[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

sorry for the late questions today:

1. OBJ or Shepard?

2. pick 1: Pittman, Booker, K Herbert

1. Shepard

2. Pittman by a smidge over Booker. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

last one and thanks again so much:

full ppr, I need two:

Pittman, Sutton, Meyers, Jacobs

Sutton for sure, then toss up between Pittman and Jacobs, leaning Pittman. 

My QB'S ARE KILLLLING ME.  

SamD and KirkC.  Painfully underperforming past few weeks. 

I passed on so many waiver QB's because I felt mine were solid for superflex.    I was wrong.  My Qbs' are solid in a 20 team superflex league, thats about it. 

Here's whats left.  Give me the brutally honest version.    I mean, Is justin fields. a viable option for fantasy?  Ben?  good grief.  I am screwed.   lol

616c780fb7ae7_ScreenShot2021-10-17at3_06_27PM.thumb.png.370c3a7d2f4a1b2d4eeee7ba9c2d802e.png

EDIT/UPDATE-  ok ok ok...Ok, things started abysmally but they turned around in the end.  Cousins actually solid performance, and as terrible as SamD was through most of the game, his last drive helped salvage the day.

Edited by FinishTheDrill
  • Like 1

@irish

Another question, maybe you can talk me down.

I am winning over my wife's team by 40, but she has Allen and Henry tonight and I have AJ Brown. I expect to lose.

My roster is as follows:

QB: Hurts

RB: Zeke, Pollard, Sanders, Gainwell, Carson, Collins, Mattison

WR: Hopkins, Deebo, AJ Brown, M Thomas

TE: Andrews, Henry

I traded Darrell WIlliams and Emmanuel Sanders for AJ this week. Good chance it costs me the week. I will be 4-2 if I lose.

Having some buyers remorse I guess, especially with Collins now nicked up. 8th on waivers and may be trying to roll out Ingram or Freeman or somebody this week.

Just wanted to pick your brain. League mate telling me horrible trade, Sanders better than Brown rest of season, lost an RB1, blah blah blah, lol.

Thoughts?

On 10/17/2021 at 3:30 PM, DubstepAllstar said:

I was originally benching Edmonds cuz he was was questionable and has a tough matchup but now I’m reconsidering…..

Start Edmonds CLE or Patrick vs LV as my flex play ? 

Sorry I missed this one,  probably would've started Patrick. 

1 hour ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

Another question, maybe you can talk me down.

I am winning over my wife's team by 40, but she has Allen and Henry tonight and I have AJ Brown. I expect to lose.

My roster is as follows:

RB: Zeke, Pollard, Sanders, Gainwell, Carson, Collins, Mattison

I traded Darrell WIlliams and Emmanuel Sanders for AJ this week. Good chance it costs me the week. I will be 4-2 if I lose.

Having some buyers remorse I guess, especially with Collins now nicked up. 8th on waivers and may be trying to roll out Ingram or Freeman or somebody this week.

Just wanted to pick your brain. League mate telling me horrible trade, Sanders better than Brown rest of season, lost an RB1, blah blah blah, lol.

Thoughts?

Are you asking if your trade of Sanders and Williams for AJ was a bad trade?

10 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

yes

In regards to total value, sure is a bad trade for you. You're giving up more points than you're taking in. Now Williams shouldn't be a long term answer at RB, replacing the injured CEH, however, it could cost you games in the meantime. And if AJ is suckful to just average all year, then giving up Sanders for him was a total loss. Tough to pull the trigger on that one, but I know you're in love with the prospect of getting AJ of yesteryear. 

• Thanks 1

Won the week Irish.  Thank you.  2nd most points in my league this week so far, we'll see what this game brings.  4th place overall ( I was first 3 weeks ago!) and hopefully now I bump up to 3rd.   

So week 6, I was really dead set on E Sanders over Sutton.  however, I listened to everyone else on the planet, including you if I recall correct, and played Sutton.  He crushed it.  

We'll see what Sanders brings.  He wasnt going to start over JChase or BCooks anyway, so its moot.  it was him vs Sutton.  

My QB situation has me nervous, as I spent a lot of time and energy deliberating to get 3 startable QB's and thought I did in Murray, Cousins, and Darnold.  Darnold is pissing me off, but a tale for another day.    He still gets the week 7 start due to cousins bye. 

2 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Won the week Irish.  Thank you.  2nd most points in my league this week so far, we'll see what this game brings.  4th place overall ( I was first 3 weeks ago!) and hopefully now I bump up to 3rd.   

So week 6, I was really dead set on E Sanders over Sutton.  however, I listened to everyone else on the planet, including you if I recall correct, and played Sutton.  He crushed it.  

