[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

32 minutes ago, blankko said:

Need to decide which 2 to play my Flex this week.

J. Jacobs vs. Phi

J. Conner vs. Hou

D. Peoples-Jones vs. Den

M. Gordon vs. Cle

Also, I have Shephard as my starting WR this week. People-Jones is my only other WR on the bench. Think it's safe to leave Shephard in?

Thanks.

Shepard is a definitely play!  I'd play Jacobs and Connor in the flexes. 

Edited by irish

1 minute ago, FinishTheDrill said:

1 RB and 1 Flex.

Eli Mitchell

D'Ernest Johnson

Courtland Sutton.

Right now I have Eli and Sutton in, with DJ riding pine. 

If I change that, I need to do it before game time this evening for both Courtland and D'Ernest.

Thank you muchly. 

I'd play out the way you are, Mitchell and sutton. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, irish said:

I'd play out the way you are, Mitchell and sutton. 

Which brings me to the real value of Dernest Johnson in my world.  He was "in case".   

Guys in league are shedding roster and scrambling several guys to fit people in for the byes.   So guys are on waivers now that I think are long term superior to Johnson.  

Drop D'ernest at 7:59pm tonight for:

Jeudy, Bateman, Darnell Mooney, Melvin Gordon, Felton, Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Marlon Mack, josh Gordon...   ok, ok, I got carried away there.   

But the question remains.  I mean, Chubb is coming back in 10 days, right?  He's got to be.  If anything, Felton sees time once chubbers is back.  

31 minutes ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Which brings me to the real value of Dernest Johnson in my world.  He was "in case".   

Guys in league are shedding roster and scrambling several guys to fit people in for the byes.   So guys are on waivers now that I think are long term superior to Johnson.  

Drop D'ernest at 7:59pm tonight for:

Jeudy, Bateman, Darnell Mooney, Melvin Gordon, Felton, Gainwell, Jeff Wilson, Marlon Mack, josh Gordon...   ok, ok, I got carried away there.   

But the question remains.  I mean, Chubb is coming back in 10 days, right?  He's got to be.  If anything, Felton sees time once chubbers is back.  

Absolutely!

Jeudy is the most valuable guy on that list easily over Johnson. Gordon is next and also way more valuable than Johnson!  Gainwell is 3rd. Those 3 are far better. I even prefer Felton but that's closer. 

Btw, Loved Chubbers!!  🤣 

Edited by irish

I have a good kicker. Butker

Someone dropped Bass during his bye week. 

Is it worth picking up Bass now (I'm not dropping anyone), playing Butker for this week, but then letting Butker go next week?? This way, I don't have to worry about dealing with kickers on byes anymore. Is Bass just as good or better than Butker? 

1 hour ago, GoBlue41 said:

I have a good kicker. Butker

Someone dropped Bass during his bye week. 

Is it worth picking up Bass now (I'm not dropping anyone), playing Butker for this week, but then letting Butker go next week?? This way, I don't have to worry about dealing with kickers on byes anymore. Is Bass just as good or better than Butker? 

I actually like Bass better, make that move. 

Hey Irish,

Im torn on who to start. I’m 3-3 and need this win. 
looking for a flex player.

my roster now as it sits is:

qb-ryan

rb- Edmonds & Henderson 

wr- Woods & Hopkins

te - waller

flex - ?

kicker- prater

dst - saints

Bench - Bateman and Mike Davis. All my other players are on byes and can’t afford to drop.

Antonio brown was my flex but he’s out.

I did have Johnson on my bench but dropped him last minute ( I wasn’t sure who was going to be starting RB. 🤦‍♂️). And I picked up BATEMAN.

im not sure what’s best option. 
waivers that are best choice are:

Ruggs, Aiyuk, Mooney, Hardman, renfrow, callaway. Or go RB route and flex DAVIS or pick up Collins/Penny, Carter, Stevenson, Freeman.

thanks in advance.

Hey Irish!

