Trade Julio for Gordon straight up?

Finn5033

If you can do it, I would before it's too late:

Josh Gordon told ex-Browns WR Nate Burleson that he plans to "tear this league up" upon his return from a 10-game suspension.

Whooo boy! Via Burleson, Gordon recently said, "I'm going to lose 10-15 pounds. When I come back, I'm going to tear this league up." Observers at Browns practice Wednesday said Gordon looked sharp running routes and in shape during the 15 or so minutes open to the media. The Browns have alluded to easing Gordon back into the picture, but Falcons coach Mike Smith isn't buying it. And neither are we. Cleveland is in the middle of a dogfight for a playoff spot. Gordon is an otherworldly talent. Expect him to be plugged in as the X receiver and start ripping cornerbacks to shreds. We're on board with firing Gordon up as an immediate WR1.

So anyone that thinks Josh Gordon is a better TALENT than Julio Jones overall... is WRONG.

And i will fight anyone to the death on that.. Jones might be a little inconsistent lately, but he is a BETTER talent and has a higher ceiling I DONT CARE what anyone says about Gordon he ripped it up last year, I like him alot, hes great, but Julio is the man.

And that is the crux of your issue: It's NOT all about talent, but it's also about opportunities (if not more so than talent). Also, reading is fundamental!

I never said Gordon is more talented than Jones... I said I would trade Jones for Gordon right this very minute if given the chance. Jones doesn't have the opportunities Gordon does because his QB is constantly under siege because 1) his o-line blows, and 2) they don't run the ball well enough to take pressure off. Thus, in FANTASY Jones doesn't score or do enough consistently. Period.

Meanwhile, the Browns have a QB holding off a 1st round pick, a sound running game, a very sound defense, and two Pro Bowlers on their o-line, and that aforementioned QB has plenty of juice to get the rock to Gordon. The Browns are also locked in a race for the division title and a playoff spot. OPPORTUNITY.

So anyone that thinks Josh Gordon is a better TALENT than Julio Jones overall... is WRONG.

And i will fight anyone to the death on that.. Jones might be a little inconsistent lately, but he is a BETTER talent and has a higher ceiling I DONT CARE what anyone says about Gordon he ripped it up last year, I like him alot, hes great, but Julio is the man.

I agree with you buddy. Julio Jones is an overall better player and has a much higher ceiling than Gordon. As a fellow more than frustrated Jones owner, I thought about trading him numerous times because of his ridiculous inconsistentcy but let's be honest, it's not his fault, the targets are definitely there but the falcons offensive line has been so bad this year, Matt Ryan doesn't have the time to cut It loose to Jones down the field. I also drafted Jones as my Wr1 and the first 3 weeks i was very happy with his production, points of 9,14, and 28. Then they're line was decimated with injuries and thats when the big plays stopped for him. I'm sticking with Jones, mainly because the trade deadline passed for my league today, but I'm definitely not benching him, he WILL go off sooner or later, could even be this week against the browms, Joe Haden will most likely shadow Jones all game but Haden Struggles with Bigger, Faster receivers like Jones so don't give up on him just yet!

Josh Gordon is a stud, there's no doubt about it and i was trying to trade for him and Sammy watkins and i would have if my deadline didn't pass already today, but Jones is a freak when it comes to size and speed and talent. Gordon is big and runs crisp routes but he's not explosive like Jones is.

So you prove my point: Jones is amazingly talented, but isn't producing because of his circumstances and lack of opportunity. You don't get points for "talent", you get points for production, period. Gordon will produce (on all accounts, I obviously don't have a crystal ball), and Jones is NOT because of his situation and complete lack of opportunities. The fact that those lack of opportunities isn't Jones' fault is immaterial... he's not producing, period.

I can't go wrong either way I think. My trade deadline is in a couple days. I have made a bunch of trades and mortgaged my future next year to construct what I feel is a team that should win the league this year. Julio is my weak link right now so I feel like swapping him for Gordon wouldn't hurt me at all but could possibly help me. This discussion has nothing to do with talent it has to do with opportunity as others have said. The guy who has Gordon is interested but not sure right now so I may not be able to. But would strongly consider it if he says he will

Edited by Finn5033

Whatever you end up doing, good luck!! Sounds like you're going balls out for this year's title! :)

Thanks I am. 10 team .5pt ppr we play 3 WR/TE spots so you don't have to play a TE. I am 8-3 two other guys at 9-2 I made a deal for Forte that I believe makes me the favorite to win it all. I know FF is a crap shoot but my only 3 losses are to the guys at 9-2 and I didn't have Forte when I played them.

Peyton Manning / keeper from last year

Demarco Murray

Matt Forte - traded my 1st round pick next year for him

Maclin

Julio

Marshal

Dan Bailey

streaming Packers and Arizona ROS.

Edited by Finn5033

Nice! And great work getting Forte! We have 5 keepers in my one league and I kept Cam (ugh), Ball (ouch), Le'Veon (yessss), Zac Stacy (ugh), and Cobb, whom I got in an off-season trade by trading this year's 1st round pick (2nd overall) for him. Young and talented and playing with Rodgers, the other guy couldn't keep all the talent on his team so I made out and now have as potential keepers Emmanuel Sanders, Cobb, Evans, ODB, Bell, Hopkins, Cam. Made a trade to get Greg Olsen (was weak at TE) and Sanders for Ball, Burns, & someone else... it worked out pretty well

Nice! And great work getting Forte! We have 5 keepers in my one league and I kept Cam (ugh), Ball (ouch), Le'Veon (yessss), Zac Stacy (ugh), and Cobb, whom I got in an off-season trade by trading this year's 1st round pick (2nd overall) for him. Young and talented and playing with Rodgers, the other guy couldn't keep all the talent on his team so I made out and now have as potential keepers Emmanuel Sanders, Cobb, Evans, ODB, Bell, Hopkins, Cam. Made a trade to get Greg Olsen (was weak at TE) and Sanders for Ball, Burns, & someone else... it worked out pretty well

you've got some great young talent there

Thankfully, but then again after drafting Ball, Bell, Stacy last year I thought I was covered for RBs for at least 5 years, and then the 2014 season happened! We start 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and a flex so I'm happy with having so many young producing WRs; just hope they continue producing next year as well :)