[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 14 roster advice

MikeFL25

Hey all, this is for the team in my sig. I am 11-2, this week I dropped to 2nd place in the league because the now 1st place team has the same record as me and has more points scored. I had been in 1st place since week 3, but I have already clinched a spot in the playoffs. I am trying to make a push to regain #1 seed before Week 15. The other team is up in total points scored by 40 points, but all of his big playmakers have unfavorable matchups this week. I blew it this week (I benched Alshon and Julio for Gordon and Green), it didn't cost me a win but it did cost me almost 40 points.

So, going into the final week of the regular season, I'm really trying to maximize output from my team. Any advice? I currently have waivers pending to drop Sanu and add Hopkins, drop Crowell and add J. Bell.

Should I add Knile Davis, as Charles may be ruled out this week, or limited? Do I bench Charles and start Foster + Ingram at RB, and use a 3rd WR for flex?

It's hard to make decisions or give advice when you have so many good players to chose from. I like Hopkins but how do you play him over guys like Julio, Green, Alshon, and Gordon? If Charles plays I think you have to play him, but I would certainly have Davis on your roster because he has proven to be a must start if Charles is out. I think best not to get cute and play your obvious studs.

It's hard to make decisions or give advice when you have so many good players to chose from. I like Hopkins but how do you play him over guys like Julio, Green, Alshon, and Gordon? If Charles plays I think you have to play him, but I would certainly have Davis on your roster because he has proven to be a must start if Charles is out. I think best not to get cute and play your obvious studs.

That's the problem I am having with the now #1 team in the league. He has picked up guys like Tre Mason and Anderson, prior to that he's had Hillman and Hill. All guys that I could (and in retrospect, should) have picked up before he did. However, I always passed because they were situational starters at the time and how could I bench Charles or Foster to play them? So he has jumped ahead in points just by riding the wave of the few good weeks those players have had so far. I'm in the dilemma of deciding whether to stay put with my roster and hope that my players pick it up and get me through the playoffs, or if I should start picking up these situational players.

Thanks for the advice on Davis, btw!

Edited by MikeFL25

That's the problem I am having with the now #1 team in the league. He has picked up guys like Tre Mason and Anderson, prior to that he's had Hillman and Hill. All guys that I could (and in retrospect, should) have picked up before he did. However, I always passed because they were situational starters at the time and how could I bench Charles or Foster to play them? So he has jumped ahead in points just by riding the wave of the few good weeks those players have had so far. I'm in the dilemma of deciding whether to stay put with my roster and hope that my players pick it up and get me through the playoffs, or if I should start picking up these situational players.

Thanks for the advice on Davis, btw!

I am in a very similar situation. I have obvious starters in my league and have stayed put all year while other guys have gotten really hot by riding these adds like Tre Mason etc. I am just rolling with my studs, it makes choosing your line up easier. Plus I like to look at the players floor which brings your studs into the mix, they may not be hot at the time but they are reliable which is what you want in the playoffs

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

I would keep Crowell over Bell. Crowell is in a good rushing attack and gets a good workload. He also has a sick matchup this week.

I'd also start Jeffery and Green this week as they have by far the best matchups at WR.

Please god start Gates over Allen, should crush the Patriots D.

Charles and Foster are my weekly starters, with Ingram at flex unless one of my other WRs have a better matchup. As I'm going into the playoffs, I feel like I really should have both Blue and Davis on my roster in case Charles/Foster goes down. Realistically, is there any scenario where I start J. Bell/Crowell over them? Maybe over Ingram, but then I have to sacrifice having a handcuff for one of those two starters.

Whats the best play here? Have both handcuffs, or only have one to accommodate Crowell or Bell?

The other option is to drop Sanu, NOT add Hopkins, but instead use that spot to add the second handcuff while keeping Crowell/Bell.

Edited by MikeFL25

Charles and Foster are my weekly starters, with Ingram at flex unless one of my other WRs have a better matchup. As I'm going into the playoffs, I feel like I really should have both Blue and Davis on my roster in case Charles/Foster goes down. Realistically, is there any scenario where I start J. Bell/Crowell over them? Maybe over Ingram, but then I have to sacrifice having a handcuff for one of those two starters.

Whats the best play here? Have both handcuffs, or only have one to accommodate Crowell or Bell?

The other option is to drop Sanu, NOT add Hopkins, but instead use that spot to add the second handcuff while keeping Crowell/Bell.

your best bet is to have Blue and Davis for the Handcuffs. Both of them are good plays if Foster or Charles go down. Keep Crowell over Bell, and drop Sanu for Hopkins.

Edited by Finn5033

I would stick with your starters, don't let a bad week be the reason to bench sure starters. That being said I would not hesitate to drop the dead bench weight and pick up the solid back ups for foster and charles who both have a history of sitting games out due to injury