Up to 2-4 and still trying to climb into playoff contention at this point but up against the best team in our league (who fortunately has Cook,Robinson and Mike Williams on bye). Given my depth at RB I'm strongly considering trading Javonte Williams for Jalen Hurts as the owner has already said he'll do this trade. Tannehill seems like a decent play for this week but I'm terrified that Henry is going to keep stealing TD's and cap his upside. I'm also worried that Javonte will stay stuck in this committee since it seems like they are relying on MG3 heavily in crucial situations and there's nothing to indicate that it will change without an injury. It is trading away a lot of upside at RB but it feels like I'm holding onto a handcuff that will never get used. What say you good sir? Thanks for the advice!

2 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

Full PPR

Rolling with Rhamondre as my RB2 this week.

Start D Freeman over him, or just keep Stevenson. I would have to cut him to add Freeman

I'd play Freeman this week but Stevenson better for the ROS.

53 minutes ago, Onesickfx said:

Hey Irish,

Im torn on who to start. I’m 3-3 and need this win. 
looking for a flex player.

my roster now as it sits is:

qb-ryan

rb- Edmonds & Henderson 

wr- Woods & Hopkins

te - waller

flex - ?

kicker- prater

dst - saints

Bench - Bateman and Mike Davis. All my other players are on byes and can’t afford to drop.

Antonio brown was my flex but he’s out.

I did have Johnson on my bench but dropped him last minute ( I wasn’t sure who was going to be starting RB. 🤦‍♂️). And I picked up BATEMAN.

im not sure what’s best option. 
waivers that are best choice are:

Ruggs, Aiyuk, Mooney, Hardman, renfrow, callaway. Or go RB route and flex DAVIS or pick up Collins/Penny, Carter, Stevenson, Freeman.

thanks in advance.

Hey sickfx,

I like Renfrow, Ruggs, Hardman, Mooney and Aiyuk more then Bateman for the ROS.  And I like Renfrow more then Bateman this week. I'd add and play him. 

56 minutes ago, Khurtz said:

Hey Irish!

Up to 2-4 and still trying to climb into playoff contention at this point but up against the best team in our league (who fortunately has Cook,Robinson and Mike Williams on bye). Given my depth at RB I'm strongly considering trading Javonte Williams for Jalen Hurts as the owner has already said he'll do this trade. Tannehill seems like a decent play for this week but I'm terrified that Henry is going to keep stealing TD's and cap his upside. I'm also worried that Javonte will stay stuck in this committee since it seems like they are relying on MG3 heavily in crucial situations and there's nothing to indicate that it will change without an injury. It is trading away a lot of upside at RB but it feels like I'm holding onto a handcuff that will never get used. What say you good sir? Thanks for the advice!

Hey Khurtz!

Well, first thing's first sure Javonte feels like a handcuff but he's more of a 1a or 1b any given week as he has his own stand alone value. However, he will be stuck in this committee unless an injury occurs. 

Hurts is a top 5 QB this week and top 10 ROS.  Tannehill is top 10 this week and like top 15 ROS. Hurts its definitely an upgrade and the trade makes sense, but what are your other RB options?

Edited by irish

9 minutes ago, irish said:

Hey Khurtz!

Well, first thing's first sure Javonte feels like a handcuff but he's more of a 1a or 1b any given week as he has his own stand alone value. However, he will be stuck in this committee unless an injury occurs. 

Hurts is a top 5 QB this week and top 10 ROS.  Tannehill is top 10 this week and like top 15 ROS. Hurts its definitely an upgrade and the trade makes sense, but what are your other RB options?

Hey Irish!

Thanks for the reply! So my other RB's are Najee Harris, Deandre Swift, Elijah Mitchell, Miles Sanders (picked up off waivers this week) and Damien Williams (also off waivers). The way I'm seeing it, if Sanders comes out and still has a decent snap share like last week he could be RoS gold with his cakewalk schedule (except against NO) and Elijah Mitchell has the potential to keep the starting gig until Jeff Wilson Jr. comes back (which isn't expected to be until late November). Damien Williams is trade bait mostly as I don't think he cracks my RB spots (no flex). Williams has massive upside but he's basically a slightly better version of Pollard (also now on waivers) and I just don't see him pushing out my top 4 RB's without an injury to MG3 or an injury to one of them. Not sure how you feel about Sanders and Mitchell but I appreciate your advice!

Side note: I am terrified that Jalen Hurts will eventually get benched for being a terrible real life QB or they trade for Watson (super unlikely). He also screwed me in the championship game last year by playing terribly against Dallas so I'm a little salty but I recognize the value he brings with both upside and consistency and his schedule is pretty favorable going forward.

Thanks again for the advice!

Edited by Khurtz

10 hours ago, Khurtz said:

Hey Irish!

Thanks for the reply! So my other RB's are Najee Harris, Deandre Swift, Elijah Mitchell, Miles Sanders (picked up off waivers this week) and Damien Williams (also off waivers). The way I'm seeing it, if Sanders comes out and still has a decent snap share like last week he could be RoS gold with his cakewalk schedule (except against NO) and Elijah Mitchell has the potential to keep the starting gig until Jeff Wilson Jr. comes back (which isn't expected to be until late November). Damien Williams is trade bait mostly as I don't think he cracks my RB spots (no flex). Williams has massive upside but he's basically a slightly better version of Pollard (also now on waivers) and I just don't see him pushing out my top 4 RB's without an injury to MG3 or an injury to one of them. Not sure how you feel about Sanders and Mitchell but I appreciate your advice!

Side note: I am terrified that Jalen Hurts will eventually get benched for being a terrible real life QB or they trade for Watson (super unlikely). He also screwed me in the championship game last year by playing terribly against Dallas so I'm a little salty but I recognize the value he brings with both upside and consistency and his schedule is pretty favorable going forward.

Thanks again for the advice!

My pleasure. Wow! You are definitely trading from a place of strength and not even giving up your strength. You have 3 top 20 RBs and 2 of them are top 6 in Najee and Swift, Sanders just inside the top 20 and rising. Mitchell is top 30 and slightly ranked ahead of Williams for me. So you're giving up your RB4, who's in a committee, for a premiere QB/ ranked inside the top 10, in fantasy anyway. 

Make that deal yesterday!

Eta: Try to trade Damien Williams asap for an upgrade at WR or TE, or even RB depth, whatever you need.  Herbert has taken a role there that he won't give back, Monty will be returning, along with Cohen. Williams will be an afterthought. I traded Williams the moment Monty got hurt for an upgrade at WR. 

Edited by irish

Hey Irish, I thought I was making some inroads here but now its just a soup of maybe's.   I am not concerned with week 7.  Thats all set up and done except for the games.   I am more concerned with the medium/long term view.   I am 5th place out of 10.  

Take a look at my roster here, including injuries etc, and a gander at my waiver options.  I think its ripe for 2:1 trade upgrade, except that no one trades, and when i complained about it there was some commentary regarding my lineage, parenting, and what not.  So, yeah.  No trades.

1/2ppr 10 man superflex.  TWO IR spots.     Also, I know Mattison doesnt rank highly in terms of must-ads, but he has been gold for me and I loath not having him for when cook (inevitably) goes down again.  So he gets a FTD+10 bump in the rankings for emotional reasons.  

Here goes:

Qb: Kyler, SamD, Kirk

TE: The best

DST: good enough 

K: very good

RB:                                 

Chubb IR

D'Ernest Johnson

CEH   IR

Darrel Williams

Mitchell

Moss

RB FA:  Mattison, and the Cooks owner is surely going to take him when he notices.

RB Waivers: Melvin Gordon.  I did not expect him to drop, but here he is.  Hmmm.

Of course I am thinking DJohnson+ burn my waiver for Melvin, but what if Chubb is out after 10 days and what of Hunt not coming back for 3 weeks?  Cleve running game is impressive, and its handled a 1a/1b before.  Might that be JOhnsons role for 3 more weeks?  Please dont mention Felton.  Not interested.

WR:

JChase

THiggins

Sutton

Jeudy

BCooks

ESanders

Lots of guys on waivers and FA.  All are "tier5-6" like RMoore, CKirk, TimP, Bateman, Aiyuk (do I want him?) 

