[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff favorable matchups?

Blasto95

I've been starting to look ahead at my playoff weeks for a little while now. I'm sure some of you have also. Is there an article or could someone shed some light on the teams with the most favorable matchups for playoff weeks.

I'm locked in as the #2 seed at least and have a bye the first round. Perosonally I'm only concerned with weeks 14 and 15 but I know for others playoffs range from week 13-16.

So what's your guys opinons for matchups on the following weeks? Whose a must add for the playoff stretch and who to avoid?

Anybody who plays for a NFC South team has a nasty end of the year schedule; ARI, SF, SEA all play each other at least once, some twice.

Unfortunately I have the one unfavorable matchup there. I have Kaepernick playing Seattle week 15 which is my championship, he also plays them week 13. I've been looking at tannehill and Stanton as good replacements. I missed out on cam newton who should destroy TB week 15

At SEA, no less...I'd probably lean Tannehill as prospective use for that week, or if analysis presents at least a good target, try and trade for a better QB before the deadline

Huddle has strengh of schedule info as do other sites.

Also those teams you guys are talking about are NFC West, the teams in NFC South should be banished to the USFL.

This.

Don't just stare at the team schedule. Go directly to the Huddle SOS tool by position. Word of caution, look beyond the playoff schedules based on the entire year to date (i.e. from week1 to week 11, and then weeks 13 to 16). While that's very useful, also see how the opposition has performed over the last 4 to 6 six weeks. For example, teams may have been strong stopping the run earlier in the year but have since weakened due to injuries or others factors over the last month. That applies to New Orleans. Looking week 1 to 11 it appears they have the 3rd easiest RB schedule. But reset that to weeks 8 to 11 and they drop to the bottom of the list.

Play with the tool. It's very helpful but apply some judgement as well.

• Like 1

Also if teams are trending in one direction recently, look at the strengh of their opponents. I and others fell for the Browns were improved against the run after TB-OAK-CIN, then they got pounded by HOU. (Browns run d did improve some, but against weaker run offense. Then had some injuries, and faced a very good running team in the Texans.)

PS the Strengh of Schedule tool is part of the Huddle pay site, so if you're not a member you won't be able to get to it. They have a ton of info for a fair price.