[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

6 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Thank you Irish!

Appreciate you greatly!

No need for Snell, right?

Nope, my pleasure. 

JamaalWilliams or Chase Edmonds for week 14?

[My (final?) opponent in week 14 is far superior to me in every position that matters most.  He has RB 1, 4, 6, and 8.     Its a must win for me to make the post season.     Yeah. 

My strategy, for good or bad, is to play my studs and then clear the bench of stashes and 2nds and instead pickup the handcuffs to his top RB's.   Yes, I am hoping for some divine covid intervention in the next 8 days.    Its swinging for the fences, but it beats sitting idly by  ]

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

JamaalWilliams or Chase Edmonds for week 14?

[My (final?) opponent in week 14 is far superior to me in every position that matters most.  He has RB 1, 4, 6, and 8.     Its a must win for me to make the post season.     Yeah. 

My strategy, for good or bad, is to play my studs and then clear the bench of stashes and 2nds and instead pickup the handcuffs to his top RB's.   Yes, I am hoping for some divine covid intervention in the next 8 days.    Its swinging for the fences, but it beats sitting idly by  ]

I'd probably roll with Edmonds. In a sidenote, while maybe a decent strategy during covid times, don't rid yourself of possible key depth going into the playoff just to handcuff your opponent, cause you could screw yourself too. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, irish said:

I'd probably roll with Edmonds. In a sidenote, while maybe a decent strategy during covid times, don't rid yourself of possible key depth going into the playoff just to handcuff your opponent, cause you could screw yourself too. 

Thanks for the advice!

Having started the season 0-4 with a complete joke of a team, it'd be a nice accomplishment in my first year in this very competitive league to just make it to the playoffs.  Once I get there, I could probably play 3 extra guys from my bench and not beat either of the top 2 teams.  One guy has 3 games over 160, and just hit 198.    

So its 110% all in for week 14.   There's no regrets and no tomorrow after that.

Edited by FinishTheDrill
typo

Hey Irish!

Lamar Jackson related questions:

In League A it is the last regular season week and win and I'm in. Put faith in Jackson playing on Tuesday night or just keep my sanity and roll with Cousins in a good match up at home vs Jaguars?  Disclosure: I'm leaning heavily Cousins here.  

In League B this week is the first round of playoffs.  Lose and I'm out.  Do I wait on Lamar Jackson?  This time my Jackson alternatives aren't as enticing and they are all early games: 

P. Rivers @ Hou

T. Hill @ Atl

B. Mayfield @ Ten

And I know how partial you can be to Hill.  I used him last week and barely survived.  How do you think he'll fair in Atlanta?  Rivers has been acceptable the last month and has a decent matchup too.  And let's just remove Mayfield from the choices.

Afternoon Irish! 

Looking for Rb advice. If I win this week I should lock up the #1 seed heading into the playoffs, but this should be a close matchup. I'm starting Chubb for sure, but torn at the other Rb spot. Options are Kamara, Mostert, Taylor. I hate sitting Kamara but he's been super ineffective with Taysom at Qb. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Hey Irish!

Lamar Jackson related questions:

In League A it is the last regular season week and win and I'm in. Put faith in Jackson playing on Tuesday night or just keep my sanity and roll with Cousins in a good match up at home vs Jaguars?  Disclosure: I'm leaning heavily Cousins here.  

In League B this week is the first round of playoffs.  Lose and I'm out.  Do I wait on Lamar Jackson?  This time my Jackson alternatives aren't as enticing and they are all early games: 

P. Rivers @ Hou

T. Hill @ Atl

B. Mayfield @ Ten

And I know how partial you can be to Hill.  I used him last week and barely survived.  How do you think he'll fair in Atlanta?  Rivers has been acceptable the last month and has a decent matchup too.  And let's just remove Mayfield from the choices.

Jackson is the way I'd go, he should have a solid week (top 5).  I start him in both. 

1 hour ago, HahaDixonClints said:

Afternoon Irish! 

Looking for Rb advice. If I win this week I should lock up the #1 seed heading into the playoffs, but this should be a close matchup. I'm starting Chubb for sure, but torn at the other Rb spot. Options are Kamara, Mostert, Taylor. I hate sitting Kamara but he's been super ineffective with Taysom at Qb. Thoughts?

I'd still put Kamara out there. I think he's more productive this week in a tighter game. Mostert would be my 2nd option. 

Edited by irish

13 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

3-9 playing for Pride. FULL PPR.

Starters in bold, thoughts?

QB: Watson, Hill

RB: Gibson, Booker, Dobbins, Akers, White, Edmonds, Gallman

WR: Thomas, JUJU, Godwin, Aiyuk

TE: Engram

K: Lutz

D: Saints

That's exactly the way I'd go. 

27 minutes ago, irish said:

Jackson is the way I'd go, he should have a solid week (top 5).  I start him in both. 

If he plays.  How can you be so sure he will play? I have until just before 1 pm sunday to commit.  There probably won't be any assurance by that time that Jackson starts instead of McSorely.   

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If he plays.  How can you be so sure he will play? I have until just before 1 pm sunday to commit.  There probably won't be any assurance by that time that Jackson starts instead of McSorely.   

From what I've heard, I think he starts and I think we'll hear something more definitive by tomorrow. Besides, Cousins is a great fallback if you don't trust Jackson and Hill in the other league. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bonedaddies said:

Dare I sit Zeke this week for Gallman and Mostert?

Not in a must win, but close.  I know always start your studs, but Zeke has been killing me without Dak.

If I'm you, I'm playing Mostert and Zeke. I know he's been up and mostly down, but I wouldn't trot Gallman out there over him. 

5 minutes ago, RMS@1 said:

Big game if I win I get #2 seed and a bye

pick 3 1pt. PPR 

D Adam

Thielen

D Samuel

Ridley

M Thomas

T Lockett 

also would you pick up Booker and start over A Jones who has a tough matchup

thansk

Adams

Lockett

Ridley

Thielen would be the other one I'd consider over Ridley. 

And no way, I'd be playing Jones over Booker. 

Edited by irish

18 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

Cool. Thanks again and good luck rest of season.

Always my pleasure.  Thx, you too. 

Edited by irish

Evening Irish!

I’m in the playoffs which start next week in my league (weeks 14-16). Are you still of the opinion that I should roll with the Pittsburgh DST throughout?  The Seattle DST is available and has the Jets at home in week 14 while Pittsburgh DST is on the road against Buffalo.

Thoughts?

Current roster:

QB Taysom Hill, Cousins

RB CMC, Sanders, Swift, Gore, Edmonds

WR Hopkins, Claypool, AB, Tee Higgins, Curtis Samuel

TE Fant, Goedert

K Lutz

DST Pit

Thank you!

Slim

2 hours ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Evening Irish!

I’m in the playoffs which start next week in my league (weeks 14-16). Are you still of the opinion that I should roll with the Pittsburgh DST throughout?  The Seattle DST is available and has the Jets at home in week 14 while Pittsburgh DST is on the road against Buffalo.

Thoughts?

Current roster:

QB Taysom Hill, Cousins

RB CMC, Sanders, Swift, Gore, Edmonds

WR Hopkins, Claypool, AB, Tee Higgins, Curtis Samuel

TE Fant, Goedert

K Lutz

DST Pit

Thank you!

Slim

I do, I think you roll with Pitt throughout. I like them as the #1 defense regardless of matchup. 

2 minutes ago, slimgoodboogie said:

Alrighty, thank you for that. 

Also, do you still like Goedert over Fant, even with Ertz back this week?

Sure thing. 

I do still like Goedert more.