Moreso looking at my not realistically keeping 6 WR anyway, as I'll need a TE replacement in 4 or5 weeks

and the fact that RB seems to be more lucrative place to leverage misfortune.  

I'm a big TeeHig fan, but he, Chase, and Cooks all have the same BYE week.  ooph.  

Sutton and Jeudy seems to be a tossup.  I know Sanders looks the odd man out here, but he gets insane snap count and has proven he still has massive talent. 

So I currently have 2 handcuffs in Williams and Johnson, 2 starters out, and 2 decent but not stud RB's.  Oh, and I cant help but keep eyeing up Mattison, waiting for Cook to take another knee.

Here's your team.  What do you do?

(you are going to tell me to try to upgrade tradfe.  Which I cant.  So then, you are going to tell me to forget Mattison, drop sanders and DJohson, get Melvin.  Use the extra spot to take Chubb out of IR next game.  Pick up someone and stash em in IR to ameliorate the sting of losing the best handcuff in the NFL.  Right?)

Thank you in advance!!!

Edited by FinishTheDrill

@irish

4-2 in full PPR, roster below...

QB: hurts

RB: Zeke, Pollard, Sanders, Gainwell, Carson, Collins, Stevenson

WR: Hopkins, Deebo, AJ Brown, M Thomas

TE: Andrews, Henry

Some thoughts:

After this bye, I would plan to start my WR each week and only two RBs (injuries of course change things)

Would you consider dropping Alex Collins for any of these guys:

Kirk Cousins, Mattison, Singletary, Bateman, Crowder?

Or do you think waiver options are weak enough I can chance just waiting.

12 team PPR Superflex league

I have Zeke, Kamara and Jrob as my RBs and thinking about trading one for a QB and bench RB because I have Murray and Tua as of now.

I’d like to trade Jeob but wouldn’t be opposed of trading any of the three.

I could trade for another stud WR and ride Tua out. My other WRs are Diggs, Mclaurin, Cooks, Julio, Juedy, and Meyers.

Or thought about trading for Kelce is the only TE I would want if I gave up one of the three RB because I have Gesicki as of now. Would you do it for Waller or any other TE?

basically asking what is the RB trade value if I was to get a QB, WR, or TE?

Hi Irish!

Full PPR. Need one of these for my WR2 slot:

Callaway @ Seattle
Julio vs Chiefs
Ruggs vs Eagles
AJ Green vs Texans   (I also have Hopkins and am obviously starting him as my WR1 against his former team, one he despises no less)

3 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

Hey Irish, I thought I was making some inroads here but now its just a soup of maybe's.   I am not concerned with week 7.  Thats all set up and done except for the games.   I am more concerned with the medium/long term view.   I am 5th place out of 10.  

Take a look at my roster here, including injuries etc, and a gander at my waiver options.  I think its ripe for 2:1 trade upgrade, except that no one trades, and when i complained about it there was some commentary regarding my lineage, parenting, and what not.  So, yeah.  No trades.

1/2ppr 10 man superflex.  TWO IR spots.     Also, I know Mattison doesnt rank highly in terms of must-ads, but he has been gold for me and I loath not having him for when cook (inevitably) goes down again.  So he gets a FTD+10 bump in the rankings for emotional reasons.  

Here goes:

Qb: Kyler, SamD, Kirk

TE: The best

DST: good enough 

K: very good

RB:                                 

Chubb IR

D'Ernest Johnson

CEH   IR

Darrel Williams

Mitchell

Moss

RB FA:  Mattison, and the Cooks owner is surely going to take him when he notices.

RB Waivers: Melvin Gordon.  I did not expect him to drop, but here he is.  Hmmm.

Of course I am thinking DJohnson+ burn my waiver for Melvin, but what if Chubb is out after 10 days and what of Hunt not coming back for 3 weeks?  Cleve running game is impressive, and its handled a 1a/1b before.  Might that be JOhnsons role for 3 more weeks?  Please dont mention Felton.  Not interested.

