[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latavius Murray

lennykravitz2004

Concussion ends his night early. Too bad too, looked to be having a huge night.

On a side note, was that helmet to helmet called a penalty? Or can defenders legally tackle running backs like that?

Defenders can usually hit RBs like that.

Yeah, I wouldn't have started him anyway, but it's good to know I won't have to fight for him on the waiver Monday.

Yup, I have him in almost every league I'm in. But with the concussion and his upright running style, I'm afraid that he's gonna be quite injury prone.

MJD is in. Can you think of any NFL stud RB who has looked as completely gassed and slow as MJD? And yet they still give him carries in games even though he doesn't even end up with positive yardage at time. MJD was such a warrior only a few years back it is hard to watch what he has become. He's just cashing checks by this point.

• Like 2

i know, right? he"s only gotten me 11 so far, tonight (but, would be 14 with 20 more rushing yds!)...and, what was up with that last series red zone play calling, andy??? JC didn't get one touch!!!

Edited by the outlaw

Well, what can I say. If you play like crap, you lose. Even against the raiders. I'm sensing this could be a turning point in the season for KC, and not in a good way. Tight playoff race in the AFC, and the Chiefs have a pretty tough schedule down the stretch - can't afford to piss away "easy" games like this, when matchups against Denver, San Diego, Arizona, and Pittsburgh are awaiting. I could see this team easily missing the playoffs, or at best, just limping in like last year. So f'n frustrating, when things were finally starting to look good.

Well, what can I say. If you play like crap, you lose. Even against the raiders. I'm sensing this could be a turning point in the season for KC, and not in a good way. Tight playoff race in the AFC, and the Chiefs have a pretty tough schedule down the stretch - can't afford to piss away "easy" games like this, when matchups against Denver, San Diego, Arizona, and Pittsburgh are awaiting. I could see this team easily missing the playoffs, or at best, just limping in like last year. So f'n frustrating, when things were finally starting to look good.

Short week after a tough game they got up for against a good opponent at home. This had all the makings of a trap game but I honestly never saw it actually happening. I don't see anything wrong with them other than a look past them type of letdown. They'll be pissed they let it happen and be back strong next week.

Defenders can usually hit RBs like that.

For some reason I thought they changed that rule either last year or the the year before to include all intentional helmet-to-helmet hits. I only remember because the Saints fans were going on about the hit PT took knocking him out in the playoffs a few years back against San Fran and how it would be an illegal hit now.

http://espn.go.com/n...ible-concussion

Murray was taken to the Raiders' locker room late in the second quarter to be examined for a possible concussion. No official word was given on Murray's condition after halftime but the team announced he was not returning.

He left Oakland's locker room without talking to reporters, but his teammates were effusive in their praise of Murray, who has been third-string on the depth chart all season.

Quarterback Derek Carr gushed about the running back.

"My goodness, the guy did a great job," Carr said. "I'm trying to think of a lot of good things to say about him but there's too many. He gave us a spark, and it was really good."

The good news for Murray is that the Raiders have a nine-day break before playing at St. Louis. That gives him a few extra days to recover and pass the NFL-mandated concussion protocol.

For some reason I thought they changed that rule either last year or the the year before to include all intentional helmet-to-helmet hits. I only remember because the Saints fans were going on about the hit PT took knocking him out in the playoffs a few years back against San Fran and how it would be an illegal hit now.

for some reason I believe it's illegal if the RB is outside the tackles. It's very possible that I'm full of honda