Here's a P. Manning trade offer - thoughts?

hayduke2005

Trying to shake it up a bit with trading with a 4-6 team in my 16 team non ppr standard scoring league.

I am at 6-4 and looking to sure myself up for playoff run (no guarentee i am in) and I would give Kaepernick, Ellington and Oliver to get his Manning and Detroit D.

He has Antone Smith (Atl) and Cadoret (NO) as his starting RB's so could clearly use RB help - Ellington, arguably a fantasy stud (maybe not even arguable), Oliver and a very servicable QB in Kaepernick

Thoughts - Is this improving his team enough to justify the subtraction of Manning?

Throwing more at the trade won't make it better, Ellington is clearly a good RB but he's not Murray, Foster, Lynch for the #1 ff point producer (Luck probably has a few more points to date), While Ellington is an upgrade the Kaep is very a risky mediocre weekly producer (outside the top 12 for QB's) and Oliver has a share a minimum with Mathews back, I think he would want more but I don't know.. typically a Manning owner on a re-draft league spent a big pick on the guy meaning he may want the kitchen sink thrown in and a kidney... If you have more to offer and you want Manning expect a counter offer. Mannings value is high and will remain that way.

Agreed. From his viewpoint yes his RBs are crap, but he knows his QB makes up the difference sometimes..... so now he will have a decent RB and significantly lower QB. I wouldn't take it, I'd want a better player along with Ellington, & Oliver is semi-worthless at this point with Mathews back