[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

12 minutes ago, The Fantasy Don said:

Hey @irish! Another season!!!

Best Flex option:

Julio Jones vs Arizona

Brandin Cooks vs JAX

Nyhim Hines vs Seattle

Also, in another league, I have Saquan but I figure that he will be limited.  I have Mostert in my flex.  Should I shift Mostert to RB2, bench Saquan, and install one of the following as a flex:

Tyler Lockett AT Colts

Jerry Jeudy AT Giants

Jakobi Myers vs Phins

Thanks and good luck this season!!!

Hey Fantasy Don! 

Welcome back!

I like Julio there. 

I'd play Lockett over Barkley with Mostert at RB2. 

GL!

Edited by irish
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

thanks. No way I would ride Singletary in both.  In fact, I'm likely keeping him on the bench this week. Shows you my level of confidence in him.  Wondering why Moss is a scratch.  I've got Moss on the bench in a couple of places.  I see some on other boards already assuming he's out of the picture in Buff.  LOL.  No.

Incredible how things can flip so quickly. I wouldn't blame ya for benching, just thought you might want to roll with him somewhere. 

Just now, irish said:

Incredible how things can flip so quickly. I wouldn't blame ya for benching, just thought you might want to roll with him somewhere. 

that's why I wanted your opinion. Josh Allen will likely have more rushing yards than Singletary.  But he's supposed to be a threat catching the ball.  When will we see this?  Still waiting. 

Just now, Dcat said:

that's why I wanted your opinion. Josh Allen will likely have more rushing yards than Singletary.  But he's supposed to be a threat catching the ball.  When will we see this?  Still waiting. 

True, anyone's guess. But without Moss today, Singletary has a nice opportunity at home, albeit against a tough Pitt team. He probably has about 75 total yards on 15-18 touches (3 rec) and scoring a TD is a coin flip with slightly more confidence in him not scoring. 

Just now, sabercats5441 said:

Happy Football season !! Irish will you start Austin Ekeler or Christ Carson or Robert Wood for PPR Flex. Thanks

Same to you Saber!

Toss up between Ekeler and Woods but I'm giving the edge to Ekeler, because if he's healthy enough and pays a full game, he's a top 5 RB play today. 

GL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

Hey Irish!  It's that time of year again!!

Full ppr with 5 point bonus @100 yyards rushing / receiving 

David Monty vs LaR

Aiyuk vs Detroit

Wazzup Montana!

I'm playing Monty without hesitation. 

1 minute ago, Montana is da Man said:

Thank you sir!!

What about keeping Aiyuk in there and playing Monty over CEH?

I like CEH more than Aiyuk as well. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, irish said:

True, anyone's guess. But without Moss today, Singletary has a nice opportunity at home, albeit against a tough Pitt team. He probably has about 75 total yards on 15-18 touches (3 rec) and scoring a TD is a coin flip with slightly more confidence in him not scoring. 

Geez you should do player projections with that level of accuracy (Singletary posted 11-72-0 + 3 rec for 8yds)

Long term question, is Matt Ryan a good enough backup QB (starter Russell Wilson) or should I be looking to upgrade? Is Winston a big upgrade? (Haven't watched Saints game yet, but will probably tomorrow.) Other available QBs include Goff, Taylor, Bridgewater, Wentz., Jones, Ben

18 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Geez you should do player projections with that level of accuracy (Singletary posted 11-72-0 + 3 rec for 8yds)

Long term question, is Matt Ryan a good enough backup QB (starter Russell Wilson) or should I be looking to upgrade? Is Winston a big upgrade? (Haven't watched Saints game yet, but will probably tomorrow.) Other available QBs include Goff, Taylor, Bridgewater, Wentz., Jones, Ben

Well, we can't get them all right, however, I don't know if you remember, but I used to have my own fantasy football website that I ran with my brothers, where I did projections, waiver wire recommendations, etc. Then life went bananas after my divorce and my family fell apart and the website went into the crapper.  I miss running it. 

In regard to your longterm question, I had Ryan ranked ahead of all of those guys starting the season and I'm not sure that after one week, we can say for sure that that's changed.  Winston looked really good against a Packers' defense that doesn't come to play. However, he plays in a system and has the ability to post some huge stats.  I'd also keep an eye on Big Ben. If you make the change, I'd do it for Winston first. 

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

Sure wish I listened

Happens brother, nobody gets them all right. We'll give it a go again next week. 

I'm gonna get a jump start on the thread this week!

Javonte Williams @ JAX

or

AJ Dillon vs DET

or

Elijah Mitchell @ PHI

I have Javonte in there currently and while I think Mitchell has the best upside, I'm skeptical of how his usage will be with Sermon in the mix, so I'd like to wait another week before throwing Mitchell in my starting lineup. As for Dillon, I think he has some upside to see a lot of garbage time production with an O/U at 48 and GB at -12 for the game. Javonte Williams is in a similar situation, but to a lesser extent.

31 minutes ago, Murael23 said:

I'm gonna get a jump start on the thread this week!

Javonte Williams @ JAX

or

AJ Dillon vs DET

or

Elijah Mitchell @ PHI

I have Javonte in there currently and while I think Mitchell has the best upside, I'm skeptical of how his usage will be with Sermon in the mix, so I'd like to wait another week before throwing Mitchell in my starting lineup. As for Dillon, I think he has some upside to see a lot of garbage time production with an O/U at 48 and GB at -12 for the game. Javonte Williams is in a similar situation, but to a lesser extent.

Good call, instead of waiting for the mad rush tomorrow morning. 

You're not gonna like my answer then, as I'd recommend starting Mitchell. I'm thinking their production is as follows:

-Mitchell closing in on 20 total touches for about 80-90 yards, possible TD but not likely. 

-Williams about 15 total touches for 50-60 yards and a little better chance at scoring than Mitchell. 

-Dillon maybe 10-12 touches for about 50 yards. 

19 minutes ago, irish said:

Good call, instead of waiting for the mad rush tomorrow morning. 

You're not gonna like my answer then, as I'd recommend starting Mitchell. I'm thinking their production is as follows:

-Mitchell closing in on 20 total touches for about 80-90 yards, possible TD but not likely. 

-Williams about 15 total touches for 50-60 yards and a little better chance at scoring than Mitchell. 

-Dillon maybe 10-12 touches for about 50 yards. 

Thanks for your input. You obviously are not afraid of Sermon taking the lead role away. While I don't think he will also, I guess the uncertainty of Shanahanigans is deterring me. You put it in good context though, because regardless, I do think Mitchell will see more carries than Williams, and as we know, volume is key. Along with high value touches. What are your thoughts on Mitchell's usage inside the 10 yd line? Do you think they use Sermon there because he is a slightly larger back?

14 minutes ago, Murael23 said:

Thanks for your input. You obviously are not afraid of Sermon taking the lead role away. While I don't think he will also, I guess the uncertainty of Shanahanigans is deterring me. You put it in good context though, because regardless, I do think Mitchell will see more carries than Williams, and as we know, volume is key. Along with high value touches. What are your thoughts on Mitchell's usage inside the 10 yd line? Do you think they use Sermon there because he is a slightly larger back?

My pleasure. Shanahanigans will always be there, it's just their system, their way. However, they could've given Sermon his shot last week playing 1B to Mostert's 1A.  Instead he wasn't even active. This week he'll be the 1B to Mitchell's 1A and still have Hasty and Kyle Juszczyk to contend with in certain situations.  While him being used inside the 10 is a possibility. I think if Mitchell continues to play well, he'll be the one favored. I look forward to seeing how this plays out. 

@irish

Much luck this season. I am 1-0 and hopefully going to turn it around this year, though I did start Golladay over Deebo this week, lol.

Lineup with starters in bold. Full PPR start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX (wr, rb, te), K, DST

QB: Hurts

RB: Zeke, Carson, Sanders, Pollard, Conner, Gainwell

WR: Hopkins, JUJU, Deebo, M Thomas, Golladay

TE: Andrews, Higbee

K: Succup

DST: Broncos

Don't want to mess with my team too much, but we have an 0-1 owner panicking and he wears his heart on his sleeve. Vocal about wanting Deebo.

Do you think Deebo is a sell high? Would you package him for a Gibson or A. Robinson?

What about Woods as a by low from a RB needy team.

Carson's schedule gets nasty and he tends to get hurt. Thought about him and Deebo to try to land Gibson, Robinson, Aaron Jones?

41 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

Much luck this season. I am 1-0 and hopefully going to turn it around this year, though I did start Golladay over Deebo this week, lol.

Lineup with starters in bold. Full PPR start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX (wr, rb, te), K, DST

QB: Hurts

RB: Zeke, Carson, Sanders, Pollard, Conner, Gainwell

WR: Hopkins, JUJU, Deebo, M Thomas, Golladay

TE: Andrews, Higbee

K: Succup

DST: Broncos

Don't want to mess with my team too much, but we have an 0-1 owner panicking and he wears his heart on his sleeve. Vocal about wanting Deebo.

Do you think Deebo is a sell high? Would you package him for a Gibson or A. Robinson?

What about Woods as a by low from a RB needy team.

Carson's schedule gets nasty and he tends to get hurt. Thought about him and Deebo to try to land Gibson, Robinson, Aaron Jones?

Hey TGA,

I like Woods more than Deebo. Woods being a top 20 WR, Deebo top 30.  

I like Carson, I know he gets Hurts but if you can get your hands on Penny as insurance that'd be nice. Honestly though, if I'm you, I'm looking to upgrade at WR, not RB. So trying to deal Sanders or Juju or Golladay for an upgrade at WR would be my move. If you had to sweeten the pot, then try Deebo and Sanders for a guy like Robinson.  Feel it out first. 

30 minutes ago, irish said:

Hey TGA,

I like Woods more than Deebo. Woods being a top 20 WR, Deebo top 30.  

I like Carson, I know he gets Hurts but if you can get your hands on Penny as insurance that'd be nice. Honestly though, if I'm you, I'm looking to upgrade at WR, not RB. So trying to deal Sanders or Juju or Golladay for an upgrade at WR would be my move. If you had to sweeten the pot, then try Deebo and Sanders for a guy like Robinson.  Feel it out first. 

Thanks. Woods owner is decimated at running back.

Sanders for Woods might be possible.

May be able to land Robinson for Sanders and someone else, not sure. Owner is 0-1 and freaking out about Tannehill, GIbson, A Jones, and Robinson.

6 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

Thanks. Woods owner is decimated at running back.

Sanders for Woods might be possible.

May be able to land Robinson for Sanders and someone else, not sure. Owner is 0-1 and freaking out about Tannehill, GIbson, A Jones, and Robinson.

Try Sanders and maybe Golladay for Robinson first, obviously. Then Sanders for Woods.