[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

commissioner needs help

lys916

So this guy who is already out of the playoffs hunt benched Stafford and Johnson hoping to help his buddy (who he is playing against this week) get into the last playoffs spot, his buddy is currently sitting in 7th place. Now the 6th and 8th place guys are complaining. All three of them have the same record and have a chance for the last spot. We did put quite a bit of money for the buy in. What should I do as a commissioner?

Owners get to run their own teams, however this is a blatant benching to help a friend and is BS. Are their any rules in your league to cover this?

Pretty easy to prove he's trying to lose if he starts a backup QB (Manziel). If he at least started a starting QB, it'd be difficult to prove. But starting Manziel coupled with benching Mega makes it quite obvious. If I was commish, I'd consider adding Stafford and CJ's points. Maybe ask the other teams in the league (who aren't affected by this move) to vote on this?

Yes its obvious he's helping his friend BC he's now started ray rice.. His other starters actually scored some decent points on Thursday so I guess he's afraid that he could win. I just hope the guy currently sitting in 6th place wins this week so don't have to decide what appropriate action to take but its not looking good. I might have to ask other owners to vote, we'll see. Thanks for the advice.

Yes its obvious he's helping his friend BC he's now started ray rice.. His other starters actually scored some decent points on Thursday so I guess he's afraid that he could win. I just hope the guy currently sitting in 6th place wins this week so don't have to decide what appropriate action to take but its not looking good. I might have to ask other owners to vote, we'll see. Thanks for the advice.

Have you asked him what the hell he's doing, as it's quite obvious he's cheating.

That's why we have a weekly incentive to score the highest points each week...However as long as the other guy started a legal lineup not a lot you can really say

Great idea on having weekly incentive to the highest points. This is our third year and we never really had any issues until this year. Will definitely put in some new rules and ideas next year to make the game better.

Edited by lys916

I would Edit his line up and tell him to get the fu*k out of the league.. I'd put the highest projected point getters into the line up, even if a player who already played got more points, just go with whoever was projected the most before the games were played. I'd also be looking at confronting the buddy he helped to see if he had any part of this, my guess is yes, but if he doesn't admit it, not much you can do.

Great idea on having weekly incentive to the highest points. This is our third year and we never really had any issues until this year. Will definitely put in some new rules and ideas next year to make the game better.

It has worked out well for us. we run the incentive every week, through the playoffs and week 17...30 bucks or so to the highest scoring team each week.

Thanks guys, I've decided to change his lineup around. I went back and look through his roster, found out that he also benched both Gordon and graham and started Lloyd and davis, so it was a pretty easy decision.

Yeah I would for sure fix it...and remove him as owner for the rest of the season...no league vote needed...I would just send out a message saying why...its your job as commish to protect the integrity of the league...that doesn't mean vetoing trades etc etc but for situations like this.

Edited by dolphindan1