[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why does the Huddle have Joique Bell #14 Rest of Season Ranking?!?

KingChappy

Yet each week, the "Weekly Predictions" rate him way down the list. I just don't get some of the glaring inconsistencies that exist on a fantasy site that costs money. These guys need to assign someone to a "Quality Assurance" role that identifies these gaffes and makes the site more uniformly consistent. Sorry, just an opinion.

There is a big difference between what you think for a player this week and what the next six weeks may hold. In the case of the Lions, their matchup this week sucks @NE. But then it becomes CHI, TB, MIN, @CHI. That's a really, really nice four game stretch right when you need them most.

DMD gave the explanation, and it is valid. If you don't agree you're welcome to speak with your wallet and pay another site for their information if you think it is better.

I look at ROS when trying to decide for the long term, it has very little relevance to the numbers you expect this week or the next, it is a total big picture number. I believe they explained before it is based on past performacne, opportunity, matchup, and other factors.

DMD gave the explanation, and it is valid. If you don't agree you're welcome to speak with your wallet and pay another site for their information if you think it is better.

I try hard not to pick on you, but who the hell do you think you are speaking financials on behalf of the Huddle Staff?

• Like 2

Just for fun I looked at another site that does a similar rest of season ranking, and Bell is in the low 20s for rest of season there (ranked #23), still right in that RB2 range of rankings (that particular site had about a 2PPG difference in their projection for Bell and the #12 RB for the rest of the season)

Not saying that either is right, but with both being relatively similar in range, I'd say the #14 ranking is within reason.

No need to pile on folks. I got a suitable answer when the ADMIN suggested some of the rationale being schedule-related:

"their matchup this week sucks @NE. But then it becomes CHI, TB, MIN, @CHI."

So, I at least can see why they rank him #14 ROS. I'm not an idiot, I know that weekly projections and ROS are reporting two different things and are used for different purposes. For instance, I use ROS everytime I propose or evaluate a trade offer or waiver exchange. I use the Weekly projections to set my lineups. I love both tools and use them heavily.

This question was very specific to the Joique Bell case. I picked him up 3-4 weeks ago in a trade based at least in part on the strong ROS ranking he had even then (before the Bush injury). EVERY week since, the weekly projection has given very low expectations consistently for several weeks in a row. If the admin is correct, previewing the schedule moving forward after NE, these weekly projections are likely to move way up based on matchup.

flemingd: "I try hard not to pick on you, but who the hell do you think you are speaking financials on behalf of the Huddle Staff?"

That's kinda harsh?!? The only thing I said about financials is that, a site collecting money needs to be careful to at least strive for consistency among the varied resources offered. I have been a member since circa 1998, so my observations have 16 years behind them.

Thanks to everyone and particularly the ADMIN who took the time to provide the likely thought process behind the high ROS for Bell.

Of all the rankings ROS is the hardest to create. History combined with crystal ball equals best guess. A very inexact science. However, I must admit to relying on the Huddle ROS for most of my moves. The boys here just seem to get it right more often than not.

• Like 2

flemingd: "I try hard not to pick on you, but who the hell do you think you are speaking financials on behalf of the Huddle Staff?"

That's kinda harsh?!? The only thing I said about financials is that, a site collecting money needs to be careful to at least strive for consistency among the varied resources offered. I have been a member since circa 1998, so my observations have 16 years behind them.

It wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the person I quoted.

• Like 1

I try hard not to pick on you, but who the hell do you think you are speaking financials on behalf of the Huddle Staff?

I'm not speaking on anybody's behalf, just telling the person if they don't like what they are paying for they have options with a real effect. I personally value the info I get from the Huddle or I wouldn't be paying.

Do you enjoy the weekly daily "why did the huddle project this" threads?

Like others I'm tired of them, and when the site owner gives them the reaons and they continue with "yeah but, why?" it gets annoying.

Also sorry to the OP if he thought we were piling on, but these threads get old and are far too frequent.

• Like 1

okay flemingd, I see now it was a reply.

stevegrab, I hear ya. I can see where a frequent forum contributor might get tired of this kind of question. I guess it was just top-of-mind for me because what happened to me. Bell has not moved up or down in several weeks. The last few "weekly projections" just weren't jibing with the high ROS. If I have a criticism remaining, it would be to make the ROS a little more dynamic week-to-week. For example, if there are 8 games left, the 1st four are bad matchups, and the last 4 are great matchups, the ROS should be at its lowest week 8 and subsequently rise slowly each week as less bad matchups are in the remaining schedule. Instead, Bell has been the same for several weeks.

Overall, I am a happy Huddle subscriber. Just something I've noticed over the years....that the ROS is maybe a little too rigid and unchanging week to week.

KingChappy

The weekly strength of schedule article tries to cover that week to week stuff going forward. I use the ROS a lot and appreciated some of the recent explanations being provided by the staff about it, helps me to use it better.

And honestly of all the recent "huddle projections suck" type threads your was good, very specific and you took the staff's answers and used them.

I'm just being my usual curmudgen (sp?) and giving noobs grief for these kind of threads.

• 3 weeks later...