[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody Putting Trust in RGIII for a Championship? LOL

the outlaw

Yup. Sanchez it is for me. I wasn't planning to start Cutler, but i think i should find another backup just to cover myself.

:lol:

Edit: I just checked on Foles. He is not ready to return, so I don't have to worry about that.

I'm going to grab a backup qb to replace Cutler for both my playoff teams. I never thought i would have to do something like that just before a fantasy bowl.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Lot of guys on this topic just had their decision made even easier, as Cutler has been benched in favor of Clausen this week.

I'm looking at RGIII or Flacco this weekend. The loss of Trent Cole for the Eagles only strengthen's the RGIII argument IMHO.

Well hondaballs. Looks like I'll be starting both Smith and RG3.

As the OP, it's good to see a lively debate going on here...i think (at least for me) the Cutler benching is a "good" thing...now, I won't be forced to plug him in "just because he got me here" and watch the Bears offense continue to self-destruct...I do have Forte, but I can only believe having Cutler out of the picture will only make his (Forte's) game stronger - at least that's what I'm telling myself! LOL

Now, I'm down to Rivers or a guy I grab from the FA pool (e.g., RGIII or Alex Smith)...definitely think RGIII offers risk/reward type upside, but with that comes boom/bust potential...Smith is clearly the conservative choice, but does have a great match-up this week against the pass, and the Chiefs have shown some spark in the passing game, recently...I'm just hoping Andy doesn't pull another "we're going to coddle JC in favor of Knile" brain-fart this week! Fortuately, for me I have ODB, who saved my bacon last week...but, don't want to count on one guy to do it again this week (although will welcome another stud performance from anyone in my lineup!)...

Decisions, decisions...

Well, with the latest Cutler news, it looks like I may be rolling with RG3 in two championship games. One over Geno Smith (with no waivers), and the other where Cutler was my only QB. There are other waiver wire options, but I'm not sure any are better than Griffin....

Bortles

Hill (might actually be my next best choice)

Orton

Newton

Teddy B

Clausen

Keenum

Whitehurst

Carr

Geno

Lindley

:sick:

As the OP, it's good to see a lively debate going on here...i think (at least for me) the Cutler benching is a "good" thing...now, I won't be forced to plug him in "just because he got me here" and watch the Bears offense continue to self-destruct...I do have Forte, but I can only believe having Cutler out of the picture will only make his (Forte's) game stronger - at least that's what I'm telling myself! LOL

Now, I'm down to Rivers or a guy I grab from the FA pool (e.g., RGIII or Alex Smith)...definitely think RGIII offers risk/reward type upside, but with that comes boom/bust potential...Smith is clearly the conservative choice, but does have a great match-up this week against the pass, and the Chiefs have shown some spark in the passing game, recently...I'm just hoping Andy doesn't pull another "we're going to coddle JC in favor of Knile" brain-fart this week! Fortuately, for me I have ODB, who saved my bacon last week...but, don't want to count on one guy to do it again this week (although will welcome another stud performance from anyone in my lineup!)...

Decisions, decisions...

now Rivers has a back issue and is missing his top WR. Looks like I'm at a 180 from my original post

I'm considering it. But, my only other option is Geno Smith. :lol:

If I had Rivers or Cutler, I'd start either one over RG3, and wouldn't think twice. OK, maybe I'd think twice with Cutler, but Rivers has much less risk than either of them. In other words, I think Rivers is the safer play, by far. Cutler appears to be disinterested, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him get benched at some point. And, RG3 just scares me. Could get benched (again), could get hurt (again), etc. In Week 16, it's not only about picking the best option, but also about picking the safest option. Nobody wants to lose a championship because their guy got hurt/benched. If there is one constant about Rivers, it's that he always plays (and usually puts up decent numbers).

Rivers may have the slightly lower projections this week (depending on where you look), but I'll take the safer play (with slightly lower projections) every time, unless I'm in a position where I have to shoot for the moon.