We'll see what Sanders brings.  He wasnt going to start over JChase or BCooks anyway, so its moot.  it was him vs Sutton.  

My QB situation has me nervous, as I spent a lot of time and energy deliberating to get 3 startable QB's and thought I did in Murray, Cousins, and Darnold.  Darnold is pissing me off, but a tale for another day.    He still gets the week 7 start due to cousins bye. 

That's awesome and I definitely suggested Sutton, even if Sanders goes big, they both had a great week. If Sanders is average, then I'm happy you went Sutton. Let's keep it going!

• Thanks 1

Week 7: 

I figure Booker has a week or so of starting left ...prob Week 9 SaqB returns?

Since all of my Rb's are  hurt long or short term, I have to decide to play Booker (vomit) or drop him for:

EliMitchell of my bench (likely) 

Mattison off my bench (unlikely)

or waivers:

McKissic

D"Eernest Johnson (probably wont get him with my 7of10 priority)

R Stevenson

Gainwell

DFreeman

I'd ;like to say I am looking long term, but to be honest winning isnt easy so near term week 7 is very much on the line!

Think its booker or Eli, with Eli winning it, right?

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Week 7: 

I figure Booker has a week or so of starting left ...prob Week 9 SaqB returns?

Since all of my Rb's are  hurt long or short term, I have to decide to play Booker (vomit) or drop him for:

EliMitchell of my bench (likely) 

Mattison off my bench (unlikely)

or waivers:

McKissic

D"Eernest Johnson (probably wont get him with my 7of10 priority)

R Stevenson

Gainwell

DFreeman

I'd ;like to say I am looking long term, but to be honest winning isnt easy so near term week 7 is very much on the line!

Think its booker or Eli, with Eli winning it, right?

Hey FTD,

Yeah, Booker's shelf life is limited.  Hell, is there a shot Barkley is back this week?

This is how I rank the RBs you listed for this week and the number next to them is taking for RoS.

Mitchell - 1

McKissic - 2

Gainwell - 3

Freeman - 6

Johnson - 8

Booker - 7

Stevenson - 4

Mattison - 5

So adding Mitchell, McKissic, Gainwell, in that order makes the most sense. 

Hey Irish. Lots of questions with line up?

QB Hurts

WR J. Chase, B. Cooks

RB Patterson, Herbert

Flex D.Johnson Cle

TE Kelce

D Rams

Bench

QB Jones

WR Woods, C.Davis

RB Swift, Gaskin

D Car

Biggest question trust Cooks over Woods?

Herbert or Johnson over Swift?

No way can play Gaskin!

Thanks mate!

Go Cowboys

@irish

First a warning, I went back to "old me" this week with my Williams/Sanders for AJ Brown trade and lost the week.

My track record first two years doing this was traded myself right out of playoffs. Both years I tweaked and tweaked and reached and it cost me. 4-9 and 3-10 finishes.

This year I have been real good about setting and forgetting and not reaching and sit at 4-2. Even though I lost the trade last week I wouldn't have had E Sanders anyway, so I feel like this week I am using Stevenson as a flex but rolling out 3 decent WR.

Roster as a reminder, week 7 starters in bold:

RB: Zeke, Pollard, Sanders, Gainwell, Carson, Collins, Stevenson

Trade scenarios:

1. Henry for Michael Carter

never mind, manager dropped carter today  and I’ll never get him (9th on waivers)

Odd trade in that I am playing the guy this week but he has no tight end on roster and I could use an RB. We'd be swapping players to use against each other. Carter is on his bench as a 4th RB.

2. Carson and collins for David Montgomery

Same owner as above...

3. Not a scenario but a question.

Would you trade Hopkins for a WR/RB combo, like a woods and harris, or leave it alone.

Realistic targets would be Deandre for:

Woods/Harris

J Williams/McLaurin (doubtful)

Keenan Allen/M Davis

Chubba/Allen Robinson

Edited by TheGuildedAge

Hope you had an awesome b-day Irish. 

Ok we start  1 QB 2RBs 2 WRs 1TE and a flex. My RBs are set with J Taylor and Mixon. Decided to go with Hollywood and R Woods as WRs…now here’s where it gets tricky. I have Pitts and Goedert as my TEs Am stumped there but whichever doesn’t start will be include in my flex decision:

Pitts/Goedert. At Mia/at LV

C Sutton At Clev

E Mitchell vs Indy

what do you think?  Thanks!

Good trade?

Cooper Kupp and Keenan Allen for Dak Prescott, Michael Thomas, and Saquon Barkley

10 man 1/2 PPR

R.Wilson on IR, I have Evans and DJ moore as my additional wr

J.Taylor and Gibson as my RBs (along with Pollard and Mattison)

Edited by Sweetlew

4 hours ago, JohnbGoode said:

Hey Irish. Lots of questions with line up?

