[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sherman and Baldwins press conference / Funny or annoying?

Finn5033

I was curious what people thought about this? I don't personally care but I read that they said they were trying to make a point. Well what is their point exactly? These guys get paid very well to play a game. Granted I understand it is a very punishing game and can have severe effects on their bodies and mind when they get older. They were blessed with the bodies and skills to be elite at what they do but it's still a privilege to be in the NFL. I agree some of the NFL rules seem really stupid but with the amount of money they get paid and the endorsement deals their fame creates for them you would think they would just suck it up. But of course I am not in their situation, just thinking out loud I guess. So what do you guys think?

Also I should say the reason I asked if people thought it was funny or annoying is because I have heard numerous radio stations talk about it and it seems most of them found it to be more annoying than anything else

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

Part of their job (it's in the CBA) is to talk to the media, like it or not.

Exactly. And all the other things they seemed to be complaining about are all part of being in the NFL as well. Playing on short rest, having to endorse products that the NFL has deals with etc.. They used the media to try and make a point to the NFL I guess, but in the process the public ends up seeing it. I just don't think the average fan cares or feels bad for them.

I found it mildly amusing at first, but in the end felt like I was watching a couple of insolent children angry at dad for making them do their chores. These guys get paid huge sums of money to live their dream. So what if you have to go on camera for 10-15 min per week and hawk something other than the product your getting paid grips to hawk elsewhere or talk about the game you just played that thousands of people shelled out their hard earned money to see. Grow up. I would imagine that just about every working stiff across the country has some aspect of their job they dislike, but you know what, they do it anyway. If one of these people was to openly mock their employer in a public forum while supposedly performing their contractual obligation they'd be fired.

Your getting 40 million dollars or something; just lay some disingenuous platitudes on the media and go home to your ridiculous cars/homes/lifestyles where you can enjoy your Beats headphones while grubbing down on some Campbell's Steak and Baked Potato soup or whatever.

• Like 3

I found it mildly amusing at first, but in the end felt like I was watching a couple of insolent children angry at dad for making them do their chores. These guys get paid huge sums of money to live their dream. So what if you have to go on camera for 10-15 min per week and hawk something other than the product your getting paid grips to hawk elsewhere or talk about the game you just played that thousands of people shelled out their hard earned money to see. Grow up. I would imagine that just about every working stiff across the country has some aspect of their job they dislike, but you know what, they do it anyway. If one of these people was to openly mock their employer in a public forum while supposedly performing their contractual obligation they'd be fired.

Your getting 40 million dollars or something; just lay some disingenuous platitudes on the media and go home to your ridiculous cars/homes/lifestyles where you can enjoy your Beats headphones while grubbing down on some Campbell's Steak and Baked Potato soup or whatever.

Couldn't have said it better

"Yeah"

Agree. For someone who is supposed to be so intelligent he sure does act like a child.

Obnoxious as hell, but he has a right to voice his opinion. I like Thursday games it gives me more time to watch football, so get paid your millions because I like it. Jesus pay me $40 million Ill find a way to play 2 games in 5 days, trucking wussy. He should use his wisdom for something more meaningful, but always looks like a jackass to me.

They should have taken it further than they did. I like what they were trying to do but they should have gone balls to the wall instead.

Pretty much. As far as being funny, it kind of missed the mark. But they have some points. I've heard lots of fans complain about NFLs hypocrisy on issues (BS penalties in the name of players safety but then making teams play twice in 5 days). Just because they get paid handsomely doesn't mean they can't voice their disagreement over specific issues.

I found it to be perfect I thought they were going to fart butterflies upon exit of said point being made

:fool:

Bunch of spoiled rotten brats in the NFL these days it's pathetic really makes me wanna slap the stupid out of them like they are Strawberry Strawberry shes the neighborhood hoe... The pimp hand is strong :slap:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

I thought that was pretty funny. Need more people taking shots at the NFL and their pompous assedness.

"Players get paid tons of money so they shouldn't be allowed to express a personal opinion against NFL policies" seems to be the argument du jour. Good thing everyone having heartburn about this press conference will never complain about a late hit, illegal hands to the face, or BS personal foul when it costs their team a game.

• Like 1

I thought it was annoying but that's probably because I find Sherman to be annoying. Some of the points were legit but he was trying way too hard to be clever.

The 2 games in 5 days thing is a stale argument. They never seem to talk about the 3 extra days they get after a Thursday game.

Lol i thought this was very humorous. he was spot on about most of it. The thing that i dont get the most is how players get penalized for hits that arent perfect. I dont think people realize how fast the game moves and that a split second to react is all they have. Your already worrying about trying to stop the offense in a 5 second play that if u dont hit someone perfectly you get in trouble for it. You try being in their shoes and see how easy it is. Its football people are gunna get hit with a helmet live with it.

The local media here mostly(Jim Moore is an old, fuddy-duddy but what else do you expect from a Coug) found this to be a lighthearted poke at the NFL whilst showing Marshawn they have his back. Yes, they believe in the points they were making but they believe more in supporting their teammate. The prevailing view was more about how silly it was how the rest of the NFL reacted to it.

The local media here mostly(Jim Moore is an old, fuddy-duddy but what else do you expect from a Coug) found this to be a lighthearted poke at the NFL whilst showing Marshawn they have his back. Yes, they believe in the points they were making but they believe more in supporting their teammate. The prevailing view was more about how silly it was how the rest of the NFL reacted to it.

I took it as they were showing Lynch they were in his corner too.