WR:

JChase

THiggins

Sutton

Jeudy

BCooks

ESanders

Lots of guys on waivers and FA.  All are "tier5-6" like RMoore, CKirk, TimP, Bateman, Aiyuk (do I want him?) 

Moreso looking at my not realistically keeping 6 WR anyway, as I'll need a TE replacement in 4 or5 weeks

and the fact that RB seems to be more lucrative place to leverage misfortune.  

I'm a big TeeHig fan, but he, Chase, and Cooks all have the same BYE week.  ooph.  

Sutton and Jeudy seems to be a tossup.  I know Sanders looks the odd man out here, but he gets insane snap count and has proven he still has massive talent. 

So I currently have 2 handcuffs in Williams and Johnson, 2 starters out, and 2 decent but not stud RB's.  Oh, and I cant help but keep eyeing up Mattison, waiting for Cook to take another knee.

Here's your team.  What do you do?

(you are going to tell me to try to upgrade tradfe.  Which I cant.  So then, you are going to tell me to forget Mattison, drop sanders and DJohson, get Melvin.  Use the extra spot to take Chubb out of IR next game.  Pick up someone and stash em in IR to ameliorate the sting of losing the best handcuff in the NFL.  Right?)

Thank you in advance!!!

What up FTD,

Alright, so it's my team, how do I deal?  First of all, Johnson looked great on Thursday and while that could continue with at least Hunt continuing to be sidelined, I try to deal him asap and if that doesn't work, he's first to be dropped for a guy who has greater longterm value. Even Darrel Williams will be relegated to backup in 2 weeks. 

I like Gordon the most and certainly more than Williams or Johnson. I like Mattison more than Johnson and about the same as Williams. So definitely add Gordon, dropping Johnson and possibly Mattison, dropping Williams. 

In regard to WR, I actually like Jeudy the least among them and like Sanders a bunch. I wouldn't make any changes there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

4-2 in full PPR, roster below...

QB: hurts

RB: Zeke, Pollard, Sanders, Gainwell, Carson, Collins, Stevenson

WR: Hopkins, Deebo, AJ Brown, M Thomas

TE: Andrews, Henry

Some thoughts:

After this bye, I would plan to start my WR each week and only two RBs (injuries of course change things)

Would you consider dropping Alex Collins for any of these guys:

Kirk Cousins, Mattison, Singletary, Bateman, Crowder?

Or do you think waiver options are weak enough I can chance just waiting.

Well, you definitely need a backup QB and Cousins is a smart move. Grabbing Singletary is smart too as I like him more than Collins, Stevenson, Carson and Mattison. Your WRs are solid enough and I don't like Bateman or Crowder more than the ones you have. 

3 minutes ago, irish said:

Well, you definitely need a backup QB and Cousins is a smart move. Grabbing Singletary is smart too as I like him more than Collins, Stevenson, Carson and Mattison. Your WRs are solid enough and I don't like Bateman or Crowder more than the ones you have. 

thanks as always!

I may drop Collins for singletary now then try to grab a QB after I play Henry next week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huntman27 said:

12 team PPR Superflex league

I have Zeke, Kamara and Jrob as my RBs and thinking about trading one for a QB and bench RB because I have Murray and Tua as of now.

I’d like to trade Jeob but wouldn’t be opposed of trading any of the three.

I could trade for another stud WR and ride Tua out. My other WRs are Diggs, Mclaurin, Cooks, Julio, Juedy, and Meyers.

Or thought about trading for Kelce is the only TE I would want if I gave up one of the three RB because I have Gesicki as of now. Would you do it for Waller or any other TE?

basically asking what is the RB trade value if I was to get a QB, WR, or TE?

Honestly, in a 12 teamer, I wouldn't deplete my RB stable unless I had to our the trade coming back was unreal. I wouldn't move Zeke or Kamara but if you could move Jrob, who in his own right is a top 12 RB, for an upgrade at TE targeting Kelce first or maybe Waller or Andrews in that order, that could work. So maybe, Jrob and Gesicki for Kelce and a lower tier RB, or the same from you for Waller and a RB. 

Or you could try Tua and Jrob for a QB upgrade and lesser RB.