[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odell Beckham's draft place next year?

yungballa

I would have to think yes, first round. I mean how could you not? He is playing lights out and is unstoppable. Maybe later first round but who is playing better than he is now? We'll have to see what the Cruz effect is though.

He's the new Calvin just shorter and lighter but as dominant or better.

Eta: his average points per game this season (10 games), which are lessened by his low scores the first two weeks he played, are over 1 pt more than Calvin Johnson's in his best year, 23.52 - 22.45

Edited by irish

Early-mid 2nd. You can't put him head of Julio, Dez, Demaryus, Brown, Green, or Calvin maybe. We've seen too many guys have a great year and once teams have film on them and a year to prepare they adjust. We don't know if he'll do the work either. It's just too risky. It's not like taking one of those guys is going to lose you your league and they are just much safer.

Early-mid 2nd. You can't put him head of Julio, Dez, Demaryus, Brown, Green, or Calvin maybe. We've seen too many guys have a great year and once teams have film on them and a year to prepare they adjust. We don't know if he'll do the work either. It's just too risky. It's not like taking one of those guys is going to lose you your league and they are just much safer.

I agree. As much as I love this guy and he was money when it counted, I have him behind those listed there. He MAY be better, but awful risky in year 1 or 2.

I'd put him ahead of Green and Calvin no problem - based on what we know right now. The others I agree with you. Lotta time between here and next FFL draft though.

• Like 1

I'd put him ahead of Green and Calvin no problem - based on what we know right now. The others I agree with you. Lotta time between here and next FFL draft though.

Right now, today, sure. Not next August. Too many ways he can go sideways, and Green and Calvin only have health in their way.

IF Megatron is on the board and 4 or 5 receivers are already taken it won't take me long to snap him up. I figure many others feels the same way. He (and AJ Green) is a superstar...off year this year only makes him "more interesting" going into next year. If he is WR-6, then he could fall to Low 2 (high 3 in 10 team leagues) which is a monster get.

Edited by kwolf68

The guy who owned him this year is going to have a very hard time to pass him by for anyone. Over the last eight weeks in a PPR league, he scored 220.6 points. Next best is Antonio Brown with 165.8. Megatron is #9 with 138 and Demaryius Thomas is #8 with 141.2.

Over the last 5 weeks, he had 163 points. #2 Julio Jones only had 113.

Over the last 3 weeks, he had 110 . #2 Jordy Nelson had 71.4

Only takes one guy to grab him. He has been phenomenal. But Josh Gordon was last year too...

• Like 1

He will go in the late first round, most likely at the swing when someone decides to double down on WR at then end of the first and beginning of the second.

I am a Giants fan and am psyched he is on our team. However, I just don't see him keeping this production level up all season next year. I hope I am wrong but for now I am enjoying the ride.

And unless he falls to the late second round, I will not take him as I make it a point NOT to draft Giants unless the value is too good to pass up.

Edited by Wpob

The guy who owned him this year is going to have a very hard time to pass him by for anyone. Over the last eight weeks in a PPR league, he scored 220.6 points. Next best is Antonio Brown with 165.8. Megatron is #9 with 138 and Demaryius Thomas is #8 with 141.2.

Over the last 5 weeks, he had 163 points. #2 Julio Jones only had 113.

Over the last 3 weeks, he had 110 . #2 Jordy Nelson had 71.4

Only takes one guy to grab him. He has been phenomenal. But Josh Gordon was last year too...

If Odell goes out and smokes a bunch of Josh Gordon like Gordon did, get suspended for most of the season, then comes back to a crummy QB situation... THEN I could see the comparison.

But if the point is that a player can be hot one year and suck the next, then that's true for any player, no?

:2cents:

• Like 1

If Odell goes out and smokes a bunch of Josh Gordon like Gordon did, get suspended for most of the season, then comes back to a crummy QB situation... THEN I could see the comparison.

But if the point is that a player can be hot one year and suck the next, then that's true for any player, no?

:2cents:

Julio, Demaryus, Dez, etc would like a word with you.

Julio, Demaryus, Dez, etc would like a word with you.

i dont think you understand what he's saying. He explaining that he shouldnt be compared with gordon, and that players like this (dez, etc) arent going to randomly fall apart. So neither should beckham
  • Like 1

i dont think you understand what he's saying. He explaining that he shouldnt be compared with gordon, and that players like this (dez, etc) arent going to randomly fall apart. So neither should beckham

This is EXACTLY my point. Putting Beckham in the Dez etc category is absurd. Those guys have a proven history of not busting. They succeed through QB issues, through nagging injuries, through coaching problems. Beckham has zero track record here. Look I have the guy in my local, and barring a disaster tonight he will single-handedly carry me to a championship, so I know all about what he can do. He just has zero history, just like Gordon. Whether it's toking a smoke, domestic issues, sexual deviancy, an X-box dependancy, getting lazy on the success, not working like you have a draft position and contract on the line, whatever, there are 1000 reasons why Beckham can regress. Dez etc have proven they won't.

This is EXACTLY my point. Putting Beckham in the Dez etc category is absurd. Those guys have a proven history of not busting. They succeed through QB issues, through nagging injuries, through coaching problems. Beckham has zero track record here. Look I have the guy in my local, and barring a disaster tonight he will single-handedly carry me to a championship, so I know all about what he can do. He just has zero history, just like Gordon. Whether it's toking a smoke, domestic issues, sexual deviancy, an X-box dependancy, getting lazy on the success, not working like you have a draft position and contract on the line, whatever, there are 1000 reasons why Beckham can regress. Dez etc have proven they won't.

Personally, I wasn't really trying to put him in any category, as much as I thought the comparison to Gordon didn't quite fit for the reasons I stated. I get DMD's point (really, I do), and I get your point as well. We knew Gordon was a knucklehead even before he was drafted - why was he taken supplemental? Odell doesn't seem to have that, other than being a little "different" during his warm-ups.

I just think it's too early to call either way. Heck, you might recall how much I was on Chris Givens' bandwagon his second year, so I'm familiar with both sides to this.

And out of those 1000's of reasons he could fail, which of them has Beckham shown so far which also compare to what Gordon had done up to that point in his career? (I do mean this as a serious question.)

Edited by lennykravitz2004

Odell doesn't seem to have that, other than being a little "different" during his warm-ups.

I just think it's too early to call either way.

Agree for the most part, again I love love love Beckham, but when choosing between one of the currently-elite WR and the maybe-next-elite WR, I'm taking the proven history every single time.

• Like 1