[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is a dependable kicker worth keeping on roster?

ford91

I keep them late in the year for the playoffs especially good ones that play in domes on teams that move the ball well like Dallas does, I even grab two kickers for playoff time for options if rosters get locked.. but our scoring also hurt misses so I avoid those bad weather games, its not so much the norm to keep two kickers but sometimes when two good teams collide you're squeezing out every last point having someone that averages nearly 10pts at the kickers spot is a gem and one less thing to worry about.

If you have gostowski, do not drop him. You'd be surprised how much a dependable double digit consitent kicker makes a difference. Sometimes its the differnce between winning and losing, it was for me twice this year. And im not making the mistake again! I have Vinatieri and i had dropped him for baily from dallas and the wrrkwi did, bailey put up 8 and Vinatieri put up 19, rhe difference in the game for me as everyone else on my team was solid that week. I got lucky and picked Vinatieri back up before anyone scooped him and dropped bailey for good.

yep you'd be surprised how many times it's come down to those kicker points.. I was lucky enough to get Vinatieri because someone dropped him for the bye week.. top kicker late in the year = gold, beginning of the year when you draft you don't know where they'll be most of the time but getting someone late or hitting on one at the draft can be pretty powerful.