[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

Irish!

Ugh!

I have been waiting on CMC to come back, and thought it would be next week.  I just read it could be week 8, or even later!

Geez!  Should I try to trade for Mike Davis?  The guy that has Davis really doesn't have any good RBs, so he might take David Johnson for him.

Should I offer him D.J. for Davis?  That would leave me with CMC/Mike Davis as my RB1, and some combination of Edmonds, Swift, Justin Jackson as my RB2.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Slim

Edited by slimgoodboogie

8 hours ago, JTBF81 said:

Hi Irish.

Thanks for your previous advice, as it has been helpful. In my 10 team, .5 ppr I'm at 4-1 but with some bye/injury issues this week. League runs 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 Flex(RB. WR. TE), 1D/ST, 1K

My lineup is this atm:

QB-Murray

RB-Hunt, Mattison

WR-Ridley, Diontae Johnson

Flex-Taylor

TE-Kittle

D/ST-Colts

K-Blankenship

Bench-Burrow, Cook, Kelley, Damien Harris, Ekeler(IR slot), Jefferson, Higgins, Metcalf. I was between Diontae or Jefferson for WR2 as the main issue. Also, someone dropped the Bills defense and Edmonds, with the Colts on a bye next week and the Bills facing the Jets, was thinking of possibly dropping Kelley and Harris for these 2? Anyway, thanks as always for any suggestions you have!

Yes, I'd add both the Bills and Edmonds. Definitely drop Harris and then either drop Kelley or Burrow. You could always get Burrow back or add any QB that'd be similar. 

Edited by irish

18 hours ago, irish said:

I'm flipping on QB

Watson

I'd be starting Woods first and foremost if Thomas is out. Then it's down to if Godwin plays. 

Thanks @irish

I am a fellow teacher too, 19th year teaching history.

Curious if you "buy" Joe Mixon as a buy low?

Would you trade Antonio Gibson, Devonte Parker, and Bell/Harris for him and Hunter Henry. Team that has mixon is weak at WR and RB, I am weak at everything, but could use a tight end.

7 hours ago, sabercats5441 said:

Hi Irish, Should I drop Deebo Samuel for Mike Williams or Brandon Cook ? Thanks

I see them all as pretty equal but rank them in this order - 

Williams

Cooks

Deebo

7 hours ago, mtraider27 said:

1 pt ppr 12 team keeper, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1 Def 1 Kicker

The guy that has M.Thomas has J. Taylor as his best RB hes starting AP this week and he has J. Jackson on the bench going forward he lost Chubb.  

Do I try and trade Henry straight up for Thomas 

heres my roster

A. Daulton

G. Minshew

D. Henry

M. Davis

R. Mostert

J. Robinson

A. Theilen

J. Smith Shuster

R. Woods

T. Kelce

D'Ernest Johnson (browns RB3) have a feeling Hunt gonna get hurt

N. Chubb

Not sure he will go for it but he's really hurting.  Just thinking Mostert and Robinson could be a starting duo while having Theilen and Thomas as 1A and 1B with Chubb back by playoff time.  Im 3-2 and playing him this week.  Obviously make the deal on Monday or Tuesday.  

What do you all think. 

It's a fair trade and i believe you might be better off making that deal as your depth at RB is better then WR. However, see if you can add a lower WR of your own to get RB depth back from him, a 2 for 2.  Sell the fact that Henry is worth more right now. 

6 hours ago, nyjets18 said:

Okay ya thats what I was thinking currently. What do you think of the trade offer I got? 

Diggs for cousins, fitzpatrick or Dalton? I'm leaning no and just running with Rodgers and Carr the rest of the season

Agreed, that's what I'd do. 

6 hours ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Irish!

Ugh!

I have been waiting on CMC to come back, and thought it would be next week.  I just read it could be week 8, or even later!

Geez!  Should I try to trade for Mike Davis?  The guy that has Davis really doesn't have any good RBs, so he might take David Johnson for him.

Should I offer him D.J. for Davis?  That would leave me with CMC/Mike Davis as my RB1, and some combination of Edmonds, Swift, Justin Jackson as my RB2.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Slim

You'd be making this trade to get a starting RB for 2 weeks and giving up a possible starter for the rest of the year and quite frankly, I'm not sure you really gain all that much over the next 2 weeks by adding Davis over platooning the rest of what you have. 

