[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love the Charch fantasy show with J2V but you are killing me

Henry Muto

If this is good natured tongue in cheek complaining, that's one thing. However, with all due respect you're in so many leagues winning some serious coin each year that if you're blaming a radio show for your poor lineup decisions that's weak Henry. You've been playing long enough to know sometimes your gut feeling is the better way to go than over analyzing the games. In the end, the ultimate final call is yours.

• Like 1

FF websites are like believing in God, when all goes well, you're thankful to them. When shizz hits the fan, you're just supposed to rationalize it and move on without making too big of a deal.

FF websites are like believing in God, when all goes well, you're thankful to them. When shizz hits the fan, you're just supposed to rationalize it and move on without making too big of a deal.

Disagree, when all goes well you rarely hear a peep from people, but as soon as you are wrong people are quick to point it out. Edited by keggerz

Disagree, when all goes well you rarely hear a peep from people, but as soon as you are wrong people are quick to point it out.

When I say thankful I don't mean a verbal thank you, it's more of a financial donation of returning as a yearly paying customer. Although I have seen many post on this board at season's end thanking the huddle for helping them win titles.

When I say thankful I don't mean a verbal thank you, it's more of a financial donation of returning as a yearly paying customer. Although I have seen many post on this board at season's end thanking the huddle for helping them win titles.

By far that group is in the minority.
  • Like 1

Muto did thank the Huddle the year he cashed if I am not mistaken. That being said - when you get to this level of play that Muto is at - I think we are far past the point of placing blame on analysts for our failures.

My greatest success in the hobby has come from within my own gut. And it takes a long time to learn that sometimes. Sometimes it must be re-learned over and over again.

I have been messing around some with Fanduel, and here is what I have noticed. There have been some weeks where I just sit down and pick out a lineup - totally off the top of my head - not outside analyst influence whatsoever.

Then I double-check my linup against several sources including the Huddle to see what others think about my plan. In every case - I end up changing my initial lineup - following the thought and logic, and statistical probability that is available, my team ends up being a loser. Good, But not good enough to cash.

And every week it seemed that my initial "gut reaction" team was far better than letting others influence my decision. So this week I did not allow myself to change my lineup. I constructed a team and submitted it. I suspect that nobody was waving the pom pons last week for a bargain priced QB named Colt McCoy, Luckily I did not hear any of it.

I am not saying analysis is not worthwhile. The cost of the Huddle and a few other quality sites is actually a great value in my opinion. But I don't expect them to set my lineup for me, and I certainly would never blame them if I allow them to. Good natured poking from Muto here I think, but not sure even that is called for.

• Like 1

Muto did thank the Huddle the year he cashed if I am not mistaken. That being said - when you get to this level of play that Muto is at - I think we are far past the point of placing blame on analysts for our failures.

My greatest success in the hobby has come from within my own gut. And it takes a long time to learn that sometimes. Sometimes it must be re-learned over and over again.

I have been messing around some with Fanduel, and here is what I have noticed. There have been some weeks where I just sit down and pick out a lineup - totally off the top of my head - not outside analyst influence whatsoever.

Then I double-check my linup against several sources including the Huddle to see what others think about my plan. In every case - I end up changing my initial lineup - following the thought and logic, and statistical probability that is available, my team ends up being a loser. Good, But not good enough to cash.

And every week it seemed that my initial "gut reaction" team was far better than letting others influence my decision. So this week I did not allow myself to change my lineup. I constructed a team and submitted it. I suspect that nobody was waving the pom pons last week for a bargain priced QB named Colt McCoy, Luckily I did not hear any of it.

I am not saying analysis is not worthwhile. The cost of the Huddle and a few other quality sites is actually a great value in my opinion. But I don't expect them to set my lineup for me, and I certainly would never blame them if I allow them to. Good natured poking from Muto here I think, but not sure even that is called for.

This is pretty much what I do, for all of my leagues. Go in early in the week (usually Tuesday, before waivers), and set an intitial lineup. This not only gives me an idea of who I'm starting, it helps keep me aware of any potential lineup issues for the upcoming week (byes, injuries, etc.). I then check it again, after waivers (at which point I will look at other sources, if it's a close call). Sometimes, this results in me changing my lineup, but many times I stick with what I originally thought. Or, sometimes, I change it, then change it back (to my original gut feeling choice) before kickoff. In most of my leagues, I change my lineup 3-4 times throughout the week, on average. Not wholesale changes, but a player or two, here or there.

This is the first year in several, in which I haven't subscribed to the pay content here. I did so for no othe reason than I wanted to try it (a season without it), and see if it made a difference. It's allowed me to go "with my gut" more than ever before. Coincidentally (and I do think a lot of it is coincidence), I'm having (potentially) my best fantasy football season ever, by a mile. As I've mentioned elsewhere, a lot of that can be attributed to luck, but there is also something to be said for trusting your own judgement, when making close calls. Granted, I wasn't making lineup choices strictly off of Huddle projections in past years, but it's simply one less outside influence to cloud my judgement. I still do pay for some content elsewhere, but that is mostly just for IDP purposes.

Either way, unless you're a beginner (and don't realize how much luck comes into play, in which case I could give the person somewhat of a pass), it's hard for me to take anybody seriously when they try to blame websites/writers for their own bad decisions. Hopefully, Muto was kidding. If not, that's pretty pathetic.