[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Rookie with a question....

IrishPride

First year Keeper league, How difficult in your opinion is it drafting the second year? I'd like to keep Beckham (FA) and Nelson (2nd round) but I have Hyde who was a (12th round)? We don't pick keepers until 1hr before next years draft? Is there a lot of talent left in 2nd year draft? Its a 12 team league, so that eliminates 24 players from Draft? Running back could be thin, making Hyde, with Gores age and contract issues and 12th round pick forfeit the better move? I'd be giving up a 12/15 instead of a 2/15? Not sure where the value is?

Edited by IrishPride

Locking in keepers that early is tough, so much can happen in the offseason. My keeper league locks a week before we draft, which provides a lot more clarity. I have found that if you have a truly elite player, particularly a RB, they should be kept. It's going to be hard to get a read on that without knowing where the FA's like Murray end up.

Given the timeline, I would try to focus on value guys. So your OBJ option is probably a good one. I would only lock up high draft equity on studs who have a predictable situation. Jordy in the second would be alright as GB just gave him a hugh extension. I'd really study up on the 49ers cap situation and the local media chatter regarding Gore before I kept Hyde, but if Gore is gone, 12th round will be awesome value for Hyde next year.

Edited by BA Baracus

I just looked up settings and you are correct, I gave you bad information, it states must be selected 1hr before next years draft. I'm sure the Huddle will have something at end of season and the forum will have several threads. Just really wondering what will be kept? 1hr before draft doesn't leave much time to plan a draft strategy? Should be interesting....I edited the op...

Edited by IrishPride