[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latavius Murray

lennykravitz2004

for some reason I believe it's illegal if the RB is outside the tackles. It's very possible that I'm full of honda

Makes sense since the RB lowers his head going into the pile, but then again, we're talking about NFL rules here.

I hope the kid's OK. Not just because of fantasy football either. 6th rounder FINALLY gets his shot, and then this happens. After living the GSOT years here and seeing Warner go through his peaks and valleys, these are the stories I live for from the game. Undrafted London Fletcher from John Carroll University playing forever. Players like this. I hope he has a 100%, safe, and speedy recovery.

• Like 2

For some reason I thought they changed that rule either last year or the the year before to include all intentional helmet-to-helmet hits. I only remember because the Saints fans were going on about the hit PT took knocking him out in the playoffs a few years back against San Fran and how it would be an illegal hit now.

for some reason I believe it's illegal if the RB is outside the tackles. It's very possible that I'm full of honda

Yeah, between the tackles, limited to something like the first 5 yards, is "legal". After that it's supposed to be a flag but I don't think we've seen one yet.

Yeah, between the tackles, limited to something like the first 5 yards, is "legal". After that it's supposed to be a flag but I don't think we've seen one yet.

It's a penalty on the RB if he lowers his head and uses the crown of his helmet but only on runs between the tackles.

On his 90 yard TD was it because of his skill, or did the defense miss a play. What I am trying to ask is which was the bigger factor?

Murray made a nice cut, but there was basically no secondary help to speak of. The one CB was on the other side of the field, and there was only one safety who wasn't in a great position to help either. Once Murray had gone 10 yards, it was pretty clear he was going 90. Not to detract from his performance, as he looked quite a bit better than the other Oakland RBs, but he had several things working in his favor on that play.

• Like 1

Murray made a nice cut, but there was basically no secondary help to speak of. The one CB was on the other side of the field, and there was only one safety who wasn't in a great position to help either. Once Murray had gone 10 yards, it was pretty clear he was going 90. Not to detract from his performance, as he looked quite a bit better than the other Oakland RBs, but he had several things working in his favor on that play.

I wouldn't take anything away either. In situations like this I usually think of the player as one who has the skill,vision and speed to take advantage of those situations; which to me is a plus in a player. When Cleveland played Tampa on one play I saw West go through an opening that looked like the Holland tunnel as if he were on a stroll. He was tackled right away. A little burst and some speed and he would have been gone for a TD, so for me those big yardage plays in a game fall into the skill set of the player who makes them.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious where the news is coming from about Sparano saying LM isn't going to be the workhorse back for the rest of the season. Nothing I've read seems to infer that, just that they want to get him more touches. Derek Carr seems on board for LM being the horse, for whatever that's worth.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/12/03/raiders-latavius-murray-cleared-to-play/19865675/

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders/ci_27061267/raiders-latavius-murray-track-return

I'm curious where the news is coming from about Sparano saying LM isn't going to be the workhorse back for the rest of the season. Nothing I've read seems to infer that, just that they want to get him more touches. Derek Carr seems on board for LM being the horse, for whatever that's worth.

http://www.usatoday....-play/19865675/

http://www.mercuryne...ay-track-return

Where did you see the info that Sparano doesn't want him to be the workhorse? I missed it but admit I'm paying less attention since my season is over.

Per Roto:

Raiders coach Tony Sparano told Sirius XM Radio on Wednesday that Latavius Murray will not be utilized as a workhorse down the stretch.

The Raiders are synonymous with losing, and virtually all of their actions continue to reinforce that indisputable notion. We suppose Maurice Jones-Drew might "need more touches," as Sparano hilariously stated earlier in the year. It sounds like Murray will be part of a committee attack with washed-up Jones-Drew, dunzo Darren McFadden, and always-underutilized Marcel Reece. Latavius will be a low-floor, high-ceiling flex play versus San Francisco.

Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Dec 3 - 8:12 PM

• Like 1

Gosh darn. Don't want to turn this into a WDIS thing but I'm stuck between a slug (T-Rich) and a huge question mark (Murray).

It's either get 6-9 points from T-Rich.... 0-15 out of Murray... or gamble with Grice, who could be somewhere in the middle.

:bash: