[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

No Booker?  Also, consider that Waller is damaged today and Ruggs will prob get more targets.  I'm going Jones if he's active and Ruggs.

This one is my toughest chjoice of the day.  I know Panthers are stout run defenders but not so much the last couple weeks and I just think Booker gets a ton of volume too.  If only he were a good RB.  

This is the reason I'm giving Ruggs the edge. I see he and Booker as neck and neck. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, irish said:

This is the reason I'm giving Ruggs the edge. I see he and Booker as neck and neck. 

thanks!  Here's the last one (I think) and it's the worst of this putrid set of questions.    I need one of these gems.  My RB2 choices in a 0.5 PPR:

David Johnson vs his old team that dumped him.  

Ronald Jones vs himself mostly

Damien Williams vs Covid-19 vaccinations or

Rashard Penny vs his injury.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

thanks!  Here's the last one (I think) and it's the worst of this putrid set of questions.    I need one of these gems.  My RB2 choices in a 0.5 PPR:

David Johnson vs his old team that dumped him.  

Ronald Jones vs himself mostly

Damien Williams vs Covid-19 vaccinations or

Rashard Penny vs his injury.

Oooof!

I'm torn between DJ and Williams and think I'm going DJ. 

Just now, Dcat said:

ha ha.  Just when you think you've seen it all, right?

Looks like RB options in a 16+ team league.  I'm in a 32 team league and I have Zeke, Edmonds and Lindsay. 

2 minutes ago, DubstepAllstar said:

M Sanders @ LV or C Edmonds vs HOU?

1 PPR

Both are solid starts this week and I really like Edmonds to throw it down. However, Sanders is hot and I think you need to roll with him. 

Bye week has my options limited. I have two flex positions to fill. I have T Higgins, Rondale Moore and AJ Green to choose from. Higgins seems to have fallen off. Moore and Green can strike at any time, but are on the same team. What are my best two bets for today?

22 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Flex spot is now open because Shepard is inactive, I have to start one in a PPR:

B Aiyuk vs Colts
D. Freeman vs Bengals
R Penny vs Saints

Freeman

22 minutes ago, The Fantasy Don said:

Hey Irish,

I need help with 2 teams, both 1 pt PPT.  Bye week killing me!

Team 1 (need 2)

Mike Davis AT Phins

Damien Harris vs Jets

Marquez Callaway AT Seahawks

Henry Ruggs vs Eagles

Team 2 (need 2)

Tyler Boyd AT Ravens

Alex Collins vs Saints

J. Crowder AT Pats

Thanks!

How's it going Don, 

Team 1

Harris and Callaway

Team 2

Crowder and Boyd

GL

Edited by irish
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jailbirds said:

Bye week has my options limited. I have two flex positions to fill. I have T Higgins, Rondale Moore and AJ Green to choose from. Higgins seems to have fallen off. Moore and Green can strike at any time, but are on the same team. What are my best two bets for today?

Higgins and a coinflip between the other 2, I'm leaning Moore.

14 hours ago, Huntman27 said:

Standard who to pick up?

Kmet

Howard

Brate

Cox 

Everett

Moreau

If Waller misses time, Moreau. Otherwise, Alie-Cox.

Edited by irish

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

10 team superflex.

Darnold.  Time to cut him loose?   Here' s whats left:

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 5.56.32 PM.png

2 hours ago, FinishTheDrill said:

^ which is to say, pretty much nothing.

Unfortunately, gotta stick with what you got. 

• Sad 1

I have the Seals-Jones/Logan Thomas combo as my TE in a PPR league. I've been holding onto the #1 waiver for a while hoping for something big to come around. Zach Ertz is available. Now that he is in a good spot with Arizona, do you think he is a big enough upgrade going forward to burn my #1 waiver? 

5 hours ago, GoBlue41 said:

I have the Seals-Jones/Logan Thomas combo as my TE in a PPR league. I've been holding onto the #1 waiver for a while hoping for something big to come around. Zach Ertz is available. Now that he is in a good spot with Arizona, do you think he is a big enough upgrade going forward to burn my #1 waiver? 

I don't, especially with you having Thomas and S-J.  But in the end, who really knows what will happen in the upcoming weeks. 

@irish

I squeaked out a win to improve to 5-2.

Roster below with week 8 starters in bold barring injury/covid

QB: Hurts

RB: Zeke, Pollard, Sanders, Gainwell, Freeman, Carson, Singletary

WR: Hopkins, AJ Brown, Deebo, M Thomas

TE: Andrews, Henry

K: Koo

DST: Rams

Question 1: Any changes you would make?

