[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wish you could sub in a bench player before the second half started!

Regs4

How awesome would it be if you could sub in a guy or two before the 2nd half of their game started?!?! How many would play in a league with that type of set up.

Say you have Jordan Matthews in the flex playing at 1ET and then you also have Lagarrette Blount on the bench also playing at 1ET. What if you could look at your team and make one or two changes before the second half started? I think you should be able to be rewarded for the fact that you picked them up and they are on your team. Some starts such as flex plays with how many teams do running back by committee can just be luck of the draw really.

What does everyone think??

I think it would be great until the team you're playing against does the same thing (assuming you're in a H2H league) to you in the middle of game. You think they're starting one player and bam, they've substituted someone else unbeknownst you and you're not near a computer. You know what their starting line-up is at the beginning of the day and have your victory chalked up, but wait: they've substituted three other players during the course of the day and you have lost. My point being that it's a two way road. If you're OK with that, then I guess it could work.

• Like 1

In theory, it's actually sort of a cool idea... Real-time fantasy football, basically. The problem would be finding people who are willing/able to sit around and adjust their lineups on Sundays. In other words, it's hard enough (in some cases) to find 12-16 owners who can manage to submit a legitimate lineup each week. Good luck finding people to not only submit their lineups, but change them mid-game.

And, of course, there would have to be a site to support it, in terms of lineup options. Interesting idea....

Along the same lines, I am against using a team's bench as a tie breaking criteria. Why should an owner be penalized for investing in the best starting line-up that he can possibly have while sacrificing bench depth. You may never have to use that bench if you don't suffer any injuries. It's a reasonable risk to take and just a different philosophy than bench stacking.

The problem would be trying to make educated lineup decisions during the games, when there are 10 games going on at once. In other words, you can't watch them all (at least not in great detail), so I think it would be a bit overwhelming, in terms of trying to keep up with who to sub in/out.

Not to mention, with so many games at different times now (TNF, MNF, SNF, etc.), there's a good chance your two QB's aren't even playing at the same time, more often than not. You would almost have to attempt to draft players from the same time zone, to take full advantage of the lineup change options. In other words, if I've got Rivers as my QB1, I might target a West coast QB as his backup, just so I can plug them in if Rivers gets knocked out. Otherwise, if they've already played, I'd be out of luck. And, I have no idea what would happen if they played later (like Monday). Could I bench Rivers, and take the 2nd half stats of the other guy (playing a day later).

In that sense, it would work better if the players all played at the same time. But, again, good luck keeping track of who to play, and who to bench. :wacko:

Edit: Obviously, West coast guys don't always play at the same time. But, it might increase the chances that they do.

Edited by Gopher