[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench Julio?

intro115

I'd stick with Julio. I'm also a frustrated Jones owner but he has success against Joe Haden last week and had a decent game. He will most likely have Patrick Peterson shadowing him all game this week and P2 has been playing lights out as of late. I wouldn't bench him for Johnson at all. Maybe for someone else but not him.

He actually might not have Peterson on him. Against Denver(at the beginning of the season before Sanders was one of the top receivers in the NFL) he followed Sanders around while Cromartie followed around D. Thomas(who had 226 yards and 2 touchdowns). It is very possible they do the same thing with Julio and White, and try to contain Julio with Cromartie and a safety. Honestly though, even if Peterson does shadow Julio I don't think I'd start Charles Johnson over him.

He actually might not have Peterson on him. Against Denver(at the beginning of the season before Sanders was one of the top receivers in the NFL) he followed Sanders around while Cromartie followed around D. Thomas(who had 226 yards and 2 touchdowns). It is very possible they do the same thing with Julio and White, and try to contain Julio with Cromartie and a safety. Honestly though, even if Peterson does shadow Julio I don't think I'd start Charles Johnson over him.

Exactly so i don't see the Cardinals making the same mistake by putting Peterson on White. P2 will be on Jones and it's gonna be a good battle. P2 has been the shut down corner everyone thought he'd be coming out of LSU this year (minus a few bad games at the beginning of the year) he's the best Corner in the NFL IMO.

I wouldn't say that the outcome in week 5 will be why Peterson will be one on one with Julio... however, I would say that him wanting to go man to man with Julio will impact it. With that being said, Peterson is a great player, but I would love if Julio gets nothing but one on ones. No matter how good of a corner you are, if you don't have ANY safety help eventually you will get beat(especially by a player of Julio's caliber). I like Julio more if I know he is going to get 1 on 1 all day with Peterson.