[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning concerns?

NAUgrad

Statistically this season Manning looks like he continues to be at an elite level. Certainly he was great the first half of the year. However, he's starting to struggle a little bit over the last month. The last game, was not a good game for Manning. Expectations are extremely high I know for him, but if you watched the game, you saw bad throws, some bad decisions and certainly not the Manning I'm used to seeing. Article's I've read said that the last game was extremely cold and the wind was a major factor for both sides. Ok, maybe that's right, but it just seems that there are more and more excuses for some lackluster games for Manning in recent weeks.

I'm not saying it's time to replace him, by any means. I'm just wondering if he's starting to struggle a little bit. Is his play starting to decline some? What do you think?

(By the way, I'm a Bronco homer and drafted Manning #1 in a local redraft)

Statistically this season Manning looks like he continues to be at an elite level. Certainly he was great the first half of the year. However, he's starting to struggle a little bit over the last month. The last game, was not a good game for Manning. Expectations are extremely high I know for him, but if you watched the game, you saw bad throws, some bad decisions and certainly not the Manning I'm used to seeing. Article's I've read said that the last game was extremely cold and the wind was a major factor for both sides. Ok, maybe that's right, but it just seems that there are more and more excuses for some lackluster games for Manning in recent weeks.

I'm not saying it's time to replace him, by any means. I'm just wondering if he's starting to struggle a little bit. Is his play starting to decline some? What do you think?

(By the way, I'm a Bronco homer and drafted Manning #1 in a local redraft)

He's been throwing some ducks ever since the back injury and the cold factor has been mentioned since even before that (though not sure if actually proven yet). Simply put, yes his arm is declining. All that being said though, he is one of the most intelligent play callers in the league and can deliver to a spot like no other so I would not fear just yet. Couple years from now though, might see him hit that wall.

Hes not struggling in my eyes he overthrew some guys in the Kansas city hostile enviroement.. not like him

but what really concerned me was the lack of screen passes or under routes?

I mean how many times did they throw Post or fades or corner routes long going for home run?

I dont see why you wouldnt just keep smashing cj anderson on screens or hit demarius on setup screen or vise verca..

the play calling blew last week alert.

I'm having no reservations about starting the BUF D this week against him in round 1.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely.

However, going back to the Rams game, I don't think he's "that guy" any more. CAN he be that guy... sure, but I just don't know if it's going to be as consistently awesome like he's been throughout his career.

He's been throwing some ducks ever since the back injury and the cold factor has been mentioned since even before that (though not sure if actually proven yet). Simply put, yes his arm is declining. All that being said though, he is one of the most intelligent play callers in the league and can deliver to a spot like no other so I would not fear just yet. Couple years from now though, might see him hit that wall.

youre wrong

I'm having no reservations about starting the BUF D this week against him in round 1.

Could I be wrong? Absolutely.

However, going back to the Rams game, I don't think he's "that guy" any more. CAN he be that guy... sure, but I just don't know if it's going to be as consistently awesome like he's been throughout his career.

what are you talking about consistently awesome?? his best years were past 3 on broncos :rofl:

i get dumber listening to it

Agree completely. His intelligence is off the charts, no doubt about it. I'm just starting to lose a little faith in him. Could be the play calling for sure, but isn't Manning given free reign to call whatever he wants? I'll bet he can. So isn't that issue at least partially on Manning as well?

Pressure creates problems for any quarterback. I'm just wondering if it spooks Manning just a little more than others. We will see how he finishes out the season. Some tough matchups including this weekend and on the road to SD and Cinci.

I've been paying close attention to Manning as a homer, and to be honest, I think the emergence of a strong running game is scarier than any decline Manning might have. Sure, Manning looked somewhat off in KC, and the Rams game was abysmal for the whole offense. But despite those facts, he still leads the league in touchdown passes and has some of the most potent pass catching weapons on the planet. Demaryius is a beast. Julius is a beast, CJ Anderson is a beast, and Sanders is a speed demon with really good hands.

The Broncos play a couple of good pass defenses in the next few weeks (Bills this weekend, Bengals in week 16) and may struggle in week 15 on the road in a divisional game vs. San Diego. He's not my QB1 for the playoffs (I would put Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees ahead of him for these next three weeks). Luck has no running game and gets indoors games after this weekend against two meh defenses. Rodgers has more of a running game, but he's on fire right now and doesn't have too tough of a road except at Buffalo next week. And Brees is still elite, and he gets two home games against terrible divisional defenses and a road trip to play the fantasy friendly Bears defense.

