[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade or Stand Pat?

Peeyotch

I'm a virtual lock for the playoffs in a 12 team PPR league, but I'm looking for ways to further strengthen my team.

(Start 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX)

RB: Murray, Ellington, Blue, Stewart, Riddick

WR: D. Thomas, Cobb, Edelman, J. Matthews, Cooks (out)

TE: Reed, Rudolph

Idea 1: Offer up Ellington for L. Bell. It's a bit lopsided, but his owner just might take it since he has a crisis at RB. All he has is L. Bell (bye), Ball (hurt), and Sankey. He has to win this week to keep his hopes alive for a playoff spot. I'd be rolling with Blue or whoever I can get off the wire for this week as RB2, but I'm facing a pretty weak team and would probably still win. This seems like a big enough upgrade to make it worth the risk this week.

Idea 2: Attempt to get Gronk or Graham.I imagine I'd have to give up Cobb to get either of them. This would basically force me to play Edelman and Matthews ROS unless I hit a waiver-wire miracle or Foster is injured further (or make more trades). Is it worth hamstringing my WR flexibility to get an elite TE, especially since I just lost Cooks?

What do you think?

If you can get Bell for Ellington that would be a great move. Your reasoning is sound. I would send that out and see if he bites. If you give up Cobb to get one of those TE's your not improving your team, so I would hold onto Cobb

Edited by Finn5033

If you can get bell, definitely do it. He went off last night and the steelers FINALLY kept feeding him the ball like everyone has wanted them to do all year. Bell has incredible match ups the rest of the year, i think he will be the #1 rb the rest of the year in FF. He runs hard, has amazing vison and with the weight he lost, he is a TON more elusive as we saw last night and not to mention he is arguably the best receiving RB in the league. I am Le'veon Bell owner and i love the guy.

If he doesn't do Ellington for Bell straight up, maybe throw Blue in there as well, if foster is out again this week, Blue will be a stud for someone like him who has rbs on byes and needs a replacement. I have bell on a bye too and i just made a trade for Denard Robinson, who even when bell returns next week, Robinson will still be a solid flex start for me week in and week out.

I wouldn't deal Cobb in an effort to get Graham or Gronk, as it will take Cobb and probably another decent player. You are fine with those TEs considering your other strengths. And yeah, trade Blue with Ellington to get Bell.

Please help with my question: http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/432285-should-i-make-this-trade/