[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade for RB depth?

snogcel

Hey Guys -- I'm in a PPR league with following roster requirements:

1 x QB

2 x RB

3 x WR

1 x PK

1 x DEF

My roster looks like the following presently:

Aaron Rodgers

Tony Romo

Mark Sanchez

Arian Foster

Andre Ellington

Fred Jackson

Bryce Brown

Juwan Thompson

Odell Beckham

Michael Floyd

Josh Gordon

A.J. Green

Julio Jones

Phil Dawson

Matt Prater

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants

-- Question: would you suggest trading WR depth for RB? I've not yet sent out any trade offers but I'm thinking about moving Julio Jones, targeting either Mark Ingram or Alfred Morris. Trade deadline is Week 14 so I have a little bit of time yet.... how would you guys recommend proceeding?

I would use this "big" week from Julio Jones and see if you could get Ingram for him. Ultimately it depends on if the other team needs a #1 WR like Jones. But yeah, you're thinking correctly in using that massive WR depth to bolster your RBs, especially since Foster is always broken it seems, and Ellington has a rough fantasy playoff schedule

I would use this "big" week from Julio Jones and see if you could get Ingram for him. Ultimately it depends on if the other team needs a #1 WR like Jones. But yeah, you're thinking correctly in using that massive WR depth to bolster your RBs, especially since Foster is always broken it seems, and Ellington has a rough fantasy playoff schedule

Tnx for the reply - I think the team holding Ingram might be for a Julio Jones trade but haven't sent it over just yet. Spent a bit more time looking at trade alternatives and spotted a couple others:

Tony Romo for Alfred Morris (this owner would likely be more inclined to trade for a QB -- he's starting Cam Newton)

- or -

Julio Jones for Justin Forsett (I think that owner might go for a WR #1 trade)

Of those three which do you think is most appealing?

If you can get Romo for Morris I'd take it over the other two. That said I think I'd take Ingram over Julio, although I'd rather Julio than Forsett.

completely agree

Turned down on the Romo for Morris trade - need some more input guys :-)

1 -- what do you think of Romo + Julio Jones for Morris?

2 -- should opinion of Mark Ingram be changed after the tough showing last night? Hadn't sent out an offer for Julio Jones for Mark Ingram yet but wondered if you guys had any thoughts on that.

I think your giving up too much for Morris. I have him on my team and as much as I'm kicking myself in the ass the past few weeks for not starting him because he's had big games, teams are gonna start stacking the box against him until RG3 can prove he can throw the ball and not to mention the Redskins dont exactly have a good offensive line, besides All pro Tackle Trent Williams, there very weak on their line, which actually makes it that much more impressive what Morris is able to do. I like him a lot (Im also A redskins fan) and i think he finishes the year strong but Romo and Julio jones for him? He's not an Rb1 on a weekly basis, he's more of a high end rb2 and your giving up a solid QB in romo, which you have A-Rod so I'm totally fine with that, but your also giving up a Wr1 in Julio Jones. I'm also a fellow frustrated Julio Jones owner but everyone thought he would struggle against Joe Haden last week and he didn't, he scored his first TD since week 3 against him and had 12 points, his highest total since the same week 3. I like Julio Jones a lot the rest of the year and i think he re establishes himself as the elite WR1 we all drafted him as, he has a very favorable schedule and if Ryan can get decent protection from his improving offensive line, Julio will go off.

As for Mark Ingram, everyone including myself expected him to struggle against Baltimore's top ranked rush defense, and he did but the saints fell behind two scores in the game and it forced them to become one dementional and that pretty much eliminated all hope of him putting up decent numbers. I traded for him myself a few weeks ago, and i stand by my trade because the sean payton clearly stated that even when thomas and Robinson return, ingram is still the lead back amd will continue to get the bulk of the work as he should because he has been a stud since he returned from injury. If you can get him ( and now would be the time after he is coming off of games of 9 and 3 points) for a reasonable price, definitely go for it. You have Foster and Ellington as well and i expect big things from both of them the remainder of the year as well so with those three guys, you would be more than set at rb.

As for Mark Ingram, everyone including myself expected him to struggle against Baltimore's top ranked rush defense, and he did but the saints fell behind two scores in the game and it forced them to become one dementional and that pretty much eliminated all hope of him putting up decent numbers. I traded for him myself a few weeks ago, and i stand by my trade because the sean payton clearly stated that even when thomas and Robinson return, ingram is still the lead back amd will continue to get the bulk of the work as he should because he has been a stud since he returned from injury. If you can get him ( and now would be the time after he is coming off of games of 9 and 3 points) for a reasonable price, definitely go for it. You have Foster and Ellington as well and i expect big things from both of them the remainder of the year as well so with those three guys, you would be more than set at rb.

Appreciate the insights - I'm holding my breath a little bit on how Ellington and Foster will pan out but I also share your expectations. If those two come up like I think they will the playoffs should go fantastically :-)

That being said I put in a couple offers this evening --

Fred Jackson + Michael Floyd ---> Mark Ingram

Julio Jones ---> Mark Ingram

Pros and Cons for both offers -- don't need the trade to go through but would make for nice insurance on Ellington / Foster falling apart ;-)

Perfer the first offer for sure. Floyd is droppable, and I don't see you ever starting Jackson. As for the second one, I would like to see Ingram's role after last week's performance. Hopefully his struggles don't correlate with Pierre Thomas's return, and his bad game was because of the Raven's tough defense, not because Thomas was stealing a lot of his touches. If he does continue to get the majority of the work his schedule looks very favorable the rest of the way.