[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst NFL analyst or just sports analyst?

IrishPride

:pop:

Heres a list

Skip Bayless

Stephen A Smith

Bill Walton

Dennis Miller

Tim McCarver

Dan Fouts

Chris Collinsworth

Charles Barkley

Colin Cowherd

Stuart Scott

Suzy Kolber

Joe Buck

Brent Musburger

Duke Vital

Suzyn Waldman

Just bored with normal posts, figured we could start a :fishy: or :pokey:?

Edited by IrishPride

:pop:

Heres a list

Skip Bayless

Stephen A Smith

Bill Walton

Dennis Miller

Tim McCarver

Dan Fouts

Chris Collinsworth

Charles Barkley

Colin Cowherd

Stuart Scott

Suzy Kolber

Joe Buck

Brent Musburger

Duke Vital

Suzyn Waldman

Just bored with normal posts, figured we could start a :fishy: or :pokey:?

Racist - sexist - ageist - and why do you hate white parole?

;)

cowherd as well

When ESPN put a radio station in Seattle to go head to head with the established KJR sports talk station, they brought Cowherd in for their morning show, thinking his Washington ties would help win over listeners. No one in Seattle could stand him and he got bounced rather quickly and they brought in Brock Huard and Mike Salk(who are excellent). Cowherd is still known as Colin Blowhard in this area.

Edited by Tripleshot

On the flip side, I could probably listen to Mike Mayock call every game each week. Can get to be tiresome listening to him every once in awhile on his enthusiasm on everything, but I like the way he explains himself on things, or explains his thinking. Doesn't seem self-aggrandizing like Chris Berman or Joe Buck (although I have heard Joe Buck is actually a very nice and personable guy off camera).

Gruden hurts my ears, but I do like Tirico.

Herbstreit is another announcer I like. Musberger too. Wish I could hear Bob Ueker (sp) call more games (without having to move to MIL). Mike Shannon calling Cards games on KMOX is a right of passage here in STL too.

I like Mooch on the NFL pregame show.

Rebecca Lowe who hosts the BPL show each week on NBC Sports is becoming a favorite too. And the two Robbies with her on there make it a pretty good pre/post game show to watch, IMO.

CBS' crew on golf is pretty solid. McCord and Feherty add good insight and humor to broadcasts. Jim Nantz is a winner in my book, and not just for golf.

Bob Costas has become too self-righteous for me.

ETA: Gus Johnson may be the worst announcer ever. Do you have to literally shout everything you say? Really?

Edited by lennykravitz2004
  • Like 2

On the flip side, I could probably listen to Mike Mayock call every game each week. Can get to be tiresome listening to him every once in awhile on his enthusiasm on everything, but I like the way he explains himself on things, or explains his thinking. Doesn't seem self-aggrandizing like Chris Berman or Joe Buck (although I have heard Joe Buck is actually a very nice and personable guy off camera).

Gruden hurts my ears, but I do like Tirico.

Herbstreit is another announcer I like. Musberger too. Wish I could hear Bob Ueker (sp) call more games (without having to move to MIL). Mike Shannon calling Cards games on KMOX is a right of passage here in STL too.

I like Mooch on the NFL pregame show.

Rebecca Lowe who hosts the BPL show each week on NBC Sports is becoming a favorite too. And the two Robbies with her on there make it a pretty good pre/post game show to watch, IMO.

CBS' crew on golf is pretty solid. McCord and Feherty add good insight and humor to broadcasts. Jim Nantz is a winner in my book, and not just for golf.

Bob Costas has become too self-righteous for me.

ETA: Gus Johnson may be the worst announcer ever. Do you have to literally shout everything you say? Really?

Mayock definitely, adds something different and Herbstreit is somebody I love on College Gameday etc.

• Like 1

Anybody read TMQ on ESPN?

I used to read him all the time, not as much these days. Still like his work though. Good content, not just on football. And I love his stance on going for it on 4th down.

Just remembered a local sportscaster we had here in STL for several years - Zip Rzeppa. Every Friday night, he had his "Zippo Awards... for the best, the worst, and the weirdest performances of the week..." I know, not really a sports/game announcer, but he was a fun personality on the air many years ago.

I used to read him all the time, not as much these days. Still like his work though. Good content, not just on football. And I love his stance on going for it on 4th down.

Yeah I'm similar, use to religiously read it every Tuesday but now I do feel like I've read most his material before with the same segments and arguments applied year in, year out. Still more enjoyable than most though.

Really dislike Joe Buck, which is too bad because I like Aikman. Usually when they call a game, I just put on some music. I think what really turned me off of Joe Buck was when Randy Moss mooned the crowd at Lambeau Field like 10 years ago and Joe Buck couldn't stop saying "that's disgusting and I'm sad we had that on air, blah blah blah." Get over your moral righteousness, mister.

Stephen A Smith is horrible. All he does is yell and talk over people. Yelling does not mean you know what you are talking about.

And Dickie V. How can anyone listen to that guy, unless you are a Duke fan. I think he thinks Coach K can walk on water and turn water to wine.

Edited by hezagenius
  • Like 2

I find Joe Buck to be really boring. I frequently find myself muting games that he calls. He should just stick to baseball, he is much more tolerable when calling baseball as opposed to football.

Barkley is OK. I like watching him in the studio during March Madness, and he's pretty entertaining on Inside the NBA. My only beef with him is that sometimes he can't spit out what's on his mind, and talks really, really, really slowly. Makes me want to pull my hair out.

Michaels/Collinsworth is far and away my favorite announcer duo - I actually enjoy listening to them. I know several people don't like them (Collinsworth in particular), but IMO they enhance the viewing experience as opposed to other announcers who detract from it.

Edited by bud29