[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sofa League Draft

spain

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a casual observation from somebody tuning in late and this may have been touched on already. Does it make sense to take Chris Brown as your RB2 (A. Green as RB1) when they have the same bye week?

353416[/snapback]

That makes the Brown pick even worse than it already is.

That's now FIVE teams that took RBs only with their first three picks. That's five teams that will have 1 of their top three picks sitting on the bench each week.

Initially, I bet the first or second team to draft 3 RBs thought they may be able to trade one later for and make a killing. Now, with 5 teams who have 3 RBs, I think that strategy takes a hit as a team needing a RB can shop around.

I disagree.  So you don't think Faulk is worthy of even a 3rd round pick?

353483[/snapback]

If at all possible, I don't want Faulk . I admit I've taken him once in the past. I think we will see Jackson play a lot this year. I'm not buying into the rumor that Faulk is going to play every down because thats not news to me while Faulk is spiraling through the downside of his career and he is a huge injury risk. Just my gut feeling.

:D

That's now FIVE teams that took RBs only with their first three picks.  That's five teams that will have 1 of their top three picks sitting on the bench each week.

Initially, I bet the first or second team to draft 3 RBs thought they may be able to trade one later for and make a killing.  Now, with 5 teams who have 3 RBs, I think that strategy takes a hit as a team needing a RB can shop around.

353825[/snapback]

There are 25 RBs taken now out of the starting possibility of 32 teams. Not many left!

Remaining Starters!

Tiki Barber

Lee Suggs

Tyrone Wheatley

Emmitt Smith

TJ Duckett

Warrick Dunn

Eddie George

Travis Minor

Part time or Possible Starters

Correll Buckhalter

Julius Jones

Deshaun Foster

Willis McGahee

Ron Dayne

Stephen Jackson

Tatum Bell

Josh Scobee

OK, Fantasy Insights has not taken an RB in 3 rounds, but they have tier 1 QB, WR, and TE.

Is this crazy? Or do you have give the team that has won the SOFA 2 of the last 3 years the benefit of the doubt?

I don't know how to navigate to this, but can anyone find and tell us how they drafted last year, or in 2001?

I'll say this: If they win the championship this year, it will certainly shoot a bunch of arrows into the "Stud RB" theory. Not saying it's a bad theory at all, but it has always been presented as the "Golden Rule" of draft strategies. This would prove there are also other ways to win.

Interesting....

Thanks to Rotowire for starting to add real-time comments.

Not trying to hijack this post for an old gripe, but I think the big-guns of FFL websites should take 1 or 2 freakin' days to participate in this draft and put real-time comments and analysis after every pick. Would require an internet-proof booth so they don't see others, but this is the 21st century, right?

I realize everyone is very busy this time of year, but I for one wouldn't mind at all if WW/DMD (it would actually be only one of them anyway) took a day or two away from updating the Huddle to participate.

Post-draft comments like "wanted RBs early and took best ones...happy to get McNair in Round 5" don't help much. Analysis of tiers and draft strategy is better learned by us amatuers if done as picks occur.

Like I said, just venting, not hijacking.

I think Huddle draft is :D so far.

Thanks to Rotowire for starting to add real-time comments.

Not trying to hijack this post for an old gripe, but I think the big-guns of FFL websites should take 1 or 2 freakin' days to participate in this draft and put real-time comments and analysis after every pick.  Would require an internet-proof booth so they don't see others, but this is the 21st century, right?

I realize everyone is very busy this time of year, but I for one wouldn't mind at all if WW/DMD (it would actually be only one of them anyway) took a day or two away from updating the Huddle to participate.

Post-draft comments like "wanted RBs early and took best ones...happy to get McNair in Round 5" don't help much.  Analysis of tiers and draft strategy is better learned by us amatuers if done as picks occur.

Like I said, just venting, not hijacking.

I think Huddle draft is  :D  so far.

