close to competitive. Carolina looks horrible. That wasn't a real test.

ROS. The Eagles have a Dal/Sea/Dal run. There's a good chance that Sanchez and the system goes 1-2 for those games. You have to go wait and see with Sanchez. Depending on the deal, I'd much rather have Romo.

Whoa Nellie...

If all it took were a system than Oakland would be undefeated. All teams have a system. There are so many other variables in play. Granted, Kelly's system can be prolific but it's the talent within that makes it click. I want to see Sanchez demonstrate his own level of talent for more than one game. A game was not even close to competitive. Carolina looks horrible. That wasn't a real test.

ROS. The Eagles have a Dal/Sea/Dal run. There's a good chance that Sanchez and the system goes 1-2 for those games. You have to go wait and see with Sanchez. Depending on the deal, I'd much rather have Romo.

:lol: Funny this is coming from a Jets fan. :)

While I agree with the basic premise of your post (it does take talent along with opportunity/system), you must admit that Sanchez, when given opportunity AND talent, was actually halfway decent.

He was not given the tools with which to properly work/flourish for NYJ. And not surprisingly, he spiraled downward and ended up being the "butt" of many jokes (pun totally intended).

His tenure here with the Eagles will be a different story. He's surrounded by talent.

So what if the team goes 1-2 against SEA/DAL? Are we talking fantasy football here or general NFL? He could easily average 250-275 yards and 2 TDs in those games... which, to me, looks like QB1 numbers.

:shrug:

• Like 5

So what if the team goes 1-2 against SEA/DAL? Are we talking fantasy football here or general NFL? He could easily average 250-275 yards and 2 TDs in those games... which, to me, looks like QB1 numbers.

+1

:lol: Funny this is coming from a Jets fan. :)

While I agree with the basic premise of your post (it does take talent along with opportunity/system), you must admit that Sanchez, when given opportunity AND talent, was actually halfway decent.

He was not given the tools with which to properly work/flourish for NYJ. And not surprisingly, he spiraled downward and ended up being the "butt" of many jokes (pun totally intended).

His tenure here with the Eagles will be a different story. He's surrounded by talent.

Yes...we Jets have been programmed to hope for the worst and still be disappointed. I agree NFL win and losses don't correlate to FF. But let's just see how Sanchez holds up, and produces QB1 #s, against some real competition. Hopefully, the curse of the perpetual turnover hasn't followed him from Rexville.

He might put up QB1 numbers fantasy-wise the rest of the season but I sure hope he utilizes Maclin more.

I forget where I read it but I read that it was game plan specific to go after the Panthers from the slot. Hence the big games from Matthews and Celek.
  • Like 2

I forget where I read it but I read that it was game plan specific to go after the Panthers from the slot. Hence the big games from Matthews and Celek.

Yeah, this whole "Matthews is going to be a huge stud moving forward... because he and Sanchez worked together on the 2nd team" thing is a little off.

I like Matthews long term but Maclin is still a mega stud.

Yeah, this whole "Matthews is going to be a huge stud moving forward... because he and Sanchez worked together on the 2nd team" thing is a little off.

I like Matthews long term but Maclin is still a mega stud.

I would sell high on Matthews now. .. even if I am a week early. ..

After a few weeks of practice I expect Sanchez to have better timing with the other wideouts....

The one I elect to stay a prime target though is Celek....

Matthews and Celek are his comfort zone right now but expect that to open up in the coming weeks

Whoa Nellie...

You can't seriously be comparing the train-wreck that is Oakland to the precision well-oiled machine that Kelly's system is. Philly runs a ton more plays based on their tempo, so just that alone means 20-30% more potential points. Even if the guy is a 20 PPG donkey, he's got 24-25 PPG potential just based on his uniform.

• Like 1

You can't seriously be comparing the train-wreck that is Oakland to the precision well-oiled machine that Kelly's system is. Philly runs a ton more plays based on their tempo, so just that alone means 20-30% more potential points. Even if the guy is a 20 PPG donkey, he's got 24-25 PPG potential just based on his uniform.

I was using Oakland as an extreme example with a touch of sarcasm. I thought most people would not take it literally. No it wasn't a direct comparison. BUT my point was a system alone is not enough. I am just surprised that Sanchez has been anointed after only one game against poor competition, The OP was ROS and I haven't seen enough to say he will produce weekly QB1 #'s. Realistically, Foles was not consistent in that well-oiled machine either.

I did not have enough $$ to snag him in FA, but fully expected him to take over the offense without a hiccup.

Think about how demoralizing it must have been in NY, compared to his situation now.

Do I think he can lead this team to a Superbowl win? Probably not. I still think he is capable of chitting the bed under the right circumstances. But would I trust him going forward as my starting QB for my fantasy team? Absolutely hell yes. There is a lot less pressure plugging someone into a working system, rather than having him try to salvage a non-working system. This is yet another indictment of the New York football Jest.

• Like 1

fwiw, in 2011 Sanchez finished as QB10 http://football99.my...Y=points&TEAM=*

feel free to scroll down and see who he had on offense and compare that to what he has in Philly now: http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/statistics?season=2011&team=NYJ&seasonType=

Edited by keggerz
  • Like 1

That's great and all but I'd sure appreciate it if NFL coaches took the impact on my fantasy football players into consideration before stategizing to win games. :glare:

• Like 1

That's great and all but I'd sure appreciate it if NFL coaches took the impact on my fantasy football players into consideration before stategizing to win games. :glare:

they actually strategize against my fantasy teams....watch Ball go off this week because I only have him on 2 teams instead of 4 this week

• Like 2

300 yds. 2-3 TDs. 1-2 INTs. That's what I'd expect weekly on average ROS. You decide what that's worth.

It's a testament to the system, more than to Sanchez. Though I thought he looked very solid on Minday

I think he could have been even better. .. he started off very shaky and has yet to hit his stride until he is able to hit Maclin and not rely on players he has practiced with extensively over the course of the season

^ Agreed

One other thing to consider:

I would imagine that over the next few games, if a game does get out of hand in the 4th quarter (in either direction), the Eagles will not step off the gas like they might do with Foles - they will want to get Sanchez as much live game reps as possible, even if the game is no longer in doubt. We saw it on Monday, as they were still in their full offense after the game was long over.

Edited by nelsosi