[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hereeeeeeeere's Brian!

DMD

Link?

HC Pettine's press conference is slated for 12:45. I did read something on CBS that said Jay Glazer is reporting that Hoyer will start, and that league sources have confirmed this report. None of that makes it a fact.

Not saying it won't happen, or that I think Manziel should start. Just miss the days when facts were reported instead of rumors leaked and later confirmed with facts.

Apparently the team released a statement before the 12:45PM perss conference.

Sorry to jump all over that but I was expecting the official announcement at the presser not before, and seemed like people were just reacting to Jay Glazer and others reporting it as fact based on a league source. If they were siting a statement released by the team they should have said that.

Link?

HC Pettine's press conference is slated for 12:45. I did read something on CBS that said Jay Glazer is reporting that Hoyer will start, and that league sources have confirmed this report. None of that makes it a fact.

Not saying it won't happen, or that I think Manziel should start. Just miss the days when facts were reported instead of rumors leaked and later confirmed with facts.

now, i have my issues with people throwing rumors out there as fact, but i rarely question these type of posts from DMD.

are you forgetting the three QBs that threw to him last season?

Yeah, I can't say I get the Gordon owners clamoring for Johnny Football. It's not like the Cleveland WRs we doing horribly under Hoyer over the course of this season. I think the expectations with Gordon were just a bit too lofty and I seriously doubt the numbers get better with Manziel. If anything I think they pass much less with him in.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

Gordon is going to be a top 12 WR ROS regardless of who the QB is. I think JFF would raise his ceiling because he can sustain drives by scrambling for 1st downs which means more offensive snaps for Cleveland.

God I hope not, pick a guy and play him. This isn't HS or college, non of this relief QB nonsense.

I dunno man...their styles of play are so different that having to game plan for both is a significant hurdle for the defense. Advantage Browns if they go QB by committee.

I dunno man...their styles of play are so different that having to game plan for both is a significant hurdle for the defense. Advantage Browns if they go QB by committee.

I agree , its not about picking a guy and playing him its about giving your team the best chance to win , that may be using your best def player as a TE or faking a punt or rotating your QB's

now, i have my issues with people throwing rumors out there as fact, but i rarely question these type of posts from DMD.

I'm not in the habit of questiong DMD either. But considering everything I heard since the game Sunday was "announcement at 12:45 Wednesday in Pettine's press conference" I was surprised it was being reported as fact a full hour before that. I found out later (and may have posted this already) that the Browns released a statement 1-2 hours before the press conference. But at the time DMS posted this all I could find was people (Jay Glazer and others) reporting this "based on a league source" not "from a Browns press release".

As for Cameron I'm starting to wonder if he'll play again this year. He's been out since the injury week 8 at OAK. That is 6 weeks now, for a while there was no practice not cleared from concussion protocol (symptoms would go away then come back). Now he's had limited practice but is still questionalbe for this week. I hope he can return this week and continue what started as a nice career.