[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it time to let Vernon Davis go?

Trevor_Martin14

Ever since I've moved Vernon Davis to the bench and started Dwayne Allen back in week 2, I haven't looked back since. I'm thinking it's time to drop Davis, or even trade. I honestly don't think anyone will want him in a trade.

Do you think I should hold it out with Davis and hope for him to rack up yards and TD's, or try to snag a WR off of FA? I'm in need of a decent WR or RB for a flex spot or starting WR.

I'm already planning to pick up Roddy White from waiver wire when that becomes available tomorrow, and if it follows through, i'm hoping for a good run heading into the postseason.

WR's in Free Agency:

Roddy White

Andre Holmes

Taylor Gabriel

Dwayne Bowe

Kenny Stills

Travis Benjamin

Javaris Landry

Cecil Shorts

Preston Parker

RB's in Free Agency:

Ben Tate

Benny Cunningham

Isaiah Crowell

Roy Helu

Jonathan Stewart

Pierre Thomas

Khiry Robinson

C.J. Anderson

I'd definitely drop him. His disappointment this year directly comes from kaepernick struggling. If your in need of a decent wr or rb, drop him. Roddy white would be a good pick up as he has had a good past couple of weeks. CJ Anderson at rb would be decent as well at least for this week with hillman out and Ball coming back from an injury, Anderson should get a bulk of the workload and he is definitely a goal line back because of his size.i like him this week.

• 2 weeks later...

The red zone offense is ranked 31st in the NFL. I've noticed that TE Vernon Davis has one target in the red zone this season, it was a touchdown. He had eight touchdowns in the red zone last season. Why hasn't he been more involved in the red zone this season?

"We want that. We want him involved."

Why has he only had one target this year? It was the first trip to the red zone in the first game of the season. He hasn't had one since. Is there a reason?

"No."

lol what??????

You can't trust whatever comes out of Harbaugh's mouth when it comes to things like this, and I'd rather go with the actual playing and game tendencies than a comment pulled out by a reporter.

I agree with byroz. I cant believe you're still holding onto him. Its purely because of who he used to be. I picked McCoy my first round pick and traded him five weeks later. Cant be too tied to players because of how they used to play... Pick up White if you need a WR that can immediately start. If you need a high end RB2 pick up Anderson. Crowell is good as well I just haven't kept an eye on him as much as Anderson.

Edited by Wolfskin17