Just my :2cents:

I have Rivers but just picked up RG III. Rivers back is awful and he has sucked the past 2 weeks. Almost all projections on many sites have RG III with at least 6 - 8 more fantasy points than Rivers. What a crappy situation.

In this case no. We have a 16-17 championship.

I could go McCown, Smith, Manziel, Bridgewater, Carr, Hill, Stanton, Anderson.... yuck.

Was wondering when Derek Anderson's name would come up in this thread.

Would really suck to not be able to pick somebody up and be out of options with Cutler benched (the reason I believe teams in playoffs should always be allowed to make roster moves, you cannot always have enough depth if crappy things happen, Cutler benched, Cam hurt, others injured/benched.

Was wondering when Derek Anderson's name would come up in this thread.

Would really suck to not be able to pick somebody up and be out of options with Cutler benched (the reason I believe teams in playoffs should always be allowed to make roster moves, you cannot always have enough depth if crappy things happen, Cutler benched, Cam hurt, others injured/benched.

good point, and i hadn't even considered Anderson, but apparently Cam is now getting all the 1st team reps in practice again...so, that would be a crap shoot, too...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/cam-newton

where did you get mccown scoring 20 pts or more in 7 of 8 games? your league probably don't take away pts for turnovers and sacks?

Since week 10:

10 - 24.95

11 - 23.20

12 - 20.25

13 - 8.50

14 - 19.30

15 - 18.80

That's in a -1 point per INT league. No docking for lost fumbles.

McCown hasn't been nearly as lucrative in my league's scoring since returning (although there are no negative points for turnovers, either INT or Lost FUM)...

Wk 10 = 17 pts.

Wk 11 = 17

Wk 12 = 9

Wk 13 = 0

Wk 14 = 17

Wk 15 = 14

I pulled the trigger on Smith earlier this afternoon, so that's who I'm rolling with over Rivers (or, anyone else who's currently available as a FA in my league, including RGIII, although a lot of FF columns are very high on him this week)...

It may be cliche but this is really a "do or die" kind of moment for RG3.

The guy was once a fantasy studmonster and just fell off the wayside. The current regime in WAS wants him to succeed (or so you'd think). Does Jay Gruden like him as a QB? Maybe, maybe not. But let's not kid ourselves as to who calls the shots for that team.

The matchup couldn't be much better, save for playing the Bears maybe. To wit:

* The Redskins will HAVE to throw the ball to keep up with the Iggles. Likely a "playing from behind" thing.

* Trent Cole is out.

* The Redskins can't run the ball with any consistency.

* You have a home run threat in DeSean Jackson, a guy who'd love to stick it to his old team

* Only one other team (da Bears) have allowed more fantasy points to QBs

* If Zach Mettengberger, Austin Davis and RG3's "backup" in Kirk Cousins could all have career highs against them, why not RG3?

Most of all, it's all about this being pretty much do-or-die. If he can't put up 250/2 at minimum, the guy is a toad.

Edited by darin3

...the guy is a toad.

^this...

Believe me, I want to place my trust in him, but I just can't...the guy has been a total train wreck ever since he sprained his knee vs. Ravens during the 2012 regular season game...he has ZERO pocket presence (although, no one ever accused him of being a classic, drop-back QB), as soon as there's even an ounce of pressure (which is often with that scrap heap O-line), he gets "happy feet" and usually ends up picking turf out of his facemask...I'm not blaming everything on him, the Redskins in general are a big fat steaming pile of dysfunctional honda right now, and I honestly don't see that changing anytime in the near or even distant future, but I digress - that's not what this thread is about...

Anyway, I really hope he does blow-up for everyone who has faith in him this week, but I personally went the conservative, safe route with A. Smith...

P.S. - FWIW, Morris usually fares a LOT better when RGIII is under center + at home...

Edited by the outlaw
  • Like 1