[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

3 hours ago, Forgot My Name said:

Win and I'm in.

Need some help.

RB2 - Gore or Booker ?  (If DJ stays on IR)

2 WR - Juju, Cooks, Boyd, Landry, MVS, Lazard, Watkins ?

FLEX - Gore, Booker, Juju, Cooks, Boyd, Landry, MVS, Lazard, Watkins ?

lineup.jpg

backup.jpg

Pretty straight forward choices for me. 

RB2- Gore

2 WRs- Cooks and Landry

Flex- Juju

GL

2 hours ago, Red Storm said:

Thinking ahead to the playoffs, which one of these is a better stash:

Akers or Higgins?

I have Higgins, but will probably never play him with Burrows going out going forward.  Would Akers be the grab to see if they pull the wheels off and see what he can do?

Depends on what your other options at RB and WR are.  To me, Higgins has more value. 

53 minutes ago, irish said:

Having Cousins was a great move, I think he performs even better then Brees when he returns. I'd prefer to have the combo of Cousins and Goff. Then drop AB or Hill for Snell. 

Okay, let’s look at this another way. Snell will most likely be a one week rental. Currently CMC is in my IR spot, meaning I will have to drop one of my guys to active him. Who would you drop?

QB Taysom Hill, Cousins

RB CMC, Sanders, Swift, Gore, Edmonds

WR Hopkins, Claypool, AB, Tee Higgins, Curtis Samuel

TE Fant, Goedert

K Lutz

DST Pit

2 hours ago, Smau said:

In a PPR league and I need to fill an RB and a Flex spot.  I was planning on playing both Murray and Kamara just as an insurance measure (my RB1 is likely Mostert, since he's the one I feel most confident will hit 15+).  I figure combined, they're probably good for 25+, but one their own, it's a dice roll boom or bust.  I could stick Corey Davis in place of one of them for the FLEX for a "safe" 10 from Davis with limited upside, but I imagine what will happen is I pick the wrong NO RB and end up with 7 from whichever NO RB I pick, because just do to the laws of FF, I'll pick the dud with the guy I bench going off.  The extra few points is not worth the chance of missing out on the guy who gets the points.

I was able to nab Booker off waivers, so obviously things get more complex if Jacobs ends up being out, because I'll have two guys (Mostert and Booker) who are probably ~15 points so he'd likely beat out one of NO RB.  Start Booker if Jacobs is out?  I think that gives me a higher ceiling at the risk of a lower floor.  But then I'd need to choose between Murray and Kamara.  Last time NO played Atlanta (two weeks ago, also under Taysom), each guy put up exactly 10.5, and given the injury Kamara is nursing and Murray's recent success (albeit in effectively an entire game of garbage time against a basically QB-less Denver), I'm actually slightly leaning Murray??  But I'd feel wrong benching Kamara...  So wrong...  For an RB2 and two RB3's no less...

Thanks for any input Irish!

I'm sorry if I'm wrong but you have to start Kamara with Mostert. Then if Jacobs is out, you can play Booker.  Otherwise, Corey Davis is your flex. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, irish said:

I'm sorry if I'm wrong but you have to start Kamara with Mostert. Then if Jacobs is out, you can play Booker.  Otherwise, Corey Davis is your flex. 

Honestly, you're probably right.  I don't see it being as lopsided as it was last game where the entire game was basically garbage time and they were trying to avoid wear and tear on Kamara

If Kamara returns to his former production and Murray has a meh game, I'd never forgive myself if I played Murray, but I can live with myself benching Murray if I play Kamara and Murray has the better game.  Need to not overreact to a game or two haha.

Also, FWIW, Gruden just announced Booker is playing, so into the FLEX he goes.

Thanks so much for the input Irish

Edited by Smau

2 hours ago, JTBF81 said:

Hi Irish,

I made the playoffs at 9-3 in my 10 team, .5 ppr, so thank you for the advice throughout the season! If you have any suggestions or recommendations to my line up for week one of the 2 week semis, it'd be much appreciated! League starts 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex(RB/WR/TE), 1TE, D/ST, K. Starters are in bold:

QB-Murray, Carr(waiver options BenR, Cousins, Tannehill, Fitz)

RB-Cook, Ekeler, David Johnson, Hunt, Edmonds

WR-Adams, Metcalf, Ridley

Flex-Jefferson

TE--Goedert, Ebron

D/ST-Miami, Indy(could grab Rams off waivers)

K-Koo

Thanks for any advice as always!

I like Cousins more then Carr but you'll be starting Murray every week anyhow. I'd also drop the Colts for the Rams. 

1 hour ago, babe3927 said:

Who should I pick up?

Ito Smith or Brian Hill? .5pt PPR

I know Hill is supposedly the #2 in Atl but Smith just looks better.

I am desperate and will need to start one of them. All my RBs are on bye this week.

Are Snell, Booker, Akers or Pollard available. I like all of them better than Hill or Smith. If you only have those 2 options, I'd probably roll with Hill. 

1 hour ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Okay, let’s look at this another way. Snell will most likely be a one week rental. Currently CMC is in my IR spot, meaning I will have to drop one of my guys to active him. Who would you drop?

QB Taysom Hill, Cousins

RB CMC, Sanders, Swift, Gore, Edmonds

WR Hopkins, Claypool, AB, Tee Higgins, Curtis Samuel

TE Fant, Goedert

K Lutz

DST Pit

With cousins in tow, thoughts about dropping Hill for Snell then?

1 hour ago, JimKW said:

Russell Wilson vs Giants or Aaron Rodgers vs Eagles? Tough choice, but neither is wrong. Just a dilemma. 

I'd give the slight edge to Wilson with the possibility of him adding more value with his legs. 

