Marcel Reese

SeductiveNun

Seeing as how McFadden and Jones-Drew have both been abysmal this year, and now that Murray is ruled out due to concussion, what does everyone think about Reece carrying the load this week? I would think once Murray is cleared - maybe by next week - we might be looking at a timeshare, but for this week I can see Reece getting the lions share of the work. He's not the fastest or shiftiest, but having watched this guy in the last couple of years he seems to have performed when given the opportunity.

I know this is the dysfunctional Raiders we're talking about, but someone on that sideline woke up last week and sent the guy in and he jump started the running game after McFloppin drove it into the ground. I'm looking at rolling with him over Gio as an all or nothing play because I like what I've seen in him last week and in previous seasons. Anyone else see this guy as a viable option this week or beyond (assuming Murray stays out).

Yeah, I get that about the Raiders opponents run D, and believe me I wouldn't rely on an Oakland back unless it was absolutely necessary. Unfortunately it's come to that. I do have a gut feeling though that even with brutal run Ds coming up, Reese is a good pass catching back as michaelredd mentioned, so I still think he would hold value in that situation. However if and when Murray comes back I'm thinking the likelihood of a timeshare between the two will render both backs very risky plays, opponents notwithstanding.