Clearly!

sksmith

Speaking as a Josh Gordon owner, today has to be Brian Hoyer's last start? The loss, coupled with yet another horrendous performance (if you can call it that), has to be the end of his status as starter?

There's just no logical reason the Browns can let him back out there and not let Johnny Football show them what they drafted and essentially traded TRich for. The playoff push is over now, whatever reasons they did have to keep rolling Hoyer out must be exhausted. It's painful to watch!

Don't think Manziel is going to correct Gordon running wrong routes, dropping passes etc. Yes Hoyer has been bad, but Gordon is just not in sync and is making plenty of mistakes that affect his performance.

I won't be surprised either way. Think it is still a toss up. I get that not knowing what they have in Manziel for the future is going to suck. But they made that decision long ago.

I don't think Manziel automatically puts Gordon back into top 5 WR, but he has a pulse and that's better than Hoyer at this point...hell, the Johnny Jamboogie version of Manziel is worth a look over Hoyer.

Their season is over (even if they won out, it would still take about 4 or 5 other teams to lose out), it's time to see what they've got...they are "competitive" because of the defense, they lose because of the offense

some coaches would know how to handle this and how to handle a very popular talented rookie QB but Petine is not one of them ...and its not about pulling hoyer or not pulling hoyer , its about knowing which QB gives you best chance to win and over past 5 games its not been Hoyer . Once he put Manzel in at end of Bills game , he should have let him start yesterday . To go back to Hoyer made no sense based in large part that Hoyer was not getting done the previous 4 - 5 games

The argument that Hoyer got them there is a joke. Hoyer has had his decent moments this season, but overall they've won in spite of his play more often than because of it. There is no upside, and by now they ought to know that he isn't the long term solution at QB for the Browns. They are fools to not get some live action under Manziel's belt now while games still matter. And the sheer possibility of a playoff run (as unlikely as it is now in Cleveland) could be the exact situation where giving the kid his chance makes the most sense. It's not waving the white flag on 2014 like Pettine makes it seem. It's realizing that Brian Hoyer is not a good enough QB to win out, meaning there is nothing to lose by playing Manziel (and that you aren't giving up on the season, just on Hoyer).

I don't think Manziel automatically puts Gordon back into top 5 WR, but he has a pulse and that's better than Hoyer at this point...hell, the Johnny Jamboogie version of Manziel is worth a look over Hoyer.

Their season is over (even if they won out, it would still take about 4 or 5 other teams to lose out), it's time to see what they've got...they are "competitive" because of the defense, they lose because of the offense

They actually need less help than you may think, certainly don't need 4-5 teams to lose out. We're only 1.5 games out of first in our division, and play first place and one of the other ahead of us (and CIN-PIT play again). Not saying it is an easy road, but I had to check so that I know just how much help we need. (Outside of winning, we only need the better team by win% to win their games.)

Win out is the first step, that makes them 10-6 (4-2 in div). I have the following for AFC North finishing spots after that (with Browns 3 wins assumed).

PIT at 10-6 - finish 2-1 (loss vs CIN) - lose division record tie breaker to Browns

BAL at 10-6 - finish 2-1 (loss vs CLE) - lose division record tie breaker to Browns

CIN finishes 1-2 (loss @CLE & @DEN) going 9-6-1

Getting a WC is nearly impossible, and yes we'd need a ton of help there. But the division is still within reach. We