Question 2: Risky to drop Freeman for a backup QB. Carr, Jones, Tua, Winston, Cousins, M Jones on waivers. 

OR

Drop Freeman to try to add Bateman from Baltimore?

Question 3: How much would you tinker vs. leave team alone.

A. Chubb owner is deep at RB and wants Andrews. Maybe Andrews/Singletary for Fant/Chubb. He may need more though.

B. Hopkins for Woods/Damien Harris?

C. Just leave it be and hope I can ride out until Carson/Thomas returns

D. Trade Hurts for a Tannehill/Michael Carter deal?

12 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

@irish

I squeaked out a win to improve to 5-2.

Roster below with week 8 starters in bold barring injury/covid

QB: Hurts

RB: Zeke, Pollard, Sanders, Gainwell, Freeman, Carson, Singletary

WR: Hopkins, AJ Brown, Deebo, M Thomas

TE: Andrews, Henry

K: Koo

DST: Rams

Question 1: Any changes you would make?

Question 2: Risky to drop Freeman for a backup QB. Carr, Jones, Tua, Winston, Cousins, M Jones on waivers. 

OR

Drop Freeman to try to add Bateman from Baltimore?

Question 3: How much would you tinker vs. leave team alone.

A. Chubb owner is deep at RB and wants Andrews. Maybe Andrews/Singletary for Fant/Chubb. He may need more though.

B. Hopkins for Woods/Damien Harris?

C. Just leave it be and hope I can ride out until Carson/Thomas returns

D. Trade Hurts for a Tannehill/Michael Carter deal?

Nice job to this point!

I wouldn't tinker too much but always looking to improve is key. 

Dropping Freeman for Bateman is an easy decision, definitely do that. Eventually though, you will need a backup QB and Cousins would be the guy to grab. 

A. Trading Andrews would hurt as you'd drop off to Henry/Fant, but getting Chubb is sweet. Doubt he does that though. 

B. I'd pass on the Hopkins deal. 

C. Probably the case, but never rule out making moves. 

D. Pass

• Like 1

1. I have Hunter Hernry and Dawson Knox, should I drop Dawson Knox for Deren Waller ? 8 teams PPR

2. I have Davante Adam, Mike Williams, Ja'mar Chase, DJ Moore, Terry McLaurin as my WRs

will you drop one to pick up Michael Thomas (NO) and who should i drop for him ? Thanks

Edited by sabercats5441

Last week didnt work out so well (putting it very mildly) but that was primarily due to a gross underperformance by everyone except a guy on the bench and JChase.  I started SamD out of necessity, but honestly didnt anticipate what happened.  I was the "blowout of the week" and not in a good way.  

I am, however, still in it due 3 upsets in my league.   Which brings me to...

Week 8 Rb sit/start recommendations!   

Looking for 2 Rb's and a Flex in a 10teamsuperflex 1/2ppr.   

I have listed my WR decisions as well for your perusal and to assist with the Flex rec's.  

On to the RB:

Chubb vs Pitt D. 

DWilliams vs  Giants

Moss vs Mia.

EliMitchell vs Chi

Thoughts & Ramblings:

Chubb...  vs a tough pitt rush D, maybe he split more time than usual with DErnie & Bert due to his recent inj? Or is he full?

DW... Giants are probably still celebrating their win over Car.   Its a MUST WIN for KC.  Period.  Will they do that on the back of their 2nd string RB?  Will KC even run the ball?  Its a weird team lately with difficult-to-predict RB & play calling decisions.   Will they Tyreek/Kelce their way into a blowout an not let up? 

ZMoss... I expect Buff to molest Miami in whatever manner they choose.  They would be wise to just run the ball once they are up to secure a lead and run the clock out.  Also, to avoid any Tua heroics from an atheltee trying to save his career.   Moss really could be in a terrific matchup here.

SuperEli...  He is getting the touches now that may justify people blowing 99% of FAAB in week 2.   He's a legit RB according to the eye test, but Chi may not be ideal matchup and my other options may be better?

Wide Recievers:

WR1: JChase vs jets.  (Will Cinn even need to pass?  It may be a Mixon/other RB guy field day.)  

WR2: Sutton vs a weak WFT secondary.  

Likely FLEX:  Sanders vs mia, A team/staff that I am less than impressed with.  

Other WR on bench:  JJeudy (flex him due to WFT secondary?) THiggins (15 targets!!!!) , BCooks (Tyrod back yet?)