[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Josh Gordon a must start....?

chiefswarpath

I'm starting him over Julio Jones given my other two are Jordy and Dem Thomas. Julio has underperformed this season. I obviously have a lot of confidence in him vs. Julio this week, but let's see if the gamble pays off. You never know.

:nerd:

Turbo,

I am sitting Jones for Gordon too. Going to start Gordon along with Bryant and Cobb.

Ha doing the same to go with OBJ and Evans

• Like 1

I agree most owners will start him, and unless you have other great options that makes sense. But I still think people are expecting too much.

Cameron Jordan is still not practicing, and could easily miss another game (or the rest of the season, or even his career).

For a little reality check, see DMD's projections, 5-80,1. Well below his return in week 3 last year.

Pretty sure DMD didn't predict what he did his first game back last year either so I am starting him with confidence as his ceiling is sky's the limit

Pretty sure DMD didn't predict what he did his first game back last year either so I am starting him with confidence as his ceiling is sky's the limit

DUH really, considering Gordon wasn't the reigning receiving yardage leader what did he have to go on to say Gordon would be so great.

His prediction was 4 receoptions for 50 yards.

http://www.thehuddle.com/2013/season/03/game-prediction-cle-min.php

I give up, I'm not trying to convince people to sit him, just to be realistic.

Even long proven great WR like Megatron have down games. A guy who hasn't seen game action in 3 months is going to be rusty. The Browns are not as devoid of options as they were last year, and they run the ball more.

DUH really, considering Gordon wasn't the reigning receiving yardage leader what did he have to go on to say Gordon would be so great.

His prediction was 4 receoptions for 50 yards.

http://www.thehuddle...ion-cle-min.php

I give up, I'm not trying to convince people to sit him, just to be realistic.

Even long proven great WR like Megatron have down games. A guy who hasn't seen game action in 3 months is going to be rusty. The Browns are not as devoid of options as they were last year, and they run the ball more.

Why are you trying to convince them of anything? There's nothing wrong with differing opinions, the point of this place shouldn't be to prove who is right & who is wrong at fantasy football but rather to offer up your opinion and let others weigh that & decide for themselves.

I happen to agree on having too high expectations on Gordon. I believe that the Browns will be looking to ease Gordon back in and will therefore be leaning very heavily on the run game. Gordon will get a decent number of touches & may even score a TD, but from a confidence & chemistry standpoint I think it may take a game or two before Hoyer & Gordon get on the same page.

• Like 1

I haven't masterfully managed my way to a 7-4 record (complete with angst, anxiety, and mild bouts of depression) to finally be able to put him in the lineup just to be eased in!! It's time for the kid to blaze up a different brand of grass!!

Seriously, though, 12 pts is all I'm asking for to start with...anything more is gravy

I haven't masterfully managed my way to a 7-4 record (complete with angst, anxiety, and mild bouts of depression) to finally be able to put him in the lineup just to be eased in!! It's time for the kid to blaze up a different brand of grass!!

Seriously, though, 12 pts is all I'm asking for to start with...anything more is gravy

Yeah, and the more I think about it, the more I'm kinda leaving the same way. If he can match the average of Landry on my squad, which I think is realistic, then starting him didn't seem like as much of a risk. However, the upside with Gordon is what keeps nudging me in the back to make the switch.

Practice last Thursday, to be exact...he looked GREAT!!! !!

You know what Montee and Gordon have in common?

????

They both run better than Hillman!

Why are you trying to convince them of anything? There's nothing wrong with differing opinions, the point of this place shouldn't be to prove who is right & who is wrong at fantasy football but rather to offer up your opinion and let others weigh that & decide for themselves.

I happen to agree on having too high expectations on Gordon. I believe that the Browns will be looking to ease Gordon back in and will therefore be leaning very heavily on the run game. Gordon will get a decent number of touches & may even score a TD, but from a confidence & chemistry standpoint I think it may take a game or two before Hoyer & Gordon get on the same page.

Just bugs me that so many dismiss the possibility, saying there's no way he is eased back in. That is why I specifically stated I'm not trying to convince people to sit him and I'm not really trying to convince people of anything. And I won't come back and say I told you so if I'm right and he is limited and produces low numbers. Just a homer who follows my team providing my opinion.

I will say he is starting for his owner in my league (along with Crabtree & Maclin and over Garcon & Steve Smith).

Just bugs me that so many dismiss the possibility, saying there's no way he is eased back in. That is why I specifically stated I'm not trying to convince people to sit him and I'm not really trying to convince people of anything. And I won't come back and say I told you so if I'm right and he is limited and produces low numbers. Just a homer who follows my team providing my opinion.

I will say he is starting for his owner in my league (along with Crabtree & Maclin and over Garcon & Steve Smith).

Starting over Steve Smith could be a mistake given the Saints secondary is in a shambles. As for Garcon, at this point I'd start a backup TE before I'd put him in a lineup.

Hmm,,,,Coach says Gordon will be on pitch count. As long as it's not a catch count I am Ok with it.

http://www.rotoworld...282/josh-gordon

If anybody clicks the link make sure to search for the news story about the pitch count, the most recent one doesn't make it clear

Here it the full text that I believe wpayers was referring to (even that says it is unclear if the pitch count is for the game or practices)

Coach Mike Pettine said Wednesday that Josh Gordon will be on a "pitch count" this week.

It's a bit unclear if Pettine was referring to practices or Sunday's game against the Falcons. What is clear is that he's trying to temper expectations. "There needs to be a progression. The trap to fall into is, 'Hey, he's back and let's just go ahead and throw him out there for a bunch of plays.' There's certainly danger inherent in doing that," said Pettine, who also talked to Ross Tucker about research the Browns have done on higher injury rates after long layoffs. We're not expecting Gordon to play 100 percent of the snaps Sunday after three months off, but even a limited Gordon is a must-play in season-long formats. He's a legit All-Pro talent for a playoff-contending team desperately in need of weaponry

Atlanta sucks on defense. I think it's a mistake to sit Gordon in somewhat of a dream matchup on paper. No guts, no glory. And honestly, it doesn't really take guts to put Gordon in there.

Specifically, with Gordon's potential alone, your better options would need to be:

Demaryius

Jordy

Dez

A.J. Green

T.Y. Hilton (toss-up, though he shredded Jax last time)

Alshon / Marshall

Mike Evans (how do you bench a guy this on fire?)

Edited by MTSuper7