7 minutes ago, irish said:

You'd be making this trade to get a starting RB for 2 weeks and giving up a possible starter for the rest of the year and quite frankly, I'm not sure you really gain all that much over the next 2 weeks by adding Davis over platooning the rest of what you have. 

Irish, the voice of reason. 
Yes, thank you. 

3 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

Thanks @irish

I am a fellow teacher too, 19th year teaching history.

Curious if you "buy" Joe Mixon as a buy low?

Would you trade Antonio Gibson, Devonte Parker, and Bell/Harris for him and Hunter Henry. Team that has mixon is weak at WR and RB, I am weak at everything, but could use a tight end.

Nice, congrats on a nice career!  

Absolutely, Mixon is a top 10 RB.   

I think you're slightly overpaying by losing the depth giving up Harris (which would be my choice over Bell) but you'd be upgrading at RB with Mixon and getting a top flight TE in Henry from a middle of the pack WR. And finding other secondary WR options is easier than a solid TE. 

8 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Irish, the voice of reason. 
Yes, thank you. 

My pleasure, I find it always helps to be able to look at things with a fresh set of eyes. 

Also, when making trades always trust your gut and you'll know how you truly feel when you say that you'd be pissed if a trade didn't go through, versus, not really caring if it didn't. I remember feeling desperate to make deals I really liked, versus, not feeling rushed or caring as much if the deal got done because it wasn't as good for me. 

Edited by irish

10 minutes ago, irish said:

My pleasure, I find it always helps to be able to look at things with a fresh set of eyes. 

Also, when making trades always trust your gut and you'll know how you truly feel when you say that you'd be pissed if a trade didn't go through, versus, not really caring if it didn't. I remember feeling desperate to make deals I really liked, versus, not feeling rushed or caring as much if the deal got done because it wasn't as good for me. 

Well, when I started 3-0, I wasn’t really interested in trades. But now that I’m 3-2, I’m starting to feel desperate!  I lost Dak. Still down CMC. Godwin has been on my bench most of the season. I don’t know?!?

PPR two qb

Is this guy crazy or do I not know some news? 
I would receive Herbert and Keenan Allen and give up Bell

or I could stay out and see what happens

QB: Ryan

Dalton

Tannehill

RB: Elliot

Jacobs

CEH

J. Robinson

WR: Allen Robinson

Golladay

Crowder

AJ Brown

DJ Chark

Juedy

TE: Andrews

19 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Well, when I started 3-0, I wasn’t really interested in trades. But now that I’m 3-2, I’m starting to feel desperate!  I lost Dak. Still down CMC. Godwin has been on my bench most of the season. I don’t know?!?

FF can really suck sometimes, especially Covid FF!

1 hour ago, Huntman27 said:

PPR two qb

Is this guy crazy or do I not know some news? 
I would receive Herbert and Keenan Allen and give up Bell

or I could stay out and see what happens

QB: Ryan

Dalton

Tannehill

RB: Elliot

Jacobs

CEH

J. Robinson

WR: Allen Robinson

Golladay

Crowder

AJ Brown

DJ Chark

Juedy

TE: Andrews

This is a completely speculative trade from the other guy, both Herbert and Allen may have been expendable for him and he believes Bell will explode with Andy and the Chiefs as a receiving back.  The question is do you need Allen as he'd be possibly your 4th best WR.  Herbert would be an upgrade at QB for you though.  

9 hours ago, irish said:

FF can really suck sometimes, especially Covid FF!

Okay Irish, voice of reason, how about this?  Would you try to move CMC for an RB1, or perhaps a top tier TE if this was your team at 3-2?  Or, would you try to to stay afloat as is until CMC returns, not knowing if it could possibly be more of a timeshare with Davis when he gets back?

QB - Cam, Dalton

RB- CMC, David Johnson, Edmonds, Swift, Jackson

WR- Hopkins, Godwin, Claypool, Higgins, Shenault

TE- Fant, Shultz

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Slim

1 hour ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Okay Irish, voice of reason, how about this?  Would you try to move CMC for an RB1, or perhaps a top tier TE if this was your team at 3-2?  Or, would you try to to stay afloat as is until CMC returns, not knowing if it could possibly be more of a timeshare with Davis when he gets back?

