[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eye Glasses

dfv87

It is hell to get old... I think I need to get bi focals as reading paperwork is getting difficult.

I made a appt to get my eyes looked at by my eye dr but looking at her prices of frames I am not sure if I want some expensive or am I better off getting 2 cheaper pairs at some discount store or even order them online? Anybody use Dept store frames and just use Dr for the exam?

I have not done any research, but I'm told to get the exam and order online. They may even ship you sample glasses to try and then you send them back and the fill the one you want. The last person I talked to got a 3 for 1 deal under $100

Similar boat... Always wore glasses and told two years ago that it was time for bi-focals. I went with the progressives, and I absolutely hate them. I'm leaning towards regular glasses and cheap reading glasses the next go-around. Appt. tomorrow. Good luck with yours.

• 2 weeks later...

I know many laugh or scoff, but I've been going to my local Wal-Mart Vision Center for probably 20 years now. Same doctor all this time (she's great and very helpful) and their prices (including the exam) are very good. I have no insurance for it, so its all out of pocket.

Years ago I recall going with my Dad to an eye doctor that made glasses there on site, he told me "We'll get your prescription and shop around some, these places are always premium priced" I also go with very simply frames, cannot believe how people spend hundreds on these fashion frames.

Luckily I don't think I'll ever need bifocals, but I do need to remove my glasses (for distance) in order to read books/mags.