[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gray, Blount or Ball for weeks 16/17

metsgiantsfan

Ball won't be used, too much of a risk. And to early to gamble with NE RBs but I would bank on Gray if he gets more than 15 carries this week. Blount will be used later on once he gets his feet wet. Its just unpredictable with NE. So go Gray. But hard to run on a DET run defense this week. But he will be used a lot against the Jets and Bills.

First off, my condolences for playing fantasy in week 17, when a lot of pro lineups have their scrubs in and probably screws up a LOT of fantasy lineups.

Second, I'd go with Blount, Ball, and Gray in that order. Blount already knows the offense there in New England, he ran for 150+ yards and 4 TDs in a playoff victory over the Colts last year, so I could see them using him late in the year to keep Vereen healthy and just pound defenses. I don't see Gray being super useful because he and Blount do similar things, only Blount seems to be better at it and has been doing it longer in that offense. Ball will hopefully be healthy by then, but as the Broncos 2nd round pick last year they have a lot invested in him, so it's possible they try to get him some minutes prior to the playoffs (Peyton won't be playing much week 17, so they'll be doing a lot of running) and get him ready.

tdybaz I totally disagree. I would ride Gray, I think Blount is just there as an insurance policy. I know Gray was late or whatever today, but there's no way they sign Blount and stick him in front or Gray in my opinion. Ball is done I think with a decent performance by Anderson this week.

Ball very well might be done, it's a gamble for sure. But they're not even starting Gray on all accounts this Sunday, much less later in the year. He's a bruiser, something Blount also does. At the very least, they're going to spread the ball around and lessen the amount of touches, so Gray won't see 38 touches again

I agree with that, I definitely do not expect this to be a "Gray week." But I don't think Blount comes into play just based off what he did last year. I see him now as the Gray backup and Bolden as the Vereen backup (I may be off on that). Gray proved he could get it done in the "Ridley role" last week I think. But who the hell knows what goes through the Belichek brain.

Personally, it's a situation I try to avoid.