[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to do about Lavonte David?

Dcat

Fielding a starting lineup without Lavonte David 2 weeks in a row is just unthinkable. He's listed as questionable but the Tampa Tribune says this:

By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff

Published: November 28, 2014 | Updated: November 28, 2014 at 09:34 PM

TAMPA — Until last Sunday, when a sore hamstring forced him to sit out the Buccaneers’ 21-13 loss to the Bears in Chicago, WLB Lavonte David had not missed a game since high school.

“And the only reason I sat out that game was because I had a (sore) ankle and we were playing a not-so-good team,’’ the Miami-Northwestern High product said.

The Bengals, whom the Bucs play Sunday, do not fit the description of a not-so-good team. They lead the AFC North with a 7-3-1 record, so David’s services are much needed.

And from the looks of things, the Bucs will have their All-Pro leading tackler back in the lineup. David, in fact, all but guaranteed it.

“I’m feeling really good,’’ David said after he returned to practice on Friday for the first time since he was hurt early last week. “I’m feeling really confident about Sunday.’’

David was listed as questionable for Sunday’s game. The Bucs will decide just before game time whether he’ll play, but even coach Lovie Smith was encouraged.

“You have to be careful with (hamstrings),’’ he said. “You can feel a lot better and stop having pain, but you’re still not there quite yet. But Lavonte is close, and that’s definitely a big boost for our defense.’

Edited by Dcat

Fielding a starting lineup without Lavonte David 2 weeks in a row is just unthinkable. He's listed as questionable but the Tampa Tribune says this:

By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff

Published: November 28, 2014 | Updated: November 28, 2014 at 09:34 PM

TAMPA — Until last Sunday, when a sore hamstring forced him to sit out the Buccaneers’ 21-13 loss to the Bears in Chicago, WLB Lavonte David had not missed a game since high school.

“And the only reason I sat out that game was because I had a (sore) ankle and we were playing a not-so-good team,’’ the Miami-Northwestern High product said.

The Bengals, whom the Bucs play Sunday, do not fit the description of a not-so-good team. They lead the AFC North with a 7-3-1 record, so David’s services are much needed.

And from the looks of things, the Bucs will have their All-Pro leading tackler back in the lineup. David, in fact, all but guaranteed it.

“I’m feeling really good,’’ David said after he returned to practice on Friday for the first time since he was hurt early last week. “I’m feeling really confident about Sunday.’’

David was listed as questionable for Sunday’s game. The Bucs will decide just before game time whether he’ll play, but even coach Lovie Smith was encouraged.

You have to be careful with (hamstrings),’’ he said. “You can feel a lot better and stop having pain, but you’re still not there quite yet. But Lavonte is close, and that’s definitely a big boost for our defense.’

As hard as it is I think you have to find someone to play over him...even if he plays he's a risky option considering how easy it is to tweak a hamstring injury.

As hard as it is I think you have to find someone to play over him...even if he plays he's a risky option considering how easy it is to tweak a hamstring injury.

Once he was declared inactive, i benched him. In one league, I substituted Jamie Collins and in another I rolled the dice with Peppers. Both pale to him in comparison, but those were the best left on the WW in a deep league. I guess I'll be watching the Packers-Cheatriots game later today.

I wound up throwing in the only guy I had on my IDP bench for David, JT Thomas. Didn't feel too good about it with the emergence of Telvin Smith last week, but it was at least a nice matchup. Definitley worked out wonderfully! With him, Luck, Hopkins, R Jennings, Moncrief, E Griffin, P Brown andJ McClain, I rocked the house.

Edited by PPIchamp