I am playing for the best spot in the playoffs, win and I get 1st seed and a bye, loose and I get 4th. 
I have great matchups, and I have great confidence in your advice, help me out to set the best lineup:

RB: Drake, Gibson, Montgomery and Booker 

WR: Hill, Jefferson, AJ, Lazard 

Need 2 wr, 2 rb and a flex

For TE I have Gesicki, probably will get in tomorrow´s ww Rudolph and Andrews on my reserve spot (I don’t have a clue on his status)

For Def I have GB but Vegas just got dropped to the ww

Thanks Irish for the input.

League is 0.5 ppr

Edited by mariguas
Add content

18 minutes ago, Smau said:

Honestly, you're probably right.  I don't see it being as lopsided as it was last game where the entire game was basically garbage time and they were trying to avoid wear and tear on Kamara

If Kamara returns to his former production and Murray has a meh game, I'd never forgive myself if I played Murray, but I can live with myself benching Murray if I play Kamara and Murray has the better game.  Need to not overreact to a game or two haha.

Also, FWIW, Gruden just announced Booker is playing, so into the FLEX he goes.

Thanks so much for the input Irish

My pleasure, GL, hope everything works out as planned. 

5 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Hmmmm. I’m still hoping Taysom will keep the job through week 16, and could turn out to be a league winner. Possibly?

Doubtful, being that the saints are playoff bound, they'll want Brees back under center and Hill back as the gadget guy and he'll need some tune up games. 

Edited by irish

Just now, irish said:

Doubtful, being that the saints are playoff bound, they'll want Brees back under center and he'll need some tune up games. 

Okay, so Taysom is definitely the starter for week 14 at the Eagles. You don’t think with his rushing upside he will a better play than Cousins or Goff that week?

8 minutes ago, mariguas said:

I am playing for the best spot in the playoffs, win and I get 1st seed and a bye, loose and I get 4th. 
I have great matchups, and I have great confidence in your advice, help me out to set the best lineup:

RB: Drake, Gibson, Montgomery and Booker 

WR: Hill, Jefferson, AJ, Lazard 

Need 2 wr, 2 rb and a flex

For TE I have Gesicki, probably will get in tomorrow´s ww Rudolph and Andrews on my reserve spot (I don’t have a clue on his status)

For Def I have GB but Vegas just got dropped to the ww

Thanks Irish for the input.

RBs - Gibson and Monty

WRs - Hill and Jefferson

Flex - AJ

TE - think I like Rudolph more than Gesicki 

Def - Packers 

GL

4 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Okay, so Taysom is definitely the starter for week 14 at the Eagles. You don’t think with his rushing upside he will a better play than Cousins or Goff that week?

If he starts, then yes.  If you'd rather drop AB, that's an option. You just might need AB when the games really matter.

1 minute ago, irish said:

If he starts, then yes.  If you'd rather drop AB, that's an option. You just might need AB when the games really matter.

Ugh!  Just when I thought AB was a flex play, at best, you tell me that!  Okay, well I certainly don’t need to pickup Snell and play him this week, just to drop him so CMC can play next week.  I technically don’t even need to win this week. I’m gonna think on it a bit. Any other thoughts I should consider?

Ayyyyyy hope all is well. You're 3/3 so far this year with your input on my team. Got a TE question for ya. 

Standard scoring. Need to pick up a TE from waivers for the week since jonnu won't be playing. Options are:

Burton @ HOU

Rudolph vs Jax

Akins vs IND

Firkster vs CLE

Hooper @ TEN

Thanks in advance!

Ugh!  Just when I thought AB was a flex play, at best, you tell me that!  Okay, well I certainly don’t need to pickup Snell and play him this week, just to drop him so CMC can play next week.  I technically don’t even need to win this week. I’m gonna think on it a bit. Any other thoughts I should consider?

If you don't need Snell, don't drop other players you could need in the future. Sitting tight is sometimes the best advice. 

11 minutes ago, Talbot902 said:

Ayyyyyy hope all is well. You're 3/3 so far this year with your input on my team. Got a TE question for ya. 

Standard scoring. Need to pick up a TE from waivers for the week since jonnu won't be playing. Options are:

Burton @ HOU

Rudolph vs Jax

Akins vs IND

Firkster vs CLE

Hooper @ TEN

Thanks in advance!

That's the way to do it, keep tabs!  😆 

For me, without question, you add and play Rudolph. 

GL

45 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

Which one SITS in .5 PPR?

Carson vs NYG (Hyde is playing)

Kamara at ATL

Booker vs NYJ

Ekeler vs NE (Ballage is questionable)

I'd bench Booker. 

4 minutes ago, irish said:

If you don't need Snell, don't drop other players you could need in the future. Sitting tight is sometimes the best advice. 

Okay, good advice because I think Snell is just a one week rental, and I can decide who to drop when CMC comes back. So, in that case, assuming Swift is out, who do I play this week in   a half ppr?

QB Taysom Hill or Cousins (leaning Hill)????

RB1 Sanders

RB2 Gore

WR1 Hopkins

WR2 Claypool

TE Fant or Goedert????

FLEX Edmonds, Tee Higgins, Fant, or Goedert????

K Lutz

DST Pit

Okay, good advice because I think Snell is just a one week rental, and I can decide who to drop when CMC comes back. So, in that case, assuming Swift is out, who do I play this week in   a half ppr?

QB Taysom Hill or Cousins (leaning Hill)????

RB1 Sanders

RB2 Gore

WR1 Hopkins

WR2 Claypool

TE Fant or Goedert????

FLEX Edmonds, Tee Higgins, Fant, or Goedert????

K Lutz

DST Pit

QB- Hill

TE- Goedert

Flex- Higgins

The rest as you have it.