[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tate Released

Suture

Before this weekend game local media was reporting he was not happy with his role in the offense. I'm guessing the Browns felt like he might catch on with another team so they cut him and save some salary this year (not sure of cap implications).

Good luck to him wherever he lands, sorry it didn't work out in Cleveland (I like the rookies and going with them is better for a team that is still rebuilding).

Yippie!!! :pickle:

The FF gods shat on me this morning with the AP news. They let me sulk for a hours but then rewarded me with the Tate move (in my fantasy Fantasy world the gods had the Browns cut Tate just for me!).

My RBs are Foster, Charles, Blue, AP, Tate and Crowell. Sure I lose AP but Crowell could be a great flex AND Tate may land in the aforementioned. Would be very happy with Tate in Indy.

Here's some numbers courtesy of PFF:

Ben Tate was hit behind the LOS on 27.4% of his carries in Cleveland, highest rate among RBs with min. 100 carries.

Cleveland RBs were hit behind LOS 16.9% of carries with Mack on the field. 29% since his injury.

• Like 1

Here's some numbers courtesy of PFF:

Ben Tate was hit behind the LOS on 27.4% of his carries in Cleveland, highest rate among RBs with min. 100 carries.

Cleveland RBs were hit behind LOS 16.9% of carries with Mack on the field. 29% since his injury.

Wow. That's telling. From what I've seen of Crowell he's quick to the hole albeit with more recklessness than perhaps the Browns would like. He continues with that style and more fumbles will follow. And he'll follow Tate out of town.

:coach: Paging Mr. West.

Edited by wpayers
  • Like 1

Wow. That's telling. From what I've seen of Crowell he's quick to the hole albeit with more recklessness than perhaps the Browns would like. He continues with that style and more fumbles will follow. And he'll follow Tate out of town.

:coach: Paging Mr. West.

Sad, but likely true.

Surprised nobody has pushed the idea of him going to Baltimore on this thread (outside of one post mentioning a litany of teams). Tate has history with Gary Kubiak, and I doubt they are sold on Justin Forsett as a feature back. Forsett more or less fell into that role out of necessity. I don't think Tate would be anointed a feature back in BAL, but I do think he would get in the neighborhood of 10-12 carries as an early down runner. I have no idea if he is good at blitz pickup or not - guessing he's nothing special there.

I must say they know how to keep it interesting in Cleveland: trade (dump) TRich midyear, Gordon up in smoke, grab Johnny trademark, welcome back the prodigal son Gordon and release big FA signee Tate. When do they hire Lebron to punt?

Oh yeah, they may make the playoffs for the first time in what seems like 75 years (yes I know it was 2002).

• Like 1