QB - Cam, Dalton

RB- CMC, David Johnson, Edmonds, Swift, Jackson

WR- Hopkins, Godwin, Claypool, Higgins, Shenault

TE- Fant, Shultz

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Slim

If you could get Kamara or Aaron Jones, let's say, then maybe that's a deal you do. However, most likely, the owners of those backs would try to toy with you low balling because of CMC's current status and your desperation. 

I'd go to the fantasy grave waiting for CMC because when he comes back no one can touch his value. 

12 minutes ago, irish said:

If you could get Kamara or Aaron Jones, let's say, then maybe that's a deal you do. However, most likely, the owners of those backs would try to toy with you low balling because of CMC's current status and your desperation. 

I'd go to the fantasy grave waiting for CMC because when he comes back no one can touch his value. 

More wise words.

Thanks Irish!

0.5 ppr 10 man

He offered his MG3 Lindsay and Amari Cooper for my Deebo and DMont. Make that trade?

My RBs are Henry, Mixon, DMont, Bell, and Freeman

My WRs are Kupp, Diggs, Edelman, Hollywood, Deebo, Claypool

Make this trade?

Worried about Amari Cooper ROS, but i agree he an upgrade to my WR core

Good morning Irish! I was hurt by the Dak injury, and I have Herbert on a bye.

Who do you like more this weekend?

Cousins against the Falcons

Goff against the 49ers

Dalton against the Cardinals 

I added Goff and have him starting currently because I was hesitant to add Cousins since ATL had positive testing earlier this week. Dalton is a crapshoot in my opinion--he has the weapons and went 9/11 for 100+ yards against the Gmen, but I cannot talk myself in to him having a better game over the other 2. All of the help and opinions are appreciated. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Sol-King said:

0.5 ppr 10 man

He offered his MG3 Lindsay and Amari Cooper for my Deebo and DMont. Make that trade?

My RBs are Henry, Mixon, DMont, Bell, and Freeman

My WRs are Kupp, Diggs, Edelman, Hollywood, Deebo, Claypool

Make this trade?

Worried about Amari Cooper ROS, but i agree he an upgrade to my WR core

So you're getting a better RB (in MG3 and in the combo) and a better WR in Cooper?!  Where's the accept button, I'll press it for ya, lol!  Go get it done!

1 hour ago, slimgoodboogie said:

More wise words.

Thanks Irish!

My pleasure!

59 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Okay Irish, I have 2 TE questions.

1)  Currently have Fant and Shultz.  Assuming Fant plays, which one do you like this week?

2)  Jared Cook is available on the WW.  Do you like him ROS over Fant or Shultz?

Thanks!

Slim

I like cook more than Shultz, Fant the most. But for this week, cook is off and you'll probably need to start Shultz as Fant is banged up. 

1 hour ago, TnTitans17 said:

Good morning Irish! I was hurt by the Dak injury, and I have Herbert on a bye.

Who do you like more this weekend?

Cousins against the Falcons

Goff against the 49ers

Dalton against the Cardinals 

I added Goff and have him starting currently because I was hesitant to add Cousins since ATL had positive testing earlier this week. Dalton is a crapshoot in my opinion--he has the weapons and went 9/11 for 100+ yards against the Gmen, but I cannot talk myself in to him having a better game over the other 2. All of the help and opinions are appreciated. Thanks! 

Morning Titans, 

Really sucked about Dak and that injury was fuuuugly!

I would start Goff without hesitation, Dalton would be my 2nd option. 

Edited by irish

12 hours ago, irish said:

This is a completely speculative trade from the other guy, both Herbert and Allen may have been expendable for him and he believes Bell will explode with Andy and the Chiefs as a receiving back.  The question is do you need Allen as he'd be possibly your 4th best WR.  Herbert would be an upgrade at QB for you though.  

I rejected but now he countered with I give bell and receive Micheal Thomas

1 hour ago, Huntman27 said:

I rejected but now he countered with I give bell and receive Micheal Thomas

That's a deal you hit accept on ASAP!