353985[/snapback]

What we do is have teams write up an analysis on their draft and what they were thinking as they made their picks. It is published after the draft.

What we do is have teams write up an analysis on their draft and what they were thinking as they made their picks. It is published after the draft.

353992[/snapback]

I know, and I appreciate that. It's better than no comments at all, but not as good as real-time.

I vented, I feel better, I live with what we get, I go back to work....ah, screw it!

OK, Fantasy Insights has not taken an RB in 3 rounds, but they have tier 1 QB, WR, and TE.

Is this crazy? Or do you have give the team that has won the SOFA 2 of the last 3 years the benefit of the doubt?

I don't know how to navigate to this, but can anyone find and tell us how they drafted last year, or in 2001?

I'll say this: If they win the championship this year, it will certainly shoot a bunch of arrows into the "Stud RB" theory.  Not saying it's a bad theory at all, but it has always been presented as the "Golden Rule" of draft strategies.  This would prove there are also other ways to win.

Interesting....

353958[/snapback]

you should take a RB with your top pick if it's early....but if you draft elsewhere late in the 1st....you should look elsewhere for the better value and draft a crop of sleeper backs...

you should take a RB with your top pick if it's early....but if you draft elsewhere late in the 1st....you should look elsewhere for the better value and draft a crop of sleeper backs...

354013[/snapback]

I agree, but there are those who suggest you still take tier 2 RBs "becaue the dropoff in RB is more than the dropoff in other positions...."

I'm not even saying that's bad advise, because I generally thinks it's true. It's just that if you do that, you're leaving the top tier QBs and WRs to the guys who got the top RBs. That's the one I can't clear in my mind.

It seems like there's a point in every draft when teams throw the ratings out the window and pick the sleeper-like guys they think are going to win it for them. I think a lot of these teams have reached that pointed in this draft. The Huddle seems to have NOT reached that point yet. It's too early to reach that point, isn't it? The Bennett pick, too early. The Chris Brown pick, too early. Don't you have to wait until your 4th pick? For the love of god, at least wait until your 3rd pick.

Interesting that Johnson, DJax, S Smith and Coles go before S Moss, Horn and Moulds.

354176[/snapback]

yea...I like Johnson, S Moss and S Smith the most I'm thinking and then it should be like Horn, DJax, Coles and then Moulds....I dislike Moulds because he lacks TD's usually....except Price's contract year...and Horn gets dinged way too much...

As far as real time updates.... that could tip one's draft stategy hand, doesnt work for a live draft, IMHO. I think WW has to go back to WR's here. The old value pick. Wait on RB#2 for a bit..... when does Heap come into play? I sure am glad no one is watching ME like this when I draft! :eek: ACK! The PRESSURE! :D:D

The Huddle may be able to pick up a solid WR2 receiver in Moulds, Horn, Toomer, Moulds, etc. with their 4th pick. The Huddle could pick up RB2 with their 5th pick but may want to look at going with T. Heap if he is available or WR3. Only Fantasy Insights need to grab RBs to round out their starters but we have seen quite a few teams already grab RB3.

If I had to grab a RB I would go with Tiki at this point.

For the Huddle, how bout Lee Suggs?  Then with your next pick you take one of those WRs.  (Or is this throwing the rankings out the window too early?)  I guess you do have to start thinking about getting a TE.  I hate TE-leagues.

354328[/snapback]

I don't think The Huddle should take a RB with their 4th pick unless they think FF Mastermind is going to take a 4th RB at 4.12 or 5.01.

It's pick 4.08 now. Hopefully the Huddle will have a chance at:

Moulds - About the right spot for him at 4.08. "cross your fingers"

Walker - Would be a solid pick at the Huddle's spot of 4.11 or 5.02

Jimmy Smith - Another good WR to be had @ 4.11 or 5.02

Barber - I agree, he is the next back on my list too. "decent" 4.11 pick

Wheatley - is the next on my list after Barber. "only ok" 5.02 pick