I don't think Manning is going to faceplant or anything even remotely close, but I also think it's a mistake to dismiss the concerns from OP about him showing signs that he isn't the undisputed king of QBs any more.

Agree completely. His intelligence is off the charts, no doubt about it. I'm just starting to lose a little faith in him. Could be the play calling for sure, but isn't Manning given free reign to call whatever he wants? I'll bet he can. So isn't that issue at least partially on Manning as well?

Pressure creates problems for any quarterback. I'm just wondering if it spooks Manning just a little more than others. We will see how he finishes out the season. Some tough matchups including this weekend and on the road to SD and Cinci.

CJ Anderson got 30+ carries over KC because Manning changed the playcalling to take what the defense was giving, and it worked. So if defenses continue to dare Denver to run, I wouldn't be surprised if this trend continues.

CJ Anderson got 30+ carries over KC because Manning changed the playcalling to take what the defense was giving, and it worked. So if defenses continue to dare Denver to run, I wouldn't be surprised if this trend continues.

there should of been more screen plays and under/wr screen calling

I dont see why you wouldnt just keep smashing cj anderson on screens or hit demarius on setup screen or vise verca..

the play calling blew last week alert.

Absolutely, why have any kind of down field passing game whatsoever. I mean with CJ Anderson on the team they really should just run the ball, throw him screens, and get J. Thomas & D. Thomas to do some run blocking... they're big guys right.

You are so high on this guy it boggles the mind.

youre wrong

My God man, with the vast array of descriptive words in the English language the best you can come up with is "you're wrong." You don't even bother to indicate which points he's incorrect about. It's like asking my kids if they want peas or corn with dinner and they respond "yes."

Manning is aging and it shows in his game at times, but he's still a phenomenal QB and will do fine down the stretch. While I don't think they have the chops to take NE in Foxboro for the AFC Championship (if it comes to that, which as a Chargers fan I'm rooting against), I certainly believe he will deliver a stat line capable of winning a fantasy championship.

I would also point out that this is a similar conversation to the one that started regarding Brady after NE dropped that stinker to KC... just saying, might be a touch reactionary.

• Like 1

I would also point out that this is a similar conversation to the one that started regarding Brady after NE dropped that stinker to KC... just saying, might be a touch reactionary.

I remember that game and to be honest, the entire team looked terrible. The NE oline got pushed around and it just didn't look they they were playing hard. Clearly not the same team as they are now.

I hate to say it, but there are fewer and fewer plays that look like normal "Manning" amazing plays. The first TD to D Thomas was a very strange throw. I'm officially worried about Manning's play. Can't help it.

Is this real football concerns or fantasy football?

If fantasy are you going to bench him in your playoffs? For who? Most teams with Peyton probably don't have a great backup, and there won't be any on waivers.

If real football, well when the Broncos lose 6-10 games or more because of bad play by Manning then they can be concerned. I haven't seen that happen yet.

In fantasy he is still a no brainer insta-start.

As a Broncos fan, I definitely have some concerns. He cannot handle a disruptive pass rush. He has never had running skills, but he can feel pressure and step up better than any QB I have ever watched. The OL has had problems with pass protection this year and when an opponent get consistent pressure through a game it seems to screw Manning up. Like he gets gun shy and starts sailing passes or trying to throw too early. I thought our OL would be much improved with Clady's return from injury, but I haven't seen it thus far. Run blocking has been better, but we have to give Manning more time.

If the OL can step up and handle the pass rush then Manning will get it done. If he has a consistently clean pocket then the offense will be unstoppable.

• 3 weeks later...

I just don't see how Manning is elite anymore. I can see him coming back next year and I think it's a mistake. The errors are now outweighing the great plays. Denver could be in trouble for the next couple of years. Just not sure Osweiler is the answer. In his limited work I've seen absolutely nothing. We will see though.

Really no excuses about the weather tonight against Cincinnati. Peyton singlehandedly blew this game. I don't care how smart of a QB you are - if you can't make the big throws when it's crunch time, you aren't elite any more.

:okay::okay::okay:

Please stop the non sense.

Lets see who makes the big throws in the playoffs, i would take manning over any QB in the league right now to make the big throw

Give me PEYTON over Rodgers in the playoffs ill take it all day

hes too smart

:okay::okay::okay:

Please stop the non sense.

Lets see who makes the big throws in the playoffs, i would take manning over any QB in the league right now to make the big throw

Give me PEYTON over Rodgers in the playoffs ill take it all day

hes too smart

I smell a fishy, a stinky fishy.

Edited by heehawks