[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RG3 start or bench

FastSteve

Two leagues

League A 8 team non keeper PPR start 2 QB

Pass TD=4, rush TD=6, every 25 yards passing=1, bonus point for 50+ yard TD, 400+ yard passing=3,

every 5 completions=2, every 10 yards rushing=1

Have Peyton Manning-obviously starting. Between RG3 & Dalton, who do I take? RG3 has bad match up, SF who in this league ranks 8th against the QB & 3RD against the RB-not good for a QB that can run. Dalton on the other hand faces HOU & they rank 21st against QB. Far more favorable & he is coming off a solid game while RG3 is coming off a bad one & facing a tough go. Who do I start as QB2?

League B 8 team keeper PPR start 2 QB

Pass TD=4, rush TD=6, every 25 yards passing=1, pass completion=0.5, bonus point 50+ yard TD

300-399 passing yards=1, 400+=5, 10 yards rushing=1

QB=RG3, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, Cam Newton

Newton obviously non factor being on a bye. I am torn between the other 3. As I said in the first part, RG3 has a terrible match up. SF is tough both against the QB & the run. Smith is generally consistent but not spectacular & OAK is right middle of the pack against the QB. Smith plays in the Thursday night game. Flacco is right middle of the pack among QB's & has a favorable match up as NO is ranked as giving up the 7th most points against the QB. Which 2 do I start? I am leaning Smith & Flacco. Agree? Disagree?

Bottom line is I am concerned with RG3 after his poor performance & his head coach calling him out.

A Smith is not a fantasy viable QB. I view Cam as the same as RG3 just w/ better weapons to turn to, but I don't think I could start either. Flacco ain't great, but I'd have to see him with both more upside and consistency...just noticed Ginger Dalton listed, too. I'd view him same as Flacco with even better weapons.

Edited by sksmith

A Smith is not a fantasy viable QB. I view Cam as the same as RG3 just w/ better weapons to turn to, but I don't think I could start either. Flacco ain't great, but I'd have to see him with both more upside and consistency...just noticed Ginger Dalton listed, too. I'd view him same as Flacco with even better weapons.

Well these are the QB have & in each league I need to start 2. So which 2 is it?

It's pretty clear from my reply how I value/rank your available QB choices. If you want me to actually set your lineup, I require monetary compensation

It's pretty clear from my reply how I value/rank your available QB choices. If you want me to actually set your lineup, I require monetary compensation

Well the whole damn idea of this forum is for people to give an option on who they would start. Your response gave no answer but a critique of my QB's. I already paid to be on this site, thank you very much for wasting my time. I am getting damn sick of this. I answer people all the time on this damn forum but I have to beg to get even one damn REAL response. Thanks for wasting my time with smart ass responses. Have a nice day!

Now can anyone actually give me an opinion on who to start? Not just how close in value each of these QB's are. I realize that & its why the hell I am asking for opinions, not to set my lineup for me. Five hours & not one REAL response.

Edited by FastSteve

Speaking personally, I don't even read your posts (and hence, don't answer them) because you put SOOO much information into a long inital post, I wanted to comment "tl;dr" but I didn't want to be an a-hole. I have a feeling I'm not alone in opening your posts and saying "Holy crap, never mind" and going on to another simpler question (e.g. smaller, and easily answered while having the TV going)

Concerning sksmith's original post, he did make it abundantly clear which order he would list the QBs through his comments on each, so while maybe you want a list or broken down into a long post like your own (some people like tons of details, I get that), no one is beholden to respond to posts, but when they do take their opinions as they come.

And FYI, I've had several of my own smaller posts ignored as well by the majority of readers on here, and yes I understand it can be maddening. I don't know why people sometimes ignore mine, but I feel like I understand why they ignore yours, so I wanted to share it so you would understand and maybe correct it for better responses. Good luck; I mean that, no sarcasm.

Speaking personally, I don't even read your posts (and hence, don't answer them) because you put SOOO much information into a long inital post, I wanted to comment "tl;dr" but I didn't want to be an a-hole. I have a feeling I'm not alone in opening your posts and saying "Holy crap, never mind" and going on to another simpler question (e.g. smaller, and easily answered while having the TV going)

Concerning sksmith's original post, he did make it abundantly clear which order he would list the QBs through his comments on each, so while maybe you want a list or broken down into a long post like your own (some people like tons of details, I get that), no one is beholden to respond to posts, but when they do take their opinions as they come.

And FYI, I've had several of my own smaller posts ignored as well by the majority of readers on here, and yes I understand it can be maddening. I don't know why people sometimes ignore mine, but I feel like I understand why they ignore yours, so I wanted to share it so you would understand and maybe correct it for better responses. Good luck; I mean that, no sarcasm.

And I put that info in there so people can have proper information for their response. I cant tell you how many times I have seen people respond to a post, only to see them say they NEED MORE INFORMATION to answer properly. And damn, people cant take 90 seconds, maybe, maybe 2 minutes to read a post? REALLY! Talk about impatient. And I often times will respond to at least a handful of threads when I post. As for sksmith, he basically told me he wouldn't start any of the QB I have, thereby not answering the question of which of these QB would you start out of this group.

Allow me to translate:

Dalton

Flacco

Cam

A. Smith

and you talk about other people's inability to spend a few seconds reading something...

And yes, I agree with you that people sometimes need to put more information such as their lineups or the other person's lineup. And you can gripe about people not reading, but... most people (as you've complained about, and posted about) don't respond, so maybe just take what I said with the well-intentioned meaning behind it and either adjust your posts, or ignore it and continue to not get many responses?

Drop 'em all and go pickup Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Football (speculatively, of course) and ride your way toward glory!

After you've done that, get in the shower and wash the sand out of your vag! This is a damn internet forum, free of charge, where individuals discuss fantasy football at their leisure...not some "tell me what to do because I can't decide" service. Man up, evaluate your own team, take the opinions of others when offered into the analysis, and make a freaking choice! Your idiotic posts of "????" are why you got a sarcastic response, and judging by the way you responded it was the correct method of reply. I am not going to tell you who to start, I only do that for my team. I'll give you my opinion on who has the best value/potential, but the end decision is solely yours.

Good luck this week

Drop 'em all and go pickup Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Football (speculatively, of course) and ride your way toward glory!

After you've done that, get in the shower and wash the sand out of your vag! This is a damn internet forum, free of charge, where individuals discuss fantasy football at their leisure...not some "tell me what to do because I can't decide" service. Man up, evaluate your own team, take the opinions of others when offered into the analysis, and make a freaking choice! Your idiotic posts of "????" are why you got a sarcastic response, and judging by the way you responded it was the correct method of reply. I am not going to tell you who to start, I only do that for my team. I'll give you my opinion on who has the best value/potential, but the end decision is solely yours.

Good luck this week

So you got on here for free? Can you tell me how you managed that so when my membership is up to the huddle, I can just ride for free here?

This forum is wholly separate from The Huddle's pay-site material...it's like the difference between ESPN and ESPN Insider

Edited by sksmith