QB Hurts

WR J. Chase, B. Cooks

RB Patterson, Herbert

Flex D.Johnson Cle

TE Kelce

D Rams

Bench

QB Jones

WR Woods, C.Davis

RB Swift, Gaskin

D Car

Biggest question trust Cooks over Woods?

Herbert or Johnson over Swift?

No way can play Gaskin!

Thanks mate!

Go Cowboys

Hey Johnny, 

I'd definitely be switching some things up. 

RBs - Patterson and Swift

WR - Chase and Cooks

Flex - Woods

Absolutely go Cowboys!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

First a warning, I went back to "old me" this week with my Williams/Sanders for AJ Brown trade and lost the week.

My track record first two years doing this was traded myself right out of playoffs. Both years I tweaked and tweaked and reached and it cost me. 4-9 and 3-10 finishes.

This year I have been real good about setting and forgetting and not reaching and sit at 4-2. Even though I lost the trade last week I wouldn't have had E Sanders anyway, so I feel like this week I am using Stevenson as a flex but rolling out 3 decent WR.

Roster as a reminder, week 7 starters in bold:

RB: Zeke, Pollard, Sanders, Gainwell, Carson, Collins, Stevenson

Trade scenarios:

1. Henry for Michael Carter

Odd trade in that I am playing the guy this week but he has no tight end on roster and I could use an RB. We'd be swapping players to use against each other. Carter is on his bench as a 4th RB.

2. Carson, Collins, Henry for David Montgomery and Carter

Same owner as above...

3. Not a scenario but a question.

Would you trade Hopkins for a WR/RB combo, like a woods and harris, or leave it alone.

Realistic targets would be Deandre for:

Woods/Harris

J Williams/McLaurin (doubtful)

Keenan Allen/M Davis

Chubba/Allen Robinson

Hey TGA,

Yeah, I was worried when you might fall off the wagon with a bad add/drop or trade. It happens, sometimes, we just can't help over-tinker.

Keep an eye on Collins for your RB2 but think the way you have it, is the way you may have to go. 

1. Solid trade for you as you would be able to start Carter this week over Stevenson. 

2. Another solid trade for you as I like Monty more than the combo of Carson/ Collins and like Carter more than the value Henry has for you. 

3. Hell no on Hopkins for Chubba and ARob. 

I'd trade Hopkins for Allen and Davis in a heartbeat. I actually like Allen as much or more.  This would be the trade I'd target most. 

GL 

3 hours ago, nyjets18 said:

Case Keenum or Geno Smith at QB2 in a 2 QB league. No one else is available to pick up 

I'd give Keenum the edge over Smith. 

1 hour ago, Jaxfactor904 said:

Hope you had an awesome b-day Irish. 

Ok we start  1 QB 2RBs 2 WRs 1TE and a flex. My RBs are set with J Taylor and Mixon. Decided to go with Hollywood and R Woods as WRs…now here’s where it gets tricky. I have Pitts and Goedert as my TEs Am stumped there but whichever doesn’t start will be include in my flex decision:

Pitts/Goedert. At Mia/at LV

C Sutton At Clev

E Mitchell vs Indy

what do you think?  Thanks!

Hey Jax, 

I had a solid b- day with the fam.  Thx for asking. 

I'd be starting Pitts at TE and Sutton is surely the flex for me. 

GL

1 hour ago, irish said:

Hey TGA,

Yeah, I was worried when you might fall off the wagon with a bad add/drop or trade. It happens, sometimes, we just can't help over-tinker.

Keep an eye on Collins for your RB2 but think the way you have it, is the way you may have to go. 

1. Solid trade for you as you would be able to start Carter this week over Stevenson. 

2. Another solid trade for you as I like Monty more than the combo of Carson/ Collins and like Carter more than the value Henry has for you. 

3. Hell no on Hopkins for Chubba and ARob. 

I'd trade Hopkins for Allen and Davis in a heartbeat. I actually like Allen as much or more.  This would be the trade I'd target most. 

GL 

Yeah, shot myself in the foot I guess. We have a lot of 2-4 teams and should have at least one 2-5 so hopefully I can just make payoffs at this point.

Thanks again.

Funny thing about my AJ Brown trade is he initially let it die and I thought it's probably for the best, and when he texted to ask if it was still an offer I felt guilty and resent. Dumb I guess but what's done is done.

Lastly, manager of Carter dropped him. No idea why, my wife has #1 waiver and I think she's gonna grab him.

Edited by TheGuildedAge