[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm here to brag...

sksmith

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice!

We're currently learning how to deal with #3 as her angelic sleeping habits have come to an end; midnight to 4am is her daily fussy time last week or so and after feeding, changing, rocking/swinging, gripe water and gas drops, walks, we've exhausted all tries at comforting and she's just not having any of it. "This, too, shall pass", as they say

Congrats. :tup: Here is some words of wisdom from a 3-time dad:

1. You will never sleep again.

2. Get a membership to Costco for diapers and wipes. Will pay for itself many times over.

3. It's ok to let them cry themselves to sleep. They will not die from crying, and they will sleep like champs when they get older.

4. Watch an entire football game on Sunday with her in your arms. It will be the best time of your life. Trust me on this one.

5. Don't worry about being quiet all the time when she sleeps. Vacuum the carpets, do your chores, whatever. Gets them used to sleeping with noise.

6. Every day is better than the last with her and and any future kids.

7. Spend as much time as you can with your kids. Those moments go so fast. And it is so true.

Spot on! :clap:

Thanks for all the well wishes and advice!

We're currently learning how to deal with #3 as her angelic sleeping habits have come to an end; midnight to 4am is her daily fussy time last week or so and after feeding, changing, rocking/swinging, gripe water and gas drops, walks, we've exhausted all tries at comforting and she's just not having any of it. "This, too, shall pass", as they say

We used a hair dryer with my first born. Worked like a charm. Just put it on low and hold it away from her so it's not blowing on her. The white noise worked for our son.

We used a hair dryer with my first born. Worked like a charm. Just put it on low and hold it away from her so it's not blowing on her. The white noise worked for our son.

Or you could just buy a white noise machine like we did and turn it on. Also works like a charm.

There are also some studies out there now about not letting babies cry uncontrollably. But I won't go there. Cause who knows what's right or wrong. To each is own.

Over the course of a few baby showers we acquired 3 or 4 Sleep Sheeps; a stuffed animal with sound machine that goes in the back. Baby loves whale and heartbeat...which is good, because I find that I love ocean and rain, so we both have our own now

• Haha 1

There are also some studies out there now about not letting babies cry uncontrollably. But I won't go there. Cause who knows what's right or wrong. To each is own.

A newborn is physiologically unable to self soothe. Shouldn't let them 'cry it out' until they are at least 4 months old.

Also, often times, people mistake a hungry baby for colic. It will amaze you how much/often a baby needs to eat. Don't let the breast feeding nazis convince you to not supplement with a bottle if your baby is hungry.

We were on the whole rigid feeding schedule the first couple weeks, but have since switched to a more feeding on demand style...which she has essentially regulated into her own schedule very similar to the original one with a few cluster feedings close to bedtime.

The whole colic thing is beyond confusing: everything and nothing is colic, it has no true definition or solution; it's like the baby version of IBS. 1st Dr seen at pediatrician group was all "no, you don't have a colicky baby, you'd know if that were the case", 2nd Dr seen there a week later said after talking about her farting "oh, you've got a nighttime colicky baby" and gave us paperwork on colic that contradicted her assessment by saying that gas is not a cause of colic. Whatever, we simply react to her fussiness with various options for easement, some work, some don't, occasionally she's just upset for a bit. I will say this organic gripe water we started using about 5 days ago seems to have helped in the gas department.

She's gonna be mobile way sooner than I might like! When laying flat on the couch to watch some TV I'll put her on my stomach and she'll frog kick all the way up to headbutting me within a minute or two; she's getting the hang of the use of her feet