[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Josh Gordon a must start....?

chiefswarpath

Ok before I read too many posts, let me say I'll eat some crow, he did produce very good numbers, more than I expected. He was on the field more than was expected (based on most reports from the Browns).

However, he was a little rusty. If you didn't see the game or read a lot about it there were several lost opportunities on some big plays. Not sure if it was mostly Hoyer with bad throws (he had plenty) or them just being out of sync (one announcer kept saying they appear to not be on the same page). As I was alluding to this past week, missing 2 weeks after being in camp all year is very different from missing some time in camp (while suspension appeals were being held) and then missing 10 games through 11 weeks.

I'd like to see what he could do with a good QB. Usually the QB makes the WR but in Gordon's case it is the exact opposite.

So Hoyer will look much better the next 5 weeks with Gordon? It was Gordon's first game back and Hoyer threw 3 INT, one Gordon just gave up on a ball in the EZ and watched the defender come down with it. Hopefully that was just his being a little rusty. Loved the play that was a reverse where Gordon was planning to pass, when he picked up rather than try to run away he just threw it out of bounds very smart move.

Not ripping on Gordon, just pointing out some facts after watching the game (since all most see are highlights and stats).

Ok before I read too many posts, let me say I'll eat some crow, he did produce very good numbers, more than I expected. He was on the field more than was expected (based on most reports from the Browns).

However, he was a little rusty. If you didn't see the game or read a lot about it there were several lost opportunities on some big plays. Not sure if it was mostly Hoyer with bad throws (he had plenty) or them just being out of sync (one announcer kept saying they appear to not be on the same page). As I was alluding to this past week, missing 2 weeks after being in camp all year is very different from missing some time in camp (while suspension appeals were being held) and then missing 10 games through 11 weeks.

Played 52 of 75 snaps (most of any WR).

Played 52 of 75 snaps (most of any WR).

Wow that is a lot. Seemed he was also off the field a lot, maybe I don't pay attention to personnel on the field much, but the cameras were showing him, and you'd see him make a play, then go back to the sidelines. Or there'd be a big play and they'd mention he wasn't on the field.

Seemed like they had 2 TE out there more often too, and the WR were being shuffled a lot (Hawkins, Austin, Benjamin, Gabriel, were all out there for more than just a few snaps).

Wow that is a lot. Seemed he was also off the field a lot, maybe I don't pay attention to personnel on the field much, but the cameras were showing him, and you'd see him make a play, then go back to the sidelines. Or there'd be a big play and they'd mention he wasn't on the field.

Seemed like they had 2 TE out there more often too, and the WR were being shuffled a lot (Hawkins, Austin, Benjamin, Gabriel, were all out there for more than just a few snaps).

TE & WR Offensive Snaps Played

G Barnidge TE 52

J Gordon WR 52

M Austin WR 47

A Hawkins WR 46

J Dray TE 39

T Gabriel WR 21

T Benjamin WR 19

• Like 1

I didn't see the game, and find this assessment interesting. Browns coaches cautioned about Hoyer having "tunnel vision" for his new target.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually thinking about benching him for Keenan this weekend. With the QB issues and potential money manziel coming in midway through the game, it just doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

Allen should have a solid game especially in a shoot out against NE but I'm not benching Gordon.

Edited by irish

Colts RCB Vontae Davis (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 14 against the Browns.

Josh Gordon is licking his chops. Darius Butler and Josh Gordy will be forced into heavier snaps opposite LCB Greg Toler. All three cornerbacks are easily burnable. Gordon runs routes all over the formation as the Browns' X receiver, so he'll see some of all three. He's a locked-in, must-start with WR1 overall upside.

Yep, with this news I'd say Gordon is in for a huge day, must start for sure now if not already.

I'm actually thinking about benching him for Keenan this weekend. With the QB issues and potential money manziel coming in midway through the game, it just doesn't seem like a recipe for success.

I've been an Allen apologist this year but this week, against the Pats with Reevis likely on him, I want no part of him. Gordon against a Vontae-